Impact Wrestling 3.16 Review: Si vs III

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Impact Wrestling 3.16 Review: Si vs III

Post by cero2k » Mar 20th, '17, 15:57

Big Red Machine wrote:Which is stupid, too. "HEY EVERYONE! THIS IS A N ACTOR PLAYING A CHARACTER AND IT'S NOT REAL ALL AT ALL!" How the hell is that supposed to get Suicide over?
The use of the character created absolutely zero interest in the TNA video game, had no chance of getting over, was done at the expense of guys who would have gotten over as themselves, and was presented in such a way that many fans thought they were being told that a video game character had come to life. Nothing about it was a good idea.

that is a lot more credible than many other things that we have to see in wrestling, i just saw a luchador, i have no idea what you guys were seeing. This i see like the ninja turtles luchadors, i know they're not actual ninja turtles because you would have to be way out there to believe they exist in the first place, and I know it's not the same turtles from the cartoons/games/comics, even movies, because, again, you'd have to be way out there to believe that.

if you really think the effort was made to sell suicide as a 'video game come to life", then maybe, that's definitely how I would sell it to kids.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 20th, '17, 19:29

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:Which is stupid, too. "HEY EVERYONE! THIS IS A N ACTOR PLAYING A CHARACTER AND IT'S NOT REAL ALL AT ALL!" How the hell is that supposed to get Suicide over?
The use of the character created absolutely zero interest in the TNA video game, had no chance of getting over, was done at the expense of guys who would have gotten over as themselves, and was presented in such a way that many fans thought they were being told that a video game character had come to life. Nothing about it was a good idea.

that is a lot more credible than many other things that we have to see in wrestling, i just saw a luchador, i have no idea what you guys were seeing. This i see like the ninja turtles luchadors, i know they're not actual ninja turtles because you would have to be way out there to believe they exist in the first place, and I know it's not the same turtles from the cartoons/games/comics, even movies, because, again, you'd have to be way out there to believe that.

if you really think the effort was made to sell suicide as a 'video game come to life", then maybe, that's definitely how I would sell it to kids.

The Ninja Turtle Luchadors are comedy. This was not pushed as comedy. I saw Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels forced into an idiotic, garish bodysuit that was so clearly nothing but attempt to push a video game by telling me that this was a character from the game come to life.
Who the hell needs "a character from the game come to life" in a wrestling game? That's what ALL of the wrestlers are.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 20th, '17, 21:07

Big Red Machine wrote:The Ninja Turtle Luchadors are comedy. This was not pushed as comedy. I saw Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels forced into an idiotic, garish bodysuit that was so clearly nothing but attempt to push a video game by telling me that this was a character from the game come to life.
Who the hell needs "a character from the game come to life" in a wrestling game? That's what ALL of the wrestlers are.

dude, the ninja turtles are in blood feuds. and so were the power rangers, the clowns, the police officers. it's all just a mask and an attire.

aside from TJP, it was always guys that weren't doing anything relevant and that seriously needed time off for their usual characters so they could make a comeback and try to get some momentum going. i'm not saying that the suicide character was super important or needed to take TNA to the next level, but it's not like he was the devil and the downfall of the x-division or anything.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 20th, '17, 21:21

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:The Ninja Turtle Luchadors are comedy. This was not pushed as comedy. I saw Frankie Kazarian and Christopher Daniels forced into an idiotic, garish bodysuit that was so clearly nothing but attempt to push a video game by telling me that this was a character from the game come to life.

dude, the ninja turtles are in blood feuds. and so were the power rangers, the clowns, the police officers. it's all just a mask and an attire.

Fair enough
cero2k wrote:aside from TJP, it was always guys that weren't doing anything relevant and that seriously needed time off for their usual characters so they could make a comeback and try to get some momentum going. i'm not saying that the suicide character was super important or needed to take TNA to the next level, but it's not like he was the devil and the downfall of the x-division or anything.

I totally disagree about either Daniels or Kaz needing time off, and even if they did you're whole "comeback with momentum" theory falls apart because no attempt was ever made to use the Suicide character to do that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 20th, '17, 21:40

Big Red Machine wrote:I totally disagree about either Daniels or Kaz needing time off, and even if they did you're whole "comeback with momentum" theory falls apart because no attempt was ever made to use the Suicide character to do that.

it wasn't it's main purpose, but it helped that way, same as curry man. I still believe that most of the time that Daniels/Kaz/Homicide and whoever else took the mask, was at a time where they were likely irrelevant

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 20th, '17, 21:49

Not to mention I'm pretty sure, that even when they had the chance to expose who it was live on screen, -The MCMG(EC where are you now?) were doing a storyline where they were getting closer and closer to finding out...They were accusing Daniels actually...It all ended up going to nowhere.

Somehow, Suicide would do his Zipline thing, make the save, then, when he soooo close to being unmasked... Daniels makes the save.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 21st, '17, 08:38

KILLdozer wrote:Not to mention I'm pretty sure, that even when they had the chance to expose who it was live on screen, -The MCMG(EC where are you now?) were doing a storyline where they were getting closer and closer to finding out...They were accusing Daniels actually...It all ended up going to nowhere.

Somehow, Suicide would do his Zipline thing, make the save, then, when he soooo close to being unmasked... Daniels makes the save.

that was an awesome story

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 21st, '17, 14:54

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:I totally disagree about either Daniels or Kaz needing time off, and even if they did you're whole "comeback with momentum" theory falls apart because no attempt was ever made to use the Suicide character to do that.

it wasn't it's main purpose, but it helped that way, same as curry man. I still believe that most of the time that Daniels/Kaz/Homicide and whoever else took the mask, was at a time where they were likely irrelevant

But when you have guys that talented (and, in Daniels' case, guys who were that over) the way you make them more relevant is by pushing them to make them relevant again, not by hiding them in a stupid costume and wasting their talents for months (or years) on end (and those are my feelings about Curry Man as well).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 21st, '17, 16:06

Big Red Machine wrote:But when you have guys that talented (and, in Daniels' case, guys who were that over) the way you make them more relevant is by pushing them to make them relevant again, not by hiding them in a stupid costume and wasting their talents for months (or years) on end (and those are my feelings about Curry Man as well).

I've never had a problem with letting some people/gimmicks cool down if they're not doing shit. Kaz (original Suicide) was definitely not doing anything when Suicide debuted, neither was Daniels (replacement), both guys had definitely taken a step down to Styles and Joe that had been in the main event scene and Daniels was back doing X-Division. Now that i think about it, it really seems like Kaz was the only one that wasn't seen that much because he masked then got injured, but Daniels was kept somewhat relevant thanks to the suicide storylines (the MCMG story Dozer described)

and just so that your blow a gasket, the new Suicide is Caleb Konley.