BRM Reviews the 1/10/2018 NXT (SHAYNA. F*CKING. BASZLER.)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 1/10/2018 NXT (SHAYNA. F*CKING. BASZLER.)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 10th, '18, 21:24

SHAYNA BASZLER vs. DAKOTA KAI- BEST SQUASH EVER.
This was sickening. Baszler f*cking RUINED Dakota Kai’s arm with a sick stomp to the elbow and was given the win via referee stoppage. Then, just to be a dick, she put Dakota in her chokehold. Ember Moon came out to confront her and Baszler cockily backed down. Baszler came off as extremely dangerous and a total badass without seeming in any way likable.

AUTHORS OF PAIN PROMO- they spoke in whatever their native language(s?) are. Also, Ellering spoke in English a bit.

WILLIAM REGAL SCOLDS SHAYNA BASZLER- he tells her that hurting people won’t get her a title shot.

KASSIUS OHNO vs. RAUL MENDOZA- 4.5/10
Mendoza got to do Lucha (with Ohno providing an excellent base), then Ohno got the win with an elbow to the back of the head.

ZELENA VEGA INTERVIEW- good promo to build up the title match at the Takeover show.

JOHNNY GARGANO INTERVIEW- he gets interrupted by The Velveteen Dream, who lists several ways in which he believes that Gargano got lucky.

STREET PROFITS DOING STUFF- they torment a short bald man backstage. They were both speaking very quickly and often at the same time, so it was very hard to understand them. Then they went to go bother Regal. They wanted a tag title shot. Regal booked them in a #1 contendership match against the Authors of Pain next week.

LARS SULLIVAN vs. LIO RUSH- 3/10 (but great for the time it got)
Lio was fast, Sullivan was strong, and once Sullivan got his hands on Lio, that was it.

LARS SULLIVAN PROMO- not bad. He wants to go one-on-one with Killian Dain. He attacked Lio after the match just because.

UNDISPUTED ERA JUMP SAnitY BACKSTAGE- that was very mean of them.
UNDISPUTED ERA PROMO- They said stuff. Nikki Cross had to be restrained by several referees when she tried to attack them. Then Regal came out to scold them. He said they would be defending their titles tonight. Roddy volunteered to face them, as did Aleister Black. Oh sh*t. This will be AWESOME (assuming SAnitY doesn’t run in for the DQ).

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: Undisputed Era (Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish)(c) vs. Roderick Strong & Aleister Black- 7.25/10
Undisputed Era win after Cole interferes and distracts Aleister, resulting in him being unable to save Roddy from being pinned. Aleister attacked them after the match but was beaten down by Undisputed Era, including a sick slam onto a steel chair. Regal then booked Cole vs. Aleister at Takeover in an Extreme Rules match.

A GREAT episode of NXT. 2018 looks like it’s going to be a lot of fun.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 1/10/2018 NXT (SHAYNA. F*CKING. BASZLER.)

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 11th, '18, 07:40

I just don't really care for Bayzler. Maybe because she's probably going to be putting aside women who have been going forward much longer than she was. See Kairi Sane. Plus she kind of feels like a less cool Broc Lesnar, but she'll around more. I'm not sure what else it is though.

Street profits v Authors of Pain? Lol yes, hate those street profits. The cryme tyme version of New Day!

The rest of the stuff looks good and swell enough though, I'm onto Mendoza and Ohno, who I'm pretty sure is dressed like the Orlando Magic.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '18, 09:28

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 10th, '18, 21:24
WILLIAM REGAL SCOLDS SHAYNA BASZLER- he tells her that hurting people won’t get her a title shot.
Kevin Owens, Rhyno, Samoa Joe, The Revival...Maybe Regal finally learned not to set the example that hurting people DOES get you title shots

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '18, 09:35

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 07:40 I just don't really care for Bayzler. Maybe because she's probably going to be putting aside women who have been going forward much longer than she was. See Kairi Sane.
Except she can legit shoot beat the shit up of every woman in the company, maybe Taynara Conti can beat her up, but that's it. I think she is perfect and credible enough to come in as a monster (without relying on size) and become the unstoppable monster that Kairi Sane will one day overcome. I haven't seen spoilers yet, but i'm guessing Baszler takes the title at the rumble/wrestlemania and Sane chases and wins at Summerslam or Survivor Series Takeovers (assuming there's no Japan takeover this year)

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '18, 09:56

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 09:35
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 07:40 I just don't really care for Bayzler. Maybe because she's probably going to be putting aside women who have been going forward much longer than she was. See Kairi Sane.
Except she can legit shoot beat the shit up of every woman in the company, maybe Taynara Conti can beat her up, but that's it. I think she is perfect and credible enough to come in as a monster (without relying on size) and become the unstoppable monster that Kairi Sane will one day overcome. I haven't seen spoilers yet, but i'm guessing Baszler takes the title at the rumble/wrestlemania and Sane chases and wins at Summerslam or Survivor Series Takeovers (assuming there's no Japan takeover this year)
All of this. Baszler is too legit to not use this way.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '18, 09:58

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 09:28
Kevin Owens, Rhyno, Samoa Joe, The Revival...Maybe Regal finally learned not to set the example that hurting people DOES get you title shots
Hopefully. Or else every woman in that performance center who isn't already part of the touring roster.is going to wind up with their arm f*cked up.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 11th, '18, 10:11

Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 09:58
Hopefully. Or else every woman in that performance center who isn't already part of the touring roster.is going to wind up with their arm f*cked up.
I'm....I'm not opposed to that, i worked PERFECTLY with Pentagon Jr

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '18, 12:39

cero2k wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 10:11
I'm....I'm not opposed to that, i worked PERFECTLY with Pentagon Jr
Dude. This will be a million times better if they do it right. That was a guy breaking arms either at random or because a higher force told him to. This is just Baszler doing it because she's a bully and an asshole and sees herself as being above the level of the people they've put her with. Hell... imagine if this whole thing with Baszler beating up the trainees leads to Baszler vs. DEATH REY!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 12th, '18, 07:08

Lio Rush looks ridiculous as hell. Short and slim as hell but somehow actually has the smallest bit of muscle lol.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 12th, '18, 18:21

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 12th, '18, 07:08 Lio Rush looks ridiculous as hell. Short and slim as hell but somehow actually has the smallest bit of muscle lol.
Haha! THIS! He looks like a child.

-I enjoyed the show, but I felt like they went to the well too many times with all the post match beat-down stuff. The Baszler bit was good, it served a purpose, but they did the bit before that at the PC - then the Sullivan thing for no reason, then Undisputed's beatdown of Sanity before their match and AB after the match... just staaaaahp. Figure out another way...

The only match that didn't have A TON of BS attatched to it was Ohno's, who just looks like shit. I loved Chris Hero, but who is this guy!?
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 07:40 Street profits v Authors of Pain? Lol yes, hate those street profits. The cryme tyme version of New Day!
I don't hate them, but I agree.

Tell ya what I do hate though, these guys ARE undefeated, these guys go to Regal to find out what else they have to do to get a title shot, these guys get booked against AOP in what will most definitely be an upset if they pull it off to get their shot. Roddy and Aleister just showed up. Consistency, man. Consistency.
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 10th, '18, 21:24 ZELENA VEGA INTERVIEW- good promo to build up the title match at the Takeover show
This was phenomenal. She carefully got Gargano over here as well, which he needs - as in she buried him, but dug him out at the end in addressing him as a threat. They undid it all 5 minutes later with Velvateen, but Z was great as always.

Did Percy Watson talk at all? Why is he there?

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 12th, '18, 23:10

Bob-O wrote: Jan 12th, '18, 18:21

i mean, we all know, we just don't want to say it out loud

XIV

Post by XIV » Jan 13th, '18, 00:50

Add Pete Dunne to that list.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 13th, '18, 06:50

cero2k wrote: Jan 12th, '18, 23:10

I've said it before, it's actually been brought up lol, I mean you've got Watson, Booker T, and Saxton. Watson is the best of three, while Saxton is an absolute joke.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 13th, '18, 07:25

It's just obviously, " Ooohh! Look at us nice friendly really good and cool PR positive guys employing all types over here!", But they suck so bad so now it's like "Now what....?"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Jan 13th, '18, 07:29

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 12th, '18, 07:08 Lio Rush looks ridiculous as hell. Short and slim as hell but somehow actually has the smallest bit of muscle lol.
Haha! THIS! He looks like a child.

-I enjoyed the show, but I felt like they went to the well too many times with all the post match beat-down stuff. The Baszler bit was good, it served a purpose, but they did the bit before that at the PC - then the Sullivan thing for no reason, then Undisputed's beatdown of Sanity before their match and AB after the match... just staaaaahp. Figure out another way...

The only match that didn't have A TON of BS attatched to it was Ohno's, who just looks like shit. I loved Chris Hero, but who is this guy!?
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 11th, '18, 07:40 Street profits v Authors of Pain? Lol yes, hate those street profits. The cryme tyme version of New Day!
I don't hate them, but I agree.

Tell ya what I do hate though, these guys ARE undefeated, these guys go to Regal to find out what else they have to do to get a title shot, these guys get booked against AOP in what will most definitely be an upset if they pull it off to get their shot. Roddy and Aleister just showed up. Consistency, man. Consistency.
Big Red Machine wrote: Jan 10th, '18, 21:24 ZELENA VEGA INTERVIEW- good promo to build up the title match at the Takeover show
This was phenomenal. She carefully got Gargano over here as well, which he needs - as in she buried him, but dug him out at the end in addressing him as a threat. They undid it all 5 minutes later with Velvateen, but Z was great as always.

Kassius Ohno is just a fighter whose whole look is "Random NBA uniform every night" lol.

Yeah I can't really fathom the Street Prophets (wth do they spell it "Pro-fit"?) , Defeating them cleanly, so maybe that's all the more reason for a ridiculous upset.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 13th, '18, 08:57

KILLdozer wrote: Jan 13th, '18, 07:29 Kassius Ohno is just a fighter whose whole look is "Random NBA uniform every night" lol.
He looks like the kid that doesn't want to take his shirt off in the pool, which is a comparison I've heard Steen talk about being made to him when a booker (Gabe maybe...?) told him to take the shirt off. He's always done it, whatever, but I just can't get over how bad he looks, and (this week anyway) his work came across sloppy and lazy, like he was struggling to even run the ropes. I was pissed when they let him go the last time, but I'm starting to understand where they were coming from! I'm not picking on him for being bigger, I'm picking on him for being out of shape. Steen never came across that way.
KILLdozer wrote: Jan 13th, '18, 07:29 Defeating them cleanly, so maybe that's all the more reason for a ridiculous upset.
I know I was bitching back there, but I'm hoping this is one of those times Undisputed gets involved to take AOP out, because they'd rather face the Street Prophets at Takeover.

Fair enough, but if they're just doing it for that, bring back Awesome Kong, kill two birds with one stone and (like Nigel) I'd actually be interested in what she had to say.

Ronallo: Nikki Cross just kicked Ember Moon between the legs there while the ref's back was turned and Ember's down! How's that work? Nigel?

McGuiness: I'm not sure, as a man I know I'd be laid out for sure after that one but Ember should be right back up. Given the gender of the match here that shot might have actually been legal, I'm not sure... Kharma?

Kharma: I mean... a kick hurts no matter what, but in this case it'd still be illegal because the rules are not gender specific. I'm not sure why she went there though, she should have punched her in the boobs which would be legal AND hurt more than a normal punch...

McGuiness: So why don't we see more of that in women's matches

Ronallo: I'd like to see A LOT more of that in women's matches...

Kharma: *punches Ronallo in the balls*

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '18, 18:58

Didn't Dave and Bryan have this exact same conversation recently?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 13th, '18, 19:03

The other difference between Steen and Hero is that Steen made it part of his character in a way that Hero never has. With Hero it has a lot to do being let go from WWE for being too heavy, because his weight had always been something he was self-conscious about (although it used to be in the other direction because he was so skinny that he never wrestled without a shirt until he went to NOAH in 2008-2009 and really bulked up).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation