BRM's thoughts on the 2/24/11 Impact

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM's thoughts on the 2/24/11 Impact

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 25th, '11, 01:28

OPENING SEGMENT- GREAT! Good micwork by both guys. I’m genuinely not sure which one them will turn heel. Bischoff was great as well, and having it be Jarrett who suggested throwing Angle in was a great touch.

EY-STEINER SEGMENT- funny.

JARRETT’S SEGMENT- I didn’t think it was possible, but after a few weeks, this sh*t is EVEN MORE ANNOYING!

GUNNAR & MURPHY vs. EY & OJ- 3.75/10, but EY’s criss-cross spot had me in stitches!

ANGELINA-VELVET SEGMENT- GREAT!

DUDLEYZ SEGMENT- Awesome promo by Devon. Bubba was good, too… but did he KIDNAP Devon’s brother and smuggle him into the building just to beat him up during a promo? Wouldn’t it have been easier to beat him up in his own house (or wherever Bubba kidnapped him from and tape it to show the footage on Impact?
And way to hurry up there when an innocent man is getting his ass kicked, Tommy.

MADISON-TARA SEGMENT- okay.

BRUTUS MAGNUS vs. CRIMSON- Good Squash. Loved the pre-match promo by Magnus, too.

POSEDOWN- GREAT segment! Scott Steiner cut the best promo of his career!

VELVET-WINTER SEGMENT- good

JARRETTS BS #2- ANOTHER waste of time. Jarrett’s little joke at the end not only wasn’t funny… it also made him look like an idiot, which is exactly the image you want for the founder of your company.

AJ-FLAIR SEGMENT- Awesome! AJ looked like an angry babyface and Hernandez looked like one tough S.O.B. The thing with SoCal Val was GREAT! That is one of those little touches that makes segments just so much better. The only thing I would have changed about this segment would have been not having Morgan beat Hernandez down.

EVEN MORE JARRETTS BS!- STILL CRAPPY AND STUPID!

MADISON RAYNE vs. ODB- 4/10. A clean win for the heel- something that is seen WAY too rarely in mainstream wrestling.
I still hate ODB, but I can't deny that she is over.

JERSEY SHORE BS- Please G-d don’t let them do this. Create an electrical failure or something. An Earthquake. Anything. Just PLEASE don’t let them do this Jersey Shore crap.

RVD vs. KURT ANGLE vs. MR. ANDERSON- 6.5/10. Not good enough to be a main event. I actually did like the finish because it gave Anderson the opportunity to do something that is mostly (but not 100%) heelish.

There was almost no wrestling on this show. 4 Matches (including one squash and one that went three minutes) is nowhere near enough, but everything aside from the Jarretts BS was very enjoyable. Even Taz and & Tenay managed to not suck! Then they do this…

SPECIAL SURPRISE AT THE END- REALLY? REALLY? I want to hit someone. I actually enjoyed almost all of this episode of Impact, but STEALLING WWE’S VIDEO (GRAPHICS AND ALL) left SUCH a bad taste in my mouth.

TNA could bring Misawa back from the dead and have him face Kobashi in a five star match and still find a way to make it suck.

Stupid Announcer Quotes:
1. Taz (about Rob Terry)- “a set of dumbbell’s in his hands, and that just proves that he picks things up and puts them down again... and does it a lot.”
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Re: BRM's thoughts on the 2/24/11 Impact

Post by Lynas » Feb 25th, '11, 02:04

The problem is... this video really will be for Sting.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 25th, '11, 02:16

Lynas wrote:The problem is... this video really will be for Sting.
THat's not the problem (although that doesn't help it at all).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 25th, '11, 02:24

Big Red Machine wrote:THat's not the problem (although that doesn't help it at all).
This. They ripped off WWE with that. I have the perfect analogy for it too, PM if you wanna here it. Its spot on. They knowingly ripped off that exact type of promo while WWE was still using it.