Russo & Bischoff shocked by announcement

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Lynas
Future Endeavored

Russo & Bischoff shocked by announcement

Post by Lynas » Feb 28th, '11, 05:33

Orlando, Fla. – Today was a day twelve years in the making, when Eric Bischoff and Vince Russo were finally informed that it is no longer the year 1999. Sources within TNA are saying the realization came late this afternoon during a creative meeting with management.

During the meeting, Russo reportedly pitched an idea for Eric Young to be paranoid over the Y2K bug he thought would be happening at the end of this year. Bischoff told him it was brilliant and gave him a high five. After mild laughter between others in the room, concern grew as they realized the two weren’t joking.

“He just looked so serious,” TNA announcer Taz said. “I mean, I always heard those two asking if they’d seen any new movies like 'The Sixth Sense' and 'Star Wars Episode 1,' but I didn’t realize they actually believed it was still the '90s.”

Things became a little intense when the duo was first informed of the correct date. Neither of them would believe what they were hearing. “Here’s what you don’t understand,” Russo told the room. “My Palm Pilot says its 1999, so I says it's 1999.”

Russo then proceeded to pull out his Palm Pilot to show the room, which didn’t have any batteries in it, and upon further inspection was actually a calculator.

“Hey, c’mon now,” Bischoff said. “We got Hogan, Flair, Steiner, Angle, Jarrett and Sting as our top talent. Do you honestly think those guys would still be around hogging up TV time if this was 2011?”

Bischoff had a good laugh after saying this, and then made fun of President Clinton for awhile to the delight of no one but himself.

Things then took a turn for the worst when Bishoff asked for DDP’s and Buff Bagwell’s phone numbers, and said he had some great ideas for them. Before he could reach for his phone, he and Russo were physically held down and made to watch hours of wrestling over the past decade with their eyes held open, to prove in fact that time had passed.

The two were then a bit embarrassed by their lack of time-telling abilities and appeared humbled. They then gathered the entire TNA roster together and apologized to everyone. Russo and Bischoff vowed to move the company forward and make some real changes. After loud applause, they went back into a creative meeting, but did not emerge after four hours had passed. Management became concerned.

“I was told to go find them, as people were getting worried” Taz said. “So I opened the door, and the window was wide open. The scripts were on the table and it was just 40 pages filled with the word NWO, NWO, NWO... written over and over.”

Speculation in the locker room is that the two realized they no longer had any new ideas and escaped into the warm Orlando night. They are rumored to be looking for work and are attempting to get a job on the writing staff of the hit CBS series "Becker.”

WrestlingJoker

Re: Russo & Bischoff shocked by announcement

Post by WrestlingJoker » Feb 28th, '11, 10:48

=)) =))

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Feb 28th, '11, 11:05

I can't stop laughing.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 28th, '11, 12:04

Lynas wrote:
Russo then proceeded to pull out his Palm Pilot to show the room, which didn’t have any batteries in it, and upon further inspection was actually a calculator.
=))

NWK

Post by NWK » Mar 11th, '11, 08:07

I will have you know that this made my morning, and I snort-laughed very loudly in a public library.
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Mar 11th, '11, 18:06

Dang this was hilarious...