BRM's thoughts on the 12/16 Impact

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM's thoughts on the 12/16 Impact

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 18th, '10, 15:00

1. The Morgan-Anderson segment was both good and interesting.

2. The Segment in the ring with Morgan, Anderson, and Hardy was great… until Jeff got more than 10 seconds to speak. 1) HE BROKE KAYFABE ON THE AIR, by heavily implying that wrestling is scripted (even going as far as to call wrestlers “con men”)… then said that it was all about the title. So what Jeff has just said is that it is all about a fake title that is won and lost at predetermined times. Then Jeff says that he and Kaz are going to fake beat Morgan and Anderson up. THIS is why you don’t break kayfabe on the air (aside from respecting the business)… because if you do, NOTHING ELSE YOU SAY MATTERS, BECAUSE IT’S ALL “FAKE!”

3. I do have to complement Jeff on the Two-Face style facepaint. I thought that was really cool, especially with the way it worked with the lighting and the camera angles.

4. Then Tenay tells us what we just saw.

5. TNA X-Division Title match: Robbie E. (w/Cookie) vs. Jay Lethal- 4/10. Boring match. Lethal wins the belt, but not cleanly, because Russo is (over)booking this.
During the match Christy Hemme comes down and handcuffs herself to Cookie.

6. The Bischoff-AJ segment sets up an AJ face turn. Good.

7. MAGNUS! WHOA! YES! NIGEL IS COMING BACK! The lack of Chelsea is disappointing, though.

8. AJ beating up Williams was done well (“Look! Another wall.”), but Madison and Tara’s “lockerroom” looked a lot more like a hotel room. AJ calling Madison a hooker was also funny.

9. We get a random segment with OJ, EY, and some blonde girls.

10. OH G-D! That’s the TNA World Heavyweight Title! The one that people actually care about… AND THEY ARE DOING THE JIM DUGGAN TV TITLE ANGLE WITH IT!!!!!!!!!! WHAT THE F*CK?!

11. Jeff says a bunch of stuff that don’t really make too much sense together.

12. Generation Me vs. Eric Young & Orlando Jordan- really hard to rate… so I’m not going to. EY’s comedy stuff was awesome (as was the “BRIAN’S CHEATING!” chant), and I don’t think that Gen. Me should have lost so quickly, but OJ’s submission looked pretty good.
Since when is EY from Tennessee? He is from CANADA!
OJ in the Hooters’ outfit was kind of funny.

13. Madison & Tara vs. Mickie James & Miss Tessmacher-4/10. TERRIBLE finish. The announcers seem to be implying that Tara is doing something wrong,
I really like Miss Tessmacher as Bischoff’s choice for Mickie’s partner. It’s such a douchy Bischoff thing to do. My one complaint is that Tara and Mickie are in the same match. Didn’t they just end their rivalry last show?

14. Rob Terry is back again. His segment with Kaz was pretty good.

15. The Pope segment with the random other guy was a waste of time.

16. Bubba Ray comes out and says that he is now starting his singles career. So what was the point of him teaming with the student last week. All it did was make Bubba look foolish when they lost.

17. Bubba Ray Dudley vs. Amazing Red- 3.5/10. Not much more than an extended squash. A jobber could have been in Red’s place and the match wouldn’t have been any different.

18. We get some random waste of time in a parking lot.

19. Rob Terry vs. Rob Van Dam- 5.25/10. Enjoyable, but not too exciting or long. I don’t think that Terry should have lost this easily.
Before the match RVD cut a quick little promo that ROCKED.
20. Jarrett using Kurt’s entrance lift didn’t get any reaction at all. I think playing Jarrett’s music while doing it gave it away.

21. The Jeff Jarrett MMA segments are actually pretty well done, especially Jarrett choosing his competitor.

22. Jeff Hardy & Kazarian vs. Morgan & Mr. Anderson- 6/10. WAY too short for a main event, but told a good story (unfortunately they didn’t have much time to tell it). I am completely fine with Terry joining Immortal. They need someone who can counter Morgan.

Stupid Announcer Quotes:
1. Tenay tries to blame Cookie for Lethal getting DQed at Final Resolution, because everything has to be the heel’s fault. Right. Because Cookie made Lethal pick up the hair spray, and she made him spray it in Robbie’s eyes. Moron. Tenay even says that she interfered to help Robbie E win at Final Resolution. I guess the Goldfish forgot the finish to that match.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

kirbs2002

Re: BRM's thoughts on the 12/16 Impact

Post by kirbs2002 » Dec 18th, '10, 17:47

Big Red Machine wrote:2. The Segment in the ring with Morgan, Anderson, and Hardy was great… until Jeff got more than 10 seconds to speak. 1) HE BROKE KAYFABE ON THE AIR, by heavily implying that wrestling is scripted (even going as far as to call wrestlers “con men”)… then said that it was all about the title. So what Jeff has just said is that it is all about a fake title that is won and lost at predetermined times. Then Jeff says that he and Kaz are going to fake beat Morgan and Anderson up. THIS is why you don’t break kayfabe on the air (aside from respecting the business)… because if you do, NOTHING ELSE YOU SAY MATTERS, BECAUSE IT’S ALL “FAKE!”
Worked shoot?! I'm with the smarks on this one:

Fire Russo! *clap* *clap* *clap**clap**clap*
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"