ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Drew Galloway Leaving?

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '17, 09:56

by indication of what the Hardys will be doing with ROH and other companies, there is a chance that Anthem is cool allowing their guys to do other promotions

when is his contract up?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '17, 10:05

cero2k wrote:by indication of what the Hardys will be doing with ROH and other companies, there is a chance that Anthem is cool allowing their guys to do other promotions

when is his contract up?

Don't know but I imagine it would be soon, as he was signed around this time of year. It's more the ROH/FloSlam side of things that gets interesting, although I think Gabe already has the pieces in place to write Galloway out, even if he never gets to appear again.
The thing that would be more of an issue is if Drew decides to up and leave TNA to work ROH (and New Japan) because someone like Drew who TNA has put so much focus on leaving them for ROH is a big momentum swing.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '17, 10:38

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:by indication of what the Hardys will be doing with ROH and other companies, there is a chance that Anthem is cool allowing their guys to do other promotions

when is his contract up?

Don't know but I imagine it would be soon, as he was signed around this time of year. It's more the ROH/FloSlam side of things that gets interesting, although I think Gabe already has the pieces in place to write Galloway out, even if he never gets to appear again.
The thing that would be more of an issue is if Drew decides to up and leave TNA to work ROH (and New Japan) because someone like Drew who TNA has put so much focus on leaving them for ROH is a big momentum swing.

not really sure what happens on the rest of the tapings, but if he stays with the grand championship, you really just need to make a title chance and that's all, I don't feel he's THAT involved to be honest.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '17, 10:42

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:

when is his contract up?

not really sure what happens on the rest of the tapings, but if he stays with the grand championship, you really just need to make a title chance and that's all, I don't feel he's THAT involved to be honest.

The point is that he is been a major focus of the TV since he signed. He hasn't felt involved recently because of the neck injury, but the fact that they put the belt right on him once he was healthy shows that he is someone they want to push hard. He's a big name that means something, and he'd bring a lot of buzz to ROH and his loss would be a big one for TNA (and even for WWN).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 30th, '17, 11:08

Big Red Machine wrote:The point is that he is been a major focus of the TV since he signed. He hasn't felt involved recently because of the neck injury, but the fact that they put the belt right on him once he was healthy shows that he is someone they want to push hard. He's a big name that means something, and he'd bring a lot of buzz to ROH and his loss would be a big one for TNA (and even for WWN).

yeah, agree with that, aside from House Hardy, Galloway is probably the biggest name they have.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 27th, '17, 01:50

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 27th, '17, 09:26

yeap, heard it from Meltzer yesterday, I wonder where he plans to go, surely TNA had to be the best paying gig he had