All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

GFW Impact Wrestling 8.3: Caras Dynasty vs LAX

Post by cero2k » Aug 3rd, '17, 22:20

GFW Impact Wrestling
August 3rd, 2017
Orlando, FL

LAX is introducing a new member tonight (Option B in case Patron didn't work I guess?), tonight LAX is going against Patron/HIjo de Cien Caras/Cien Caras himself, this match is booked as a 'Civil War'. Moose vs ECIII for the title tonight too.

Desmond Xavier/DRAGO vignette - Great stuf

Super X Cup Semifinal Match
Desmond Xavier vs DRAGO - 8/10
They had a flippy match as you would imagine. This was a better showcase of DRAGO than his previous match, he was in the offense for most of the match, but only because most of the match was tons and tons of counters, but DRAGO would indeed every now and then land something. Towards the second half of the match, Xavier started to gain more momentum. The match had some great nearfalls towards the end, including Xavier kicking out of his version of the Essex Destroyer. Finish would see Desmond Xavier defeat DRAGO with the Final Flash (Spiral Tap). Awesome opener. Xavier goes against the winner of ACH vs Ishimori.

Post-match - JB interviewed Xavier, it was short, it was typical, but good stuff.

ECIII Interview - McKenzie as always awesome. ECIII was good as usual too, he says that he is gonna defeat Moose in the first round so Prichard doesn't meddle with the decision.

Matt Sydal vs Lashley Vignette - Great! Lashley put Sydal over in the sense that he thinks this combination is gonna be a match of the year combination, and given both men's last year, I can see it. Also, kuddos to Impact that made a full build up video out of two 30 second interactions.

Caras Dynasty Interview - Patron (JB and Josh had mentioned it too) are hinting that Hijo de Dos Caras is Konnan's new dude. Patron and his little brother are fighting so much and Patron is being such a dick that I would totally betray him. Karen and Prichard came to fix things, after the whole thing was done Prichard told Karen he needed to talk to her in private, now.

Trevor Lee vs Mumbai Cat #1 - Dud
I sweat Josh had names for the cats last time when the other (I assume) cat had a single's match. The Mumbai Cat did the whole twin magic spot, runs wild on Trevor Lee and pins him after a plancha. As you can imagine, the Cat unmasks and reveals to be Sonjay Dutt. It took me longer to write this paragraph than what the match lasted.

Post-match - Dutt says that to beat the champ, you gotta beat the champ, and to prove it, he wants Dutt vs Lee for the title, at Destination X, in a Ladder Match! Prichard books it. Dutt is still kicked out of the Impact Zone (he was banned since last week).

Lashley and his school Vignette - Awesome stuff, King Mo straight up said that wrestling is harder than MMA. I liked this type of vignette, I just wish they would do them for more people other than Lashley.

Desmond Xavier Interview - This was backstage, longer, and a lot better. He's a really good talker.

Eli Drake w/Chris Adonis vs Eddie Edwards - Never started.
Commentary has been pushing for like two weeks now that 'people believe this man [Drake] is destined to be a world champion", so I don't know if they're starting to push the idea.

As Eddie is supposed to make his entrance, we get footage from the back with a crazy Kongo Kong destroying Eddie Edwards. After commercial we also see Kong destroy Dick Justice. Not even Van Ness can control him now.

GFW Impact Grand Championship Match
Ethan Carter III vs Moose (C) - 7.5/10
First round saw Moose dominate the first half, then ECIII gained control the second half after ramming Moose to the stairs over and over, I'd give it to ECIII for intensity since dominance was equal, judges agreed with a 29-28.

Round two was the complete opposite. ECIII stared with the momentum of round one, and then Moose made a comeback. Round ended as Moose was about to hit his Rainmaker Discus Forearm thing. As the judges talked to the ref, they made a lot of emphasis on Tyrus (Prichard's bodyguard) disagreeing with someone's decision. Moose took the round.

Final round was back and forward, Moose kicked out of a One Percenter, Moose hit a chokeslam at the end but couldn't make the pin. Judges decision was a split decision, D'Amore and Mantell called it 10-10, Prichard had 10-8 in favor of the NEW champion ECIII. Not only did Prichard go for ECIII, but it's obvious that the 10-8 is to sell that the decision was bullshit. Good match overall.

OI4K Vignette - They're coming.

Bruce Prichard Interview - They asked him about everything, he spill bs all over. Total heel.

Dutch Mantell Interview - Pretty much the same thing Prichard say "I don't know what match the other saw". Mantell did bring up that the still didn't know why Prichard missed Slammiversary.

KM, Mario Bokara, & Fallah Bahh vs Suicide, Braxton Sutter w/Allie, & GRADO - 3/10
Bahh and Bokara both wearing gold tonight, I really wish they would push them as a more serious team. I was gonna rate this Crap/10, but Fallah Bahh is awesome and I couldn't use it. There wasn't anything wrong with this, but there was no reason for this to happen. If GRADO is gonna fight, he needs to fight Kongo Kong, not a compilation of comedy wrestlers.

Post-match - GRADO asks Van Ness to come out, he really really needs that answer. Van Ness comes out with Joseph Park. Once again before she could answer, Kongo Kong came out, Van Ness finally got him to stop before he killed GRADO. Braxton Sutter didn't help GRADO. Van Ness also didn't answer again.

LAX Interview - Konnan called McKenzie 'Random White Girl #4". Konnan cut a promo on Patron, awesome promo that made total sense. He questioned Patron's word since he didn't keep it two weeks ago.

Braxton Sutter/Allie Interview - He is asked about helping GRADO. Sutter says that GRADO is a grown man and he can take care of himself, as he is talking Allie tries to disagree but Sutter completely talks over her. Too soon to break them up, this one I do have to say that Impact seems to be fucking up.

ECIII segment - He comes out to brag about winning the Grand Championship. He was great and I believe he is gonna go have sex with his new championship. Unnecessarily weird.

LAX w/Konnan and Diamante vs Alberto El Patron, Hijo de Cien Caras, and Cien Caras - 7/10
Cien Caras and Homicide started the match, a lot of old school wrestling, Cien Caras pulled off a nice looking casita on Homicide. LAX got the heat on Hijo de Cien Caras for a while, Patron made the hot tag by himself, his father is more of a manager out there.

At one point Hijo de Cien Caras came in with a chair in the ring and they played a little bit with the idea that he was Konnan's guy, but he hits Homicide; Patron locks in Santana in the armbar, and suddenly out of nowhere Low Ki just drops a foot stomp! Low Ki has joined LAX! Santana covers Patron for the win, Low Ki grabs Patron's titles and mocks him. Patron is bleeding from the mouth a lot, but I expect it's fake. Anyway, The Rottweilers are back together!

OVERALL THOUGHTS
Aside that one questionable match involving GRADO, this was a pretty good show. I'm enjoying the current feuds for the most part and the action tonight was good.

Destination X build is also looking good. So far we have Lashley vs Sydal in some kind of No 1 Contender's match. Dutt vs Lee Ladder match for the X-Division title. The Finals of the Super X Cup with at least Dezmond Xavier. And given tonight's reveal that Low Ki is part of LAX, don't be surprised if they build Patron vs Ki for the title at Destination X, we all know Patron could use some stiffing here on Impact.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: GFW Impact Wrestling 8.3: Caras Dynasty vs LAX

Post by cero2k » Aug 3rd, '17, 22:21

Post show Low Ki cut a great promo on Patron

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 5th, '17, 08:01

Low Ki isn't Hispanic though lol.

So he's like Owen Hart?
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 5th, '17, 08:26

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 5th, '17, 08:01 Low Ki isn't Hispanic though lol.

So he's like Owen Hart?
it's not about Hispanics, it's about Latin Americans, so since he is Italian and the Latin language existed in Italy since 1000bc, he may as well classify for the team. Or we can completely ignore those little details and realize he speaks better spanish than probably half of LAX

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 5th, '17, 22:13

It's not the Rottweillers without Julius Smokes.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 5th, '17, 22:17

cero2k wrote: Aug 3rd, '17, 22:21 Post show Low Ki cut a great promo on Patron

Ki by himself almost makes this show worth watching. He should be the world champion.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3