ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Oh Dear G-D These Belts Look Atrocious

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '18, 08:24

you are the only one thinking that, everyone last night was salivating over them on reddit and twitter. Especially the tag titles

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 23rd, '18, 08:39

cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '18, 08:24 you are the only one thinking that, everyone last night was salivating over them on reddit and twitter. Especially the tag titles
I guess I just like traditional belts with traditional-looking belt plates. And that owl is horrific.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '18, 09:16

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 23rd, '18, 08:39
cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '18, 08:24 you are the only one thinking that, everyone last night was salivating over them on reddit and twitter. Especially the tag titles
I guess I just like traditional belts with traditional-looking belt plates. And that owl is horrific.
I won't disagree, i love traditional titles too, but i didn't think these were as bad, they just look modernized and the owls i thought were hidden enough

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 23rd, '18, 09:50

cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '18, 09:16
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 23rd, '18, 08:39
I won't disagree, i love traditional titles too, but i didn't think these were as bad, they just look modernized and the owls i thought were hidden enough
The owls jumped right out at me. All of the lines and stuff on these belts feel like someone was trying way too hard for something that looked "modern." These feel like they're sketches for possible company logos more than they do championship belts.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 23rd, '18, 15:03

also, worth noting that the Grand Championship didn't get redo. It could be because that one didn't have the GFW logo covered by a sticker, but maybe they'll just retire the title. It's hard to say given last night's spoilers

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 23rd, '18, 15:21

cero2k wrote: Apr 23rd, '18, 15:03 also, worth noting that the Grand Championship didn't get redo. It could be because that one didn't have the GFW logo covered by a sticker, but maybe they'll just retire the title. It's hard to say given last night's spoilers
I haven't seen the spoilers (didn't know there was anything other than the PPV being taped), but I'd be shocked if they didn't retire it. Its's a bad gimmick, they've got too many titles for their roster size, and if Aries losing the world title was done in part so that he could lose cleanly to Silas Young in his ROH angle, then having him keep this other belt doesn't really make sense. That being said, his "belt collector" gimmick is definitely the sort of character who it makes sense would want to keep the belt around.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation