Impact Wrestling 3.30 Review: New Tag Team Champions Crowned

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Impact Wrestling 3.30 Review: New Tag Team Champions Crowned

Post by cero2k » Mar 31st, '17, 12:04

Impact Wrestling
March 30, 2017

Josh/Borash Debate - We seem to be having a debate backstage between Josh, Borash, Mantell, and Prichard. They seem to have some ideas going forward for Eddie vs Davey, they're addressing the ECIII situation. Karen Angle comes in asking someone to Sienna and have her meet her in the ring. This was actually kinda good.

Karen Jarrett calls out Sienna - Karen is all dramatic and shit, she says that Sienna is being a bully and she don't like that. Sienna comes out, gets in Karen's face. Karen tries to go all Stephanie McMahon on her, Sienna actually shuts her down pretty good with the 'who you married' argument. Karen really came out as the bully here and Sienna the babyface fighting authority.

Suddenly some dude came out, all dressed up and shit. His name is KM, and he's Sienna's cousin. I don't know why Karen Jarrett is scared of him. Who is this guy that can just talk to Karen Jarrett like this? What the fuck happened between these people? Anyway, Sienna and KM are threatening Karen until Sutter and Allie come out for the save. Karen books KM vs Braxton Sutter for tonight. KM is Kevin Matthews from the indies, can't say I'm familiar with him.

Make Impact Great Again 'X-Division' Vignette - Great!

DJZ vs Andrew Everett - 6.5/10
I can't believe I miss the old Zema Ion, this new robot DJ is stupid as fuck. This was a good display of athleticism, it was babyface vs babyface, so the match never got heated, just a bunch of flips and stuff.

Post-Match - Helm's Dynasty come out and make fun of Everett on the mic, but he offers Everett an opportunity next week. Wasn't specific if it was a title shot or No 1 contender's match.

They moved Kongo Kong's debut one week.

ODB Backstage Interview - This is from last week, she asked for Eric Young until Earl Hebner came out and asked her on a date.

Rosemary In-ring segment - Rosemary lists all the KOs she has put down, no one is left for her, which obvily is the prompt for a return. ODB comes out. ODB refered to herself as the 4-time "Knocked Up" Champ, i liked that. She says that she is coming for her. Rosemary blows her off and as she is leaving, all the knockouts come out and push her back to ODB's hands. Everyone including a bunch of new chicks came out.

Madison took the title (total heel) and she says SHE deserves the title. Brandi says the same thing. Diamante says she's just here to fight. Brawl starts, 5 seconds of bad wrestling happened. Overall good stuff from Rosemary and ODB, but the rest was highly unnecessary, I can't imagine they're building to a multi-woman title match.

Make Impact Great Again w/ECIII - Great stuff from ECIII. The whole "I already made Impact Great Once" is good.

ECIII In-ring promo - ECIII apologizes for the Karen Jarrett stuff from last week. He says that he need to become the ECIII of old, the HOF Killer, the un-pinned, un-submitted man that he used to be. James Storm (back to babyface cowboy talk), listed all the things that he has done for Impact while ECIII was still in school. James Storm says that just as ECIII, he wants the World Title back. ECIII suggest that Storm vs ECIII should be for a No 1 contender's spot. This was two babyfaces agreeing on a No 1 Contendership match. Good segment to set up this match and get Storm back on the main event scene.

During ECIII's entrance, Josh introduced the idea of Team Josh vs Team Borash for the table position. Borash didn't agree to it, but the idea is now there.

Laredo Kid/Garza Jr Vignette - Showed stuff from Mexico, they say that they're known in Mexico and Japan and tonight, once they win the titles, everyone will know Laredo Kid and Garza Jr.

Reno Scum Promo - Good promo, good footage. They say that tonight, they're taking those titles.

Impact Grand Championship Match
Cody w/Brandi Rhodes vs Moose (C) - 5.5/10
First round was mostly all Moose, big thing that happened is that Moose dodged a superkick that went to a judge, first time that a judge has been taken out. Prichard took the judge's position. Moose was given the first round. Josh is saying that this match should be thrown out, I agree, with one less judge, this should be thrown out. Second round was more Cody until they went outside the ring and Moose got the advantage, Moose was about to hit Cody with a chair but Brandi got in between, Cody locked in the F4LL, but Moose lasted until the end of the round, which went to Cody.

Between rounds 2 and 3 for some reason Brandi got pissed at both Moose and Cody, and took off. Third round they tried to play it like really intense with tons of moves and the Frye/Takayama spot, but Moose is totally out of gas, so the fighting was anything but intense. They landed blows until the end of the match. Moose retains via slit decision. Match was bad, not sure if bad chemistry or Moose just didn't last long.

American Wolves Break-up Video - Awesome!

Make Impact Great Again w/E-LI-DRAKE - Great! He's a great talker.

Karen Jarrett brought some papers to Borash, there will be a Gauntlet Match to decide a new KO's title No 1 Contender.

KM w/Sienna vs Braxton Sutter w/Allie - 6/10
KM has the most anti-gimmick attire. Sutter was super over with the crowd. Braxton Sutter is 6 ft tall and this KM dude towers over him. KM was actually a lot better than what I expected, he takes the win after a Proyect Ciampa. After the match Sienna/KM started brawling with Allie/Braxton respectively. Laurel Van Ness came out screaming. They really need to do something with Van Ness, it's getting boring for her to just walk around

LAX Clubhouse Promo - They're promoting 5150 beer and tequila. They're talking about all the illegal stuff they do.

Kongo Kong Vignette - It seems that the woman bringing Kongo is Sienna and he'll be unleashed on Allie/Sutter. To take BRM's idea, I which we knew that Papa Van Ness was behind all these guys.

Impact Wrestling World Championship Fatal 4 Way Match
Laredo Kid and Garza Jr vs Decay w/Rosemary vs Reno Scum vs LAX w/Konnan, Homicide, and Diamante - 6.5/10
LAX made their entrance through a different door and not the ramp. There were some good combinations here, LAX vs Garza/Laredo did good stuff, Reno Scum vs Decay were also a good match up. Laredo Kid was the babyface in peril vs all the other three teams. LAX got the hot tag and took out everyone one by one, taking out Laredo Kid last for the win. They had Diamante and Rosemary fight a bit too, potentially building towards something later on. Good match, but short and super crowded.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Good show from Impact, went quick this week. There were a lot of those little 1 minute interview/cuts, but once you weed them out as commercials, the show goes fast. Wrestling was ok, good at most. Storylines we did see some development and direction for some people. I'm not liking Karen Jarrett being used as a babyface, she just comes off as a heel naturally, so hopefully that changes soon.