BRM Reviews the 11/22/2017 NXT

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/22/2017 NXT

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 24th, '17, 13:13

RUBY RIOT vs. SONYA DEVILLE- 6/10
The angles they did on Raw and Smackdown have really killed my interest in this match. It went from a top babyface vs. a brooding but respectable tweener to two heels with mysterious motivations fighting in a lame duck match before they head to the main roster. Sonya worked the leg but Ruby still managed to pick up the win.

LARS SULLIVAN PROMO- meh. He really doesn’t need to be talking.

EMBER MOON INTERVIEW- good babyface “I just won the title” promo.

DREW MCINTYRE INTERVIEW- his arm is injured. He also cut a good babyface “I just lost the belt” promo.

MOSS, SABATELLI, & THE STREET PROFITS HAVE AN INCIDENT- the Street Prophets were celebrating outside with some fans. Riddick & Tino cut a promo on them. It was fine.

UNDISPUTED ERA PROMO- fine.

WWE UK CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH: Pete Dunne(c) vs. Johnny Gargano- 7.5/10

A fine transitional episode from NXT. Hopefully next week the real fallout will start.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/22/2017 NXT

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 24th, '17, 13:24

Street Prophets are somehow worse than the New day. Where exactly where this whole thing lead for Gargano? I don't think it's a heel turn, because that would skew things once (if, who knows honestly at this point) Ciampa comes back, so maybe some kind of story where he finds huge redemption and wins the title eventually?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 24th, '17, 15:12

KILLdozer wrote: Nov 24th, '17, 13:24 Street Prophets are somehow worse than the New day. Where exactly where this whole thing lead for Gargano? I don't think it's a heel turn, because that would skew things once (if, who knows honestly at this point) Ciampa comes back, so maybe some kind of story where he finds huge redemption and wins the title eventually?
i really don't see anything going with Gargano, at least not with Dunne, that was a 'we have nothing for either guy this show' booking, where they knew they would at least get a good match for the filler nxt episode. I wouldn't be surprised if Gargano 'graduates' to 205Live even before Ciampa recovers and they can just continue that feud over there

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Nov 24th, '17, 21:38

I saw a thing on FB from WWE.com about him reacting to the loss,. And they made it put over as a big deal "It's nothing he's not used to it because he's felt it so many times before lately ."

Kind of like he's sinking into the darkness and just giving into the negativity.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.