BRM Reviews the 12/20/2017 NXT (BATE VS. DUNNE!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/20/2017 NXT (BATE VS. DUNNE!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 22nd, '17, 13:42

NXT TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: SAnitY(c) (w/Alexander Wolfe) vs. The Undisputed Era (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly)- 6.75/10
Wait… SAnitY are the tag champs? I was certain Cole and O’Reilly were.
Well… they are now. Cole got involved, as did Nikki Cross. The finish saw EY going after Cole when he should have followed up on his offense, which let reDRagon hit him with their high-low move and get the win. I’m having a lot of trouble getting into this feud. I know I’m not supposed to like Undisputed Era and they do a good job of playing the heels, but SAnitY do not come off like babyfaces at all. They don’t even come off as relatable, and I have no idea what their motivations are (other than win, but they seem like the sort of team that needs something more to be satisfying), so I’m not into them at all.

RODERICK STRONG VIDEO PACKAGE- reprocessed.

HEAVY MACHINERY COME ACROSS MOSS & SABATELLI’S CAR- yeah Moss & Sabatelli are douchy, but Heavy Machinery were just going to physically move their car for no real reason.

SONYA DEVILLE INTEVIEW- very good.
She says she’ll beat Ember Moon for the title next week and notes that during their recent three-way match, not only did Ember not pin Sonya, but she actually stole Sonya’s win by taking advantage of the damage Sonya had done to Ruby’s ankle to pin her.

LARS SULLIVAN VIDEO PACKAGE- fine

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH QUALIFIER: Roderick Strong vs. Lars Sullivan- 7/10
Now this is something I can get into. Roddy threw everything he had at the gigantic Sullivan but Sullivan was just too big and strong (no pun intended) for Roddy to overcome.

STREET PROPHETS STUFF- filler

CHRISTY ST. CLOUD INTERVIEWS TYLER BATE- fine babyface promo. He says he’s going to win his title back tonight.

WWE UK TITLE MATCH: Pete Dunne(c) vs. Tyler Bate- 9.5/10
This was another amazing match from these two, and probably better than their previous one… except for that G-d damn stupid Airplane Spin spot. That entire move needs to go, but doing it three times in a row, getting yourself just as dizzy as the opponent when you could have just dropped him on his head and pinned him is moronic. Everything else about this match (the vicious strikes, the drama, the work on the arm, the fighting spirit) was excellent, but G-d damn that Airplane Spin spot pissed me off SOOOO much.

An amazing episode of NXT, but the must-see main event deserves most of the credit. Not all of it, but most.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 12/20/2017 NXT (BATE VS. DUNNE!)

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 23rd, '17, 03:02

I actually didn't like the "one guy gets the hell clotheslined out of him, then gets right up and clothesline the hell out of HIM right back" spot lol. Entertaining and all, but an extremely ridiculous idea.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 23rd, '17, 03:57

Long live British Strong Style.

I like the airplane spin if it's used rarely (Pre-WWE Tyler only used this when the guy was much bigger as a show of strength). It should not be used every match, and definitely not as much as that!

It's a shame that these guys will probably never amount to anything on Smackdown or Raw. I'd love to see Pete Dunne be the one to knock Enzo off his perch in a proper feud. You could have Dunne trying to get Enzo, but Enzo just putting different members of the 'Zo train in front of him, so in beating Drew Gulak and others week after week this builds Dunne even more, before he finally gets to Enzo and winning the Cruiserweight Championship. I would then follow this up by having Dunne customise it to say "Bruiserweight" Champion and refusing to acknowledge the belt as anything else would be great.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 23rd, '17, 14:01

Dinner really needs to be told to stop putting the belt in his fuckin' mouth.

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 24th, '17, 02:35

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 23rd, '17, 14:01 Dinner really needs to be told to stop putting the belt in his fuckin' mouth.
"Dinner" is what he's having when he puts the belt in his mouth.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 24th, '17, 05:57

I'm not fond of the Morishima rip-off act, either. Nor his random biting. It's a thing that Tommaso Ciampa started that has since become one of those dumb indy things that makes no sense and indy guys do for no reason.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 24th, '17, 08:19

XIV wrote: Dec 24th, '17, 02:35
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 23rd, '17, 14:01 Dinner really needs to be told to stop putting the belt in his fuckin' mouth.
"Dinner" is what he's having when he puts the belt in his mouth.
Wth. That totally should've said ""Dunne" lol.

I'm just disgusted every time I see that.

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 24th, '17, 09:22

It's a dumb act and something that doesn't make much sense in relation to Dunne's character that much I do agree with.
Have A Nice Day!