Big TNA SPOLIERS

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

Big TNA SPOLIERS

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '17, 21:46

By Dave Meltzer | @davemeltzerWON | Mar 2, 2017 6:55 pm

Alberto El Patron may have captured the Impact Wrestling championship from Bobby Lashley at the tapings tonight in Orlando on the first day of the new regime.

They did a finish where there were two referee bumps, as well as a belt shot by El Patron, and then both referees thought one guy had won. Earl Hebner and Bruce Prichard came out and El Patron left with the title. It wasn't clear if it was a title change or not.

There were a number of changes at the tapings, including the televised dumping of the TNA name.

Thus far there was a return of ODB, the announcer feud with Josh Mathews and Jeremy Borash, plus newcomers Laredo Kid, Garza Jr., Rachael Ellering, and Reno Scum. They also announced the next PPV will be Slammiversary on July 2nd.

Bruce Prichard came out and said how the new owners know how to make wrestling great and brought out Lashley as the centerpiece of the promotion. He said that there was nobody on the roster who could beat Lashley when Alberto came out dressed up. This set up a match later in the show.

Prichard and Dutch Mantell were both in the role of former executives who buried the previous regime. Mantell said that TNA was great eight years ago, with the idea of "Let's make Impact Wrestling great again" theme we wrote and talked about.

He talked about how the former leadership was the reason Sting, A.J. Styles, Samoa Joe, Kurt Angle, Bobby Roode, Christian, and Kevin Nash left and said his boss are the fans, Impact Wrestling is about the fans, and did "We the people, will make Impact great again."
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: Big TNA SPOLIERS

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 2nd, '17, 21:48

1. All they could come up with was "make Impact great again?"
2. I love how they're saying it's a "new regime" and yet we still can't get a clean finish.
3. ODB? Again? Really?
4. Reno Scum? Really?
5. Why is Rachael Ellering throwing her career away?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 3rd, '17, 09:34

Big Red Machine wrote:1. All they could come up with was "make Impact great again?"
2. I love how they're saying it's a "new regime" and yet we still can't get a clean finish.
3. ODB? Again? Really?
4. Reno Scum? Really?

this is why we can't have nice things, they barely mentioned that Ellering joined impact and you're already saying she's throwing her career away, not the booking, not the management, this is the reason whyTNA Impact will never make it

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 3rd, '17, 09:45

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:1. All they could come up with was "make Impact great again?"
3. ODB? Again? Really?
4. Reno Scum? Really?

this is why we can't have nice things, they barely mentioned that Ellering joined impact and you're already saying she's throwing her career away, not the booking, not the management, this is the reason whyTNA Impact will never make it

I will admit that the Ellering thing was more of a joke, but I'm amazed that she didn't go to WWE. She's got a good last name and she's one of Lance Storm's favorite students. Why would she go to broke-ass, no exposure TNA instead of WWE?

As for the rest of it: Reno Scum suck so why would you fly them in from out west? ODB is so played out by now that her very presence in a frustration, and the main issue, the sh*t finishes, has still not been fixed. It comes across as yet another in a long line of "new beginnings" in TNA that are never any such thing.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 3rd, '17, 14:41

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
3. ODB? Again? Really?
4. Reno Scum? Really?

I will admit that the Ellering thing was more of a joke, but I'm amazed that she didn't go to WWE. She's got a good last name and she's one of Lance Storm's favorite students. Why would she go to broke-ass, no exposure TNA instead of WWE?

As for the rest of it: Reno Scum suck so why would you fly them in from out west? ODB is so played out by now that her very presence in a frustration, and the main issue, the sh*t finishes, has still not been fixed. It comes across as yet another in a long line of "new beginnings" in TNA that are never any such thing.

if she didn't go to WWE is likely because WWE didn't want her to begin with, even with her dad there. So what else is there for her? SHIMMER and SHINE? ROH' lackluster women's division? TNA is seriously the second best place to be if you're a female wrestler, she'll be on TV all over the world, and we can hope that with Mantel leading the creative team and D'Amore back, maybe the KOs division of 10 yrs ago could revive itself.

I don't like ODB anymore than you do, but it's not even like she'll be the worst wrestler there and casual fans seem to love her, and let's see what they do with her, for all we know she's just there to make Rosemary look great. Same with Reno Scum, that division needs bodies and there aren't many legit unsigned teams left out there, not with good names and that can be cheap, I don't know if they're still residing on the west coast

Shit finishes are never going to change, neither here, or WWE, or ROH or anywhere. When you have top guys and you're paying them tons of money, you're gonna have to keep them happy. it's not a TNA thing

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Mar 3rd, '17, 15:56

Mike "Jawls Of Life" Johnson reporting for Pro Wrestling Insider
http://pwinsider.com/article/108111/lot ... s.html?p=1

"Impact Wrestling returns for another round of Impact Wrestling tapings tonight. If anyone is attending, we are seeking spoiler reports.

We are told the deal to bring Alberto el Patron in was finalized on Wednesday, the day before he flew in and won the TNA title. The storyline with Alberto is pretty much what was originally planned for Drew Galloway before he opted not to stay with the company, so in an alternative universe somewhere, Galloway won the title last night. They will follow up on the controversy regarding the end of the match on tonight's taping.

Ed Nordholm held a meeting with talent before the taping last night to officially inform them they were back on TV as of next month in the UK with Spike. The meeting was said to have a positive feel overall.

In regard to creative decisions, they are Jeff Jarrett and Dutch Mantel's domain. While John Gaburick in the past was always open to suggestion, there was more of a feeling that Jarrett and Mantel are taking a hardline, old school stance in that the creative direction and plans laid out are a certain vision and they need to go according to that vision. There was no wiggle room for changing ideas. Given that they are trying to lay out the new direction, that's to be expected.

While he is in Orlando, Konnan was not backstage at last night's taping. He is expected to be there tonight and appearing on camera.

I mentioned the idea of LAX returning in some form on the site earlier this week. Homicide is expected back this week. Hernandez, however, is not slated to return.

Bruce Prichard will be involved with Bobby Lashley going forward but will also have additional on-air roles. There has been talk of adding someone in a Lashley mouthpiece role dating back a few weeks and we are told others were considered and even approached before Prichard was brought in. They are going to heavily plug his "Something To Wrestling With" podcast with Conrad Thompson as part of the deal.

Dale Oliver, who has produced theme songs in the past for the company, is back here and the company will be using his material going forward, leading to some music changes last night.

Bob Ryder was backstage timing out the shows last night, a position he did for many years with the company. Matt Conway had been responsible for that most recently.

Kevin Matthews, Fallah Bah and Mario Bokara were all backstage last night waiting to debut.

Reno Scum wore the GFW Tag Team belts to the ring last night, so those titles are going to be recognized with the idea that it's a different company, sort of like the old days of World Class and Wild West Wrestling in Texas in the '80s. I really need to stop pointing out how old I am."

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 3rd, '17, 16:04

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:this is why we can't have nice things, they barely mentioned that Ellering joined impact and you're already saying she's throwing her career away, not the booking, not the management, this is the reason whyTNA Impact will never make it

if she didn't go to WWE is likely because WWE didn't want her to begin with, even with her dad there. So what else is there for her? SHIMMER and SHINE? ROH' lackluster women's division? TNA is seriously the second best place to be if you're a female wrestler, she'll be on TV all over the world, and we can hope that with Mantel leading the creative team and D'Amore back, maybe the KOs division of 10 yrs ago could revive itself.
If ROH now comes with Stardom plus some CMLL dates attached, that could be something, but I guess you're right.

I don't like ODB anymore than you do, but it's not even like she'll be the worst wrestler there and casual fans seem to love her, and let's see what they do with her, for all we know she's just there to make Rosemary look great. Same with Reno Scum, that division needs bodies and there aren't many legit unsigned teams left out there, not with good names and that can be cheap, I don't know if they're still residing on the west coast
Causal fans "love" her in that they react to her well, but it's not like she actually draws money or viewers. they think she's amusing but, to quote James E. Cornette, "funny don't equal money" (and quite frankly I can't fathom how more people haven't ceased to find her stale bullsh*t funny by this point, either).
Shit finishes are never going to change, neither here, or WWE, or ROH or anywhere. When you have top guys and you're paying them tons of money, you're gonna have to keep them happy. it's not a TNA thing
But it is a TNA thing. TNA has spent their entire existence doing things that have cultivated this reputation that they can never deliver a clean, satisfying finish. They're the anti-Gabe. And in none of the promotions you listed do I think the problem is keeping the talent happy. In ROH the problem is this completely outdated mode of thinking that cheating = heat so they overdo it to the point where it doesn't mean anything, combined with this ridiculous 1970's mentality that heels can't win without cheating to the point where it kills the credibility of their heels. In WWE it's about being obsessed with quick ratings fixes that lead to matches between top stars when they aren't willing to beat either guy. In TNA they're even more desperate for attention than WWE so they go with this Attitude Era-style booking with gimmick matches and bullsh*t finishes galore except that they don't realize that the industry has moved past that. All it takes to change it is one good booker with good vision. All you need is Gabe or Prazak or Quack or Lance Storm or Ryan Ward or someone who understands the basics of wrestling to be given the book. Look at freakin' NXT. That's all you need.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 4th, '17, 09:01

I swear if Zeb Coulter starts saying "Get the hell out of "Insert" 's Impact wrestling!"

No...Jack Swagger will arrive and there you have it.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.