BRM Reviews the 12/13/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/13/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 15th, '17, 12:22

FABIAN AICHNER vs. ANDRADA “CIEN” ALMAS (w/Zelina Vega)- 4.5/10
GREAT for the time it got. It was all action, with Aichner shockingly dominating most of it until Almas made a comeback and won. I know this match was short, but Aichner looked pretty great here.

ALEISTER BLACK VIDEO PACKAGE- just a highlight reel. I’d normally call this filler, but this was the first NXT show on real TV, so the real purpose of this was to hype Black up for anyone checking the show out for the first time.

SAnitY PROMO- they say that “next week, we’ll finish what we started in Houston,” which apparently means they’re getting a tag title shot next week.

ONEY LORCAN & DANNY BURCH vs. THE AUTHORS OF PAIN (w/Paul Ellering)- no rating, good semi-squash.
Burch and Lorcan were allowed just enough fire in the beginning to make them look like the competent brawlers they are before AOP took over and hit their big moves and got the win. The announcers pushed that the AOP are looking for another shot at the tag titles.

UK TITLE MATCH HYPE VIDEO PACKAGE- good build for next week.

EMBER MOON vs. PEYTON ROYCE (w/Billie Kay)- 4.5/10
A win for the champion, hoping killing Peyton off a title contender for a while.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good
Billie Kay jumped Ember after the match. She and Royce hit Ember with a double-team move and were about to do something else when Nikki Cross came out and made the save. She then started at the title belt for a bit before running around randomly because she’s a crazy person. I’d like some solid movement on this Nikki Cross thing soon.

FOOTAGE OF THE STREET PROPHETS HANGING OUT WITH FANS LAST WEEK- fine

ADAM COLE VIDEO PACKAGE- same as the above Aleister Black one.

SHAYNA BASZLER IS COMING- (and she’s probably bringing her friend Ronda along for WrestleMania. Also, Jessamyn Duke will be there. Which is really the story of Jessamyn Duke’s career.).

#1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH QUALIFIER WITH UNDISPUTED ERA BARRED FROM RINGSIDE: Aleister Black vs. Adam Cole- 7.75/10
Cole being his cocky self and Aleister Black trying to kick the sh*t out of him. He eventually did, putting Cole down with the Black Mass.

A good show from NXT, both as a regular show, and as a show designed to draw in first-time viewers, doing a competent job of introducing most of the major players and hyping up both tonight’s main event and next week’s show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 12/13/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 16th, '17, 07:11

If anything Sane should have been facing Ember Moon, seeing as how she's beaten both Royce and Kaye numerous times. Not to mention one of them lost at Takeover, abs definitely haven't done anything to get a shot at the Champion.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 17th, '17, 07:11

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 16th, '17, 07:11 If anything Sane should have been facing Ember Moon, seeing as how she's beaten both Royce and Kaye numerous times. Not to mention one of them lost at Takeover, abs definitely haven't done anything to get a shot at the Champion.
They interrupted an interview and expressed that they felt that they deserved it, which is all you have to do in the Women's division. The sooner rest of the division figures this out, the sooner they'll get shots too. These things aren't just handed out, man! Ya gotta EARN it!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 17th, '17, 09:07

Bob-O wrote: Dec 17th, '17, 07:11
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 16th, '17, 07:11 If anything Sane should have been facing Ember Moon, seeing as how she's beaten both Royce and Kaye numerous times. Not to mention one of them lost at Takeover, abs definitely haven't done anything to get a shot at the Champion.
They interrupted an interview and expressed that they felt that they deserved it, which is all you have to do in the Women's division. The sooner rest of the division figures this out, the sooner they'll get shots too. These things aren't just handed out, man! Ya gotta EARN it!
I'm so sick of those two anyway though. Their antics have worn extremely thin over these, what, two years?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 17th, '17, 12:21

KILLdozer wrote: Dec 17th, '17, 09:07
I'm so sick of those two anyway though. Their antics have worn extremely thin over these, what, two years?
Something like it, yeah. That's why I was so excited when it seemed like they might break up. I'm just tired of them, a doubly so of seeing them as a unit.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 17th, '17, 14:50

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 17th, '17, 12:21
KILLdozer wrote: Dec 17th, '17, 09:07

Something like it, yeah. That's why I was so excited when it seemed like they might break up. I'm just tired of them, a doubly so of seeing them as a unit.
Yeah, their finger pointing thing is just too much. As you said, together they're twice as bad because they're essentially the same person/character/gimmick.