Impact Wrestling 4.6 Review: Edwards vs Richards, Last Man Standing

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Impact Wrestling 4.6 Review: Edwards vs Richards, Last Man Standing

Post by cero2k » Apr 9th, '17, 12:40

Impact Wrestling
April 6, 2017

Show starts straight to ring bell with...

Eli Drake w/Tyrus vs Caleb Konley - 6.5/10
Hey! Caleb not doing X-division! This match got really little time, but it was pretty awesome. Great showing for Caleb taking on someone credible like Drake and giving him a good fight.

Commentary during the match was great, but then they started bickering and it got annoying, but at least it wasn't distracting the fight. This fighting brought out...

Something to Wrestling w/Bruce Prichard - Bruce calls out both Borash and Josh to the ring. Bruce says that everyone is tired of their shit and to finally see who the best is, they'll each build teams and next week, the teams will fight. No mention that Josh actually suggested this last week. Picks can be anyone who has ever fought in Impact.

KO's Gauntlet No 1 Contendership Match
Ava Storie <3 vs Madison Rayne vs Rebel vs Amanda Rodriguez vs MJ Jenkins vs Diamante vs ODB vs Brandi Rhodes - 4/10
Ava Storie is the former KC Quinn. That Jenkins girl, doing springboards and all, she may have some potential here, but I gotta see her in a one-on-one match. Diamante when she came in took everyone out, LAX is really getting a strong push. MJ Jenkins was in the final four with Rayne, Rhodes, and ODB, so we may be seeing more of her in the future. Rayne eliminated Rhodes. Last two didn't do much, ODB won. The match was the usual KO's clusterfuck, but it wasn't the cringe that it usually is, Diamante and Jenkins looked great.

"The Cowboy" James Storm Promo - Storm is fully back to beer drinking redneck gimmick. Still a great promo, I can totally see how people can relate to him. Suddenly he is interrupted by The DCC. Kingston cuts an amazing promo on how Storm lied to him and Bram. Kingston and Storm had a great exchange of trash talking, especially coming from Kingston. All ends with Kingston spitting on Storm's face, Storm super kicking both of them. Storm looks great coming in to his No 1 Contendership match.

I'm really glad Kingston got a chance to cut a promo, he was great and should get the mic more often.

Andrew Everett Interview - Everett says that he's got Lee's number in a fair fight. Helms and Lee come out and Helms says that if Everett can win tonight's 3-way match, he'll be closer to getting his shot, but as the story goes, if Everett loses, he's never challenging for the title again. Everett has already defeated DJZ, and now he faces...

Andrew Everett vs Marshe Rocket vs Suicide - 6.5/10
In the overall story of Everett having to run a gauntlet to finally reach Lee, I like the combination here since he has to fight a huge guy and a former X-Division champ. Match was considerably slower than usual X-division matches, but it was also a whole lot longer and more 3-way action. Not to be one to judge, but Everett is looking fatty lately.

Davey Richards/Angelina Love Interview - The cameraman was recording Love and Richards making out, which came off as really really stalkie. Ok words to Edwards, nothing special.

Last Man Standing Match
"The Lone Wolf" Davey Richards w/Angelina Love vs Eddie Edwards - 8/10
Edwards runs down and attack Richards during his entrance, Josh mentions that's cheating, but considering how pissed off Edwards is supposed to be, I can totally understand it. Match started with a small brawl around the bleachers, once they transitioned to the ring, it kinda just became a chairs match, there were about 7 chairs in the ring and they all got used. They beat the shit out of each other and they didn't go for the count until later in the match, which I liked, I hate it when a heated feud goes for pins early in the match, but in this case, both Eddie and Davey stopped the ref from counting. Angelina Love brought a chain to the match. Eddie's wife was ringside chanting for Eddie and exchanging words with Love and Davey, eventually she did get involved when Love attacked Davey, Alisha and Love brawled until Love took out Alisha on the barricade.

Match never really got super violent, but there were tons of crazy looking spots that did give it some intensity to the match, at one point Eddie hit a foot stomp from the top rope on Richards who had his head on a chair. At the end of the match, Davey wraps the chain around his foot, he is going to deliver the final blow on Eddie, but has second thoughts, but Love kisses Davey and says 'Do it for me" and Davey kills Eddie. Eddie can't answer the count. It seems there's more to this story than what we've seen.

Veterans of War Vignette - Awesome vignette, one of them is Gunner, not sure on the other, hope it's not Melendez.

LAX IN DA CLUB - There's a ring in this club, actual question, anyone know what show was this? Hoodslam? Anyway, they're celebrating the tag title win. Santana and Ortiz got a chance to talk, they have a good voice. LAX is really coming off as stars.

James Storm Updates his Song - Some backstage footage of Storm working with the producers updating his song. Was kinda cool to see the wrestle involved in his music production, but kinda irrelevant. It does help put him over more and more as a babyface.

ODB Interview - meh, she just says she's coming for Rosemary.

Alberto El Patron vs John Bolan?? - Squash
Alberto viciously squashes the illegitimate son of Perry Saturn and Road Warrior Animal. Match lasted 1 minute. Good squash, wrestling needs more of this.

Post-Match - He calls out Bobby Lashley, nothing happens.

Allie and Braxton Sutter Interview - Sienna and KM immediately interrupts them, Karen Jarrett and her boobs breaks the fight apart and books an inter-gender match for next week.

Kongo Kong Vignette - Now it's pretty obvious it's Sienna bringing Kongo in for the kill.

Josh and Borash reveal their teams - Throughout all the show, Josh really did have the better arguments against Borash, also, there was constant reference on both of them making calls and getting guys to join them. Bruce Prichard is moderating. Josh first picks Lashley, Borash picks Alberto El Patron. Josh's second pick is Bram, Borash picks Chris Adonis FKA Masters. Glad he's back on TV, but wasn't Lashley the first to break the Masterlock? Josh's 3rd pick is E-LI-DRAKE (w/Tyrus), Bruce actually tried to get rid of Tyrus, but Josh reveals Tyrus is #4 and they start taking out Borash's team out. Suddenly, a huge return Matt Morgan is Borash's 3rd member and makes the save! Morgan and Lashley have a big face off and the show goes off as the final pick is making his way to the ring, this wasn't a production or timing problem, it was the cliffhanger. You had to follow the action via Youtube "Live".

The 4th pick in Borash's team is freaking Magnus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNfWgEuQHSk

So it's Lashley/Bram/Drake/Tyrus vs Patron/Adonis/Morgan/Magnus next week! Fuck yeah!

At first I felt it was gonna be weird for some wrestlers to join this fight, but Josh actually managed to pick guys he has always rotted for, so all the ass kissing worked to excuse the team. Josh was awesomely annoying for this segment if that makes sense.

OVERALL THOUGHTS
I really liked this show, they've been getting easier to watch lately for me. We had an overall story throughout the show that paid off at the end, we got some development in some stories, wrestling was better than usual, and i'm hooked for next show. I'd say this passes as good show. All returns are older Impact dudes, but I do like them in the ring enough, oh and we barely saw Karen Jarrett today, so no complain there.