BRM Reviews the 10/10/2017 Smackdwn

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 10/10/2017 Smackdwn

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 11th, '17, 01:16

10/10/17. A date that comes once a century. And no, I will never let TNA live that down.

That still picture they have of Sami pulling Owens off of the table while Shane is jumping makes it look like Zayn is actually powerbombing Owens through the table, or maybe holding him still for Shane. LOL.

The announcers are telling us that Hell in a Cell was “the final confrontation” between The Usos and The New Day, but aren’t The New Day owed a rematch?

OPENING SEGMENT- started out great, then went downhill.
The Usos called out The New Day and cut an AMAZING promo showing The New Day respect for the war they have gone through together, and offering them a truce. New Day gladly accepted, but while they were doing this, both teams buried the rest of the division. This brought out the Hype Bros. to complain about the booking. The Usos cut them down with a wonderful shot a Mojo’s NFL career.
Then Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin came out and pointed out that they beat the Hype Bros. at the PPV. Then Breezango and The Ascension came out. The Usos buried all of them. Then Daniel Bryan came out and was acting like a total dick and came off completely heelish, but then booked a four-way #1 contendership match, even though Gable & Benjamin are the only one of these teams who I can even remember having seen win a match in the past two months.

FATAL FOUR-WAY #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Shelton Benjamin & Chad Gable vs. Breezango vs. The Hype Bros. vs. The Ascension- 7/10
This was a fun, crazy, chaotic match. Shelton & Gable dominated literally almost every single moment they were legal, and got the win. There was also a spot where Connor shoved Mojo into Ryder to save Breeze from eating the Hype Ryder, resulting in Mojo and Zack arguing. I love things like this that kill two birds (Ascension want to be friends with Breezango, Mojo and Zack are having problems) with one stone.

DASHA WANTS TO INTERVIEW OWENS & ZAYN BUT THEY WON’T COME OUT OF THEIR LOCKER ROOM- Yes, I said “their” locker room. They are apparently a team again.

WOMEN BACKSTAGE- terrible, except for one single, solitary moment of greatness.
Nattie is now cradling the championship and talking to it like it’s a baby. Lana and Tamina show up and Lana says that the title would look a lot better around Tamina’s waist. Then Carmella showed up just to remind everyone that she has the MITB briefcase. They are arguing, but Nattie says “the one thing we agree on is that we all agree to be champion way more than Charlotte Flair.”
And wouldn’t you know it, right then is when Charlotte happened to be walking by, so she and Nattie get face to face, and Nattie says “Why the long boo-boo face, Charlotte? Did you break your pathetic father’s heart again?” Charlotte responded to this by assaulting Nattie, and despite the atrocious dialogue and the painfully stage nature of everything in this segment so far, Charlotte went at Nattie with such viciousness and threw that first forearm so hard that for that one split second I thought it was a shoot. MAJOR props to Charlotte for that.
The other heels went after Nattie but Becky and Naomi just happened to be walking by so they ran in to help Charlotte, and then some referees came in to break things up.

RENEE YOUNG INTERVIEWS BARON CORBIN- decent promo by Corbin.

BECKY LYNCH vs. CARMELLA (w/James Ellsworth)- 2/10
Carmella has mastered the art of screaming in terror whenever the babyface is coming after her, which is a great skill for a heel to have.

KEVIN OWENS & SAMI ZAYN PROMOS- ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! Sami Zayn just cut the promo of the year… as a heel! Sami’s promo might have even been a little too good, as, based on the way Shane has been portrayed on TV, I can totally see Sami’s version of events being 100% accurate. Between that and the fact that- even if they are heels- this was two best friends reconciling, this segment almost had a happy tone to it for me.

AIDEN ENGLISH & RUSEV vs. RANDY ORTON & SHINSUKE NAKAMURA- 6/10

RENEE YOUNG INTERVIEWS AJ STYLES- great promo by AJ

BLUDGEON BROTHERS PROMO- everything about this is right in that sweet spot where I can’t decide if it’s terrible or awesome.

BOBBY ROODE CALLS OUT DOLPH ZIGGLER- good.
Dolph claims to have “exposed” Roode’s in-ring weaknesses by pointing out that Roode had to cheat to beat him. What Roode unfortunately didn’t point out was that Dolph had tried to cheat in the same way. Dolph demands another match. Roode says he’s happy to do so right now, but Dolph backs off.

WWE UNITED STATES TITLE MATCH: Baron Corbin(c) vs. AJ Styles- 7.5/10
A good, clean win for Corbin.

RENEE YOUNG INTERVIEWS BARON CORBIN- hilarious and bad and great all at the same time. He said “you can all cry, cry, cry. And I’ll buy a boat, and float down the river of your tears.”

An abnormally great episode of Smackdown.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 10/10/2017 Smackdwn

Post by cero2k » Oct 11th, '17, 09:41

Big Red Machine wrote: Oct 11th, '17, 01:16
OPENING SEGMENT- started out great, then went downhill.
The Usos called out The New Day and cut an AMAZING promo showing The New Day respect for the war they have gone through together, and offering them a truce. New Day gladly accepted, but while they were doing this, both teams buried the rest of the division. This brought out the Hype Bros. to complain about the booking. The Usos cut them down with a wonderful shot a Mojo’s NFL career.
Then Chad Gable & Shelton Benjamin came out and pointed out that they beat the Hype Bros. at the PPV. Then Breezango and The Ascension came out. The Usos buried all of them. Then Daniel Bryan came out and was acting like a total dick and came off completely heelish, but then booked a four-way #1 contendership match, even though Gable & Benjamin are the only one of these teams who I can even remember having seen win a match in the past two months.
I actually thought from the start that they trying to sell how hurt they were was weak because in the same show Owens and Shane had gone far further in the damaged department.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 11th, '17, 11:45

Bludgeon Brothers huh...right at the same time Idiot Wyatt does his hilarious Abigail nonsense. At this point they'd deserve a better Manager for that gimmick anyways, which is obviously a good step away from anything Wyatt related, which is always a great thing for any and everyone.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Oct 11th, '17, 17:06

I don't really that this was "the first time ever tag titles were defended in hell in a cell."

Lol man come on, that's just really hard to believe.

Oh, it's probably THIS set of tag titles. Lol great catch /loophole there...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.