BRM Reviews the 11/10/2016 Impact

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 11/10/2016 Impact

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 10th, '16, 23:58

OPENING SEGMENT- fine.
Eddie Edwards, Eli Drake, EC III, and Mike Bennett all come out to talk about the world title. Most of the promos were good. All except for Ethan’s. That being said, I was ready for the talking to end… and right on cue, Miracle blindsided Ethan to start a brawl. Moose came out and the heels ran away from him.

MOOSE vs. MIKE BENNETT (w/Maria Kanellis Bennett)- 6.5/10

AL SNOW PROMO- they might as well have written “the Tribunal is going to turn on Al Snow” on the screen.

JEFF HARDY VISITS MATT- All of a sudden Jeff and Reby are acting completely normally. Even more comically, they are concerned that Matt isn’t acting normally anymore. Yes, really. After months of this “Broken” stuff from all three of them, they’re normal again but concerned that Matt is acting differently. He likes building a dining room. So what. Why is building a second dining room any less weird than anything else he has done over the past six months?
Jeff comes to visit him and they are both completely normal except that Matt doesn’t remember Jeff. The angle now is that Matt has amnesia. I don’t give a f*ck about any of this.

THE TRIBUNAL & AL SNOW SEGMENT- yup. They turned on him. It got boring chants. Then Mahabali Shera came out to save Al but he got beaten up. So the Tribunal will continue to feud with Shera forever, and even worse, now we’re going to have Al Snow wrestling.

JESSE GODDERZ PROMO- meh.

ABYSS vs. ETHAN CARTER III- 5/10
The rest of Decay was absent from ringside with no explanation. They’re normally at ringside for Abyss’ matches, so I expect some sort of explanation when they’re not.

ELI DRAKE VIDEO PACKAGE- good

MORE HARDYS CRAP- they sing the obsolete song to try to jog his memory. It doesn’t work. I did laugh my ass off at Matt calling Reby “Debbie” and her reaction to it.

GAIL KIM CALLS OUT JADE- she puts Jade over on the mic, saying a bunch of stuff we all knew already (Jade is a lot like Gail she’s the future of the business etc. etc.) She was about to say something big when Decay came out to interrupt her. Rosemary misted Gail and then nailed Jade with an F-5. Abyss menaced Borash while Steve restrained Jade and Rosemary choked Gail out. Then she gave Jade Van Terminator with a trashcan. This set-up felt very hokey and lame. I would have much rather had Decay run in on a match between them or something. Josh played up that we never heard what Gail’s announcement was. I just hope that the announcement doesn’t turn out to be Gail just handing Jade a title shot.

ROCKSTAR SPUD vs. TREVOR LEE vs. DJ ZEMA ION- 4.5/10
Apparently the winner of this match qualifies for something, and EC III and Bennett have already qualified for whatever it is. What the f*ck is going on?
Oh. Apparently it’s a #1 contendership tournament, which was only announced via a quick graphic on the screen. What the f*ck? Why did Josh never mention it during the other two matches or give us graphics or something? And why do these guys have to wrestle a three-way while the other guys only had to wrestle singles matches?
The match was short, but they packed a lot into it.

AIDEN O’SHEA TELLS GRADO AND ROBBIE E. THAT THEY HAVE A HANDICAP MATCH AGAINST LASHLEY- not sure why Corgan would book this, but at least it will be entertaining to see them both get slaughtered.

HANDICAP MATCH: Bobby Lashley vs. Robbie E. & Grado- 0.25/10
This is also apparently a qualifying match. Why does Lashley have to be in a handicap match when everyone else doesn’t?
This went so much longer than it should have. It should have just been “The Destroyer” doing some destroying. There was no need for these losers to get any offense.

ARON REX PROMO IN A CAR- he goes to confront Godderz in the parking lot. Then they cut to commercial as if there was supposed to be some sort of suspense in this.

JESSE GODDERZ & ARON REX BRAWL- but first, Jesse was so angry that they talked at each other. The brawl went into a production trailer but for some reason the camera wouldn’t follow them in, despite having followed wrestlers into bathrooms and people’s houses before. Rex escaped. This sucked.

MATT & JEFF VISIT THE LAKE OF REINCARNATION- how the hell was this not the first thing they tried. Matt wouldn’t go in the whole way, so Jeff just gave up and said he would go to the Impact Zone to fight the DCC on his own.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Eddie Edwards(c) vs. Eli Drake- 7.5/10

THE DCC ATTACK EDDIE EDWARDS… AND THEN UNMASK THEMSELVES-
First is Eddie Kingston. Josh Matthews apparently has no idea who he is.
OH MY G-D THE DEAD WALK! BRAM IS ALIVE! (Or so they claim. This guy looked WAY too kempt to be Bram.
The third one was James Storm, which I think everyone saw coming.
Now… I have to ask: Why even wear the masks in the first place if you were just going to take them off?

An enjoyable episode of Impact. This show was much more along the lines of what I’d like to see. There was less talking, less padding, and all clean finishes.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: BRM Reviews the 11/10/2016 Impact

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '16, 10:08

Big Red Machine wrote: JEFF HARDY VISITS MATT- All of a sudden Jeff and Reby are acting completely normally. Even more comically, they are concerned that Matt isn’t acting normally anymore. Yes, really. After months of this “Broken” stuff from all three of them, they’re normal again but concerned that Matt is acting differently. He likes building a dining room. So what. Why is building a second dining room any less weird than anything else he has done over the past six months?
Jeff comes to visit him and they are both completely normal except that Matt doesn’t remember Jeff. The angle now is that Matt has amnesia. I don’t give a f*ck about any of this.
it wasn't all that sudden, it was from the attack last week. and surely the apparent death of the best gimmick of the year is a huge atrocity!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 11th, '16, 10:15

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: JEFF HARDY VISITS MATT- All of a sudden Jeff and Reby are acting completely normally. Even more comically, they are concerned that Matt isn’t acting normally anymore. Yes, really. After months of this “Broken” stuff from all three of them, they’re normal again but concerned that Matt is acting differently. He likes building a dining room. So what. Why is building a second dining room any less weird than anything else he has done over the past six months?
it wasn't all that sudden, it was from the attack last week. and surely the apparent death of the best gimmick of the year is a huge atrocity!
The only thing that happened last week was Matt getting amnesia. Nothing happened to Jeff and Reby to make them change personalities.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '16, 10:37

Big Red Machine wrote: The only thing that happened last week was Matt getting amnesia. Nothing happened to Jeff and Reby to make them change personalities.
I never really considered Reby to act unnatural or 'broken', she was just kinda supporting her husband, sometimes you could tell she was just like going with the flow when Sr Benjamin would wonder about Matt's health.

Jeff, didn't he get hit with that water that makes him change characters during the last fight? i thought he changed into this Jeff during that fight, i could be wrong

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 11th, '16, 10:48

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: The only thing that happened last week was Matt getting amnesia. Nothing happened to Jeff and Reby to make them change personalities.
I never really considered Reby to act unnatural or 'broken', she was just kinda supporting her husband, sometimes you could tell she was just like going with the flow when Sr Benjamin would wonder about Matt's health.

Jeff, didn't he get hit with that water that makes him change characters during the last fight? i thought he changed into this Jeff during that fight, i could be wrong
It made him purple aviator Jeff Hardy, not normal Jeff Hardy.
Maybe you're right about Reby.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 11th, '16, 12:02

Big Red Machine wrote:
THE DCC ATTACK EDDIE EDWARDS… AND THEN UNMASK THEMSELVES-
First is Eddie Kingston. Josh Matthews apparently has no idea who he is.
OH MY G-D THE DEAD WALK! BRAM IS ALIVE! (Or so they claim. This guy looked WAY too kempt to be Bram.
The third one was James Storm, which I think everyone saw coming.
Now… I have to ask: Why even wear the masks in the first place if you were just going to take them off?
they probably realized those masks were really uncomfortable, should have gone to the lucha mask makers instead. I hated Josh's response to Eddie unmasking, but i take it he won't be using the Eddie Kingston name. I also always thought Eddie was a lot taller