BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic)

All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic)

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 04:04

Taz & Tenay’s crappy commenting and speculating while Immortal walked to the ring was just so… annoying. SHUT UP! You don’t have to be talking EVERY second. Tenay says every sentence in this tone that tries to make every statement sound “intriguing,” so his commentary will keep you interested. It doesn’t. It 100% fails. It comes off as if Tenay has no emotion whatsoever. He should be reacting, not speculating. And Taz… Taz just sounds like an idiot.

OPENING SEGMENT- Pretty good promos by Bischoff and Jarrett, followed by an early Promo of the Year candidate by Bobby Roode! The mini-brawl was great, Tenay’s comment excluded (“Immortal; they either all bailed or got TOSSED OUT OF THE RING!”- WE KNOW! WE CAN SEE THAT! SHUT UP!)

Tenay’s hype of Morgan vs. Anderson was completely undermined by the video package at the beginning of the show. “Who will go on to face Jeff Hardy in a Ladder Match at Against All Odds?”… Well, seeing as how we heard Anderson say “I would like to face Jeff Hardy in a Ladder Match,” I’m going to go out on a limb here and say that Matt Morgan won’t be winning the World Title tonight. Putting that comment on the video package was a HUGE failure of production and booking logic.

BISCHOFF-HERNANDEZ SEGMENT- Good stuff. Immortal needs some big names, and Hernandez certainly counts.

6 MAN TABLES MATCH: Samoa Joe, Brother Devon, & RVD vs. Matt Hardy, Pope, & Brother Ray (good, not more of this “Bully Ray” bullysh*t… never mind. Tenay keeps saying it. Maybe JB just unintentionally made the show better by screwing up.[Only in TNA can a ring announcer screwing up an entrance make the show BETTER)].
Oh joy. An un-advertised, unnecessary gimmick match that made no sense. I will be extremely surprised if this match goes more than five minutes.

Well I’ll be damned! Five minutes and TEN SECONDS. Joe and Pope just ran away FOR THE SECOND WEEK IN A ROW, and babyface Devon gets a tainted win when his kids break the law by jumping the barricade. 0.5/10, and that half is PURELY for one spot that RVD & Matt did.

JARRETTS-ANGLE SEGMENT- The stips here are MORONIC, making this segment a HUGE waste of time. Also, they all but give away the results of the match at Against All Odds. Jarrett will obviously win and will thus be in a position to humiliate Kurt on the big episode of Impact that they are spending all of their time hyping up (and we all know that Kurt will find some way to disrupt things, because that’s what babyfaces do in this situation).

We had chants of “We want Angle!” *clap!**clap!* *clap!*clap!*clap!*… but when Kurt’s music started to play, the pop was pathetically small. That was weird. IMO, this is evidence that the garden at the Impact Zone is being coached.

SARITA, ROSITA, TARA & MADISON vs. VELVET, ANGELINA, WINTER, & MICKIE JAMES- No Rating. This match did a GREAT job of getting over the two things it needed to get over: The Velvet-Winter feud and Rosita. Would I have liked to see Mickie, Winter, Madison & Tara get some time in the ring? Yes, but they did this well enough that I am fine with them just standing on the apron.
Wow. “Sarita’s cousin” is so small… it’s like she is related to Amazing Red or something!
The TBP-Winter entrance was AWESOME. GREAT character work there.
Mickie’s pop was pathetically small.

MICKIE-MADISON SEGMENT- very good.

JEFF HARDY PROMO- short and sweet.

TNA WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Mr. Anderson(c) vs. Matt Morgan- 4.25/10. YET ANOTHER ref bump. I am digging this Hernandez heel turn, though.

BROTHER RAY PROMO- This would have been a great promo if anyone cared about this angle. Bubba is doing the best with the bullsh*t he being is given. But really? The babyface has a 3-on-1 advantage in a Street Fight? At least one of the sons will turn on Devon. It is too obvious a swerve.

X-DIVISION #1 CONTENDERS MATCH QUALIFIER- Brian Kendrick vs. Suicide vs. Robbie E (w/Cookie)-3.5/10.
I thought we were done with this Suicide BS. Pretty good promo by Robbie E. An all-heel match at the PPV? Really? BOO!

INK INC. INTERVIEW- okay.

DEVON PROMO- eh.

AJ STYLES & KURT ANGLE vs. JEFF HARDY & JEFF JARRETT (w/Karen Angle)- 6.5/10. Almost good enough to be an acceptable main event. The brawl at the end stunk. If someone should take a finisher, it should be Gunnar or Murphy. Rob Terry should not be taking a Mic Check to end a post-match brawl.

Overall, this episode of Impact was atrocious. It has the worst match I have seen in a long time and a tough candidate to beat for “Worst Match of the Year,” almost no good wrestling, atrocious announcing, and general TNA stupidity.

Stupid Announcer Quotes:
1. Tenay- “The faction that turned the wrestling profession upside-down.” Really? The wrestling “profession?” So wrestlers all around the world don’t know what they are supposed to do in the ring anymore because these four guys turned babyface? Tenay constantly tries to sound smart by throwing in semi-big, formal-sounding words, and like every high school kid who does that… he just sounds like an idiot.

2. Tenay (when Fortune comes out after Jarrett called them out)- “Well the faction that turned the wrestling profession upside-down; has answered the call of Jeff Jarrett. AJ, Kazarian, & Beer Money, collectively known as Fortune- they showed that they’re not taking a back seat to anybody, especially Immortal”-
Why do you feel the need to tell us all of this. We just saw the introductory video package, including footage from last week. Then we heard Eric Bischoff insult every member of Fortune BY NAME. We don’t need you to recite the names for us, or tell us that they are “collectively known as Fortune.” And WE JUST HEARD Jeff Jarrett call them out. Then their music played and they showed up at the top of the ramp. You don’t need to tell us that they have “answered the call of Jeff Jarrett” BECAUSE WE CAN SEE THAT FOR OURSELVES! This is the hallmark of bad announcing. It is treating the fans like they are morons. We don’t need you to recite every little thing that happens. We have eyes, and we have brains.
(Quote #1 was part of #2, but it was dumb on two different levels, and the point I am trying to make are different, so I am counting it as two.)

3. Tenay- “The object, as we mentioned at the top; put your opponent through the table to be successful, to be victorious, and win this Tables Match”
- You DIDN’T mention it, so don’t pretend that you did. All you did was tell us that it was a tables match. You never told us how to win the match, which is something that it is your job as an announcer to do ASAP.
- “put your opponent through the table to ‘be successful, to be victorious, and win this Tables Match.’” Really Tenay? “to be successful, to be victorious, and win”? How about just saying “put your opponent through the table TO WIN (the match).” Stop trying to sound smart. Every time you do, you just prove that you clearly aren’t.

4. Taz- “There’s all sorts of different chemistry levels, and … biorhythms, and estrogen levels”- Do you EVER think before you speak, Taz? Even TENAY thinks before he speaks (he thinks wrong, but at least he f*cking thinks)!

5. Taz- “We heard Eric Bischoff earlier; talking to Hernandez, kind of… you know… I guess motivating him. Or manipulating him. Any way you want to put it.” “Manipulating”? “You do this for me, and I will pay you money.” There is no subtext there! Bischoff was being nothing but up-front with Hernandez. There is no “manipulation" going on at all!

Of course, not to be beaten at his own game, Tenay pipes in with:
6. Tenay- “That’s a good way to put it. You know what it is? It’s motivation through manipulation.” If anyone happens to see Mike Tenay walking down the street, PLEASE rip out his vocals cords.

7. Taz refers to Kendrick’s meditating as “yoga.” Yet again Taz proves that he is an ignorant moron. I don’t know much about yoga, but what Kendrick was doing definitely isn’t it.

8. Tenay (about Angle)- “He’s got an alignment with Fortune” ALLIANCE! Not “alignment.” Once again Tenay fails at sounding smart, and proves how dumb he really is.


Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by cero2k » Feb 11th, '11, 11:50

I really didn't like how they brought Hernandez back, i'm cool with him being a heel, especially if he's reviving his feud with a now face Morgan, but to come out and bischoff simply paying him off kinda sucks IMO. It be the most amazing thing if he were to ask were Homicide is :p

I loved Madison's promo on MJ, it felt like MJ couldn't find a comeback to that...

i missed Roode's promo, i'm gonna have to look for that one...

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 12:36

cero2k wrote:
I loved Madison's promo on MJ, it felt like MJ couldn't find a comeback to that...
That's because the proper comeback to a promo like that is to kick Madison's ass and take her title at the PPV.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
NWK
Posts: 167
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 13:49
Favorite Wrestler: Zach Gowen

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by NWK » Feb 11th, '11, 12:49

cero2k wrote:I really didn't like how they brought Hernandez back, i'm cool with him being a heel, especially if he's reviving his feud with a now face Morgan, but to come out and bischoff simply paying him off kinda sucks IMO. It be the most amazing thing if he were to ask were Homicide is :p

I loved Madison's promo on MJ, it felt like MJ couldn't find a comeback to that...

i missed Roode's promo, i'm gonna have to look for that one...
I disagree with you on Hernandez's heel turn. To me, Bischoff's arguments made perfect kayfabe sense. Hernandez, according to Bischoff, was shafted by TNA because he wasn't good enough in the eyes of Dixie Carter. Now a huge star in Mexico, Bischoff believes that the on;ly logical thing to do with his cred is roll with Immortal and be treated the way a legit superstar should.


And don't worry, I do think we'll see a Morgan/Hernandez feud, as they'll probably be top contenders for either the World or TV titles.

Now onto my (very rare) criticisms/questions about BRM's review

I agree with you on the fact that they shouldn't be giving away World Title matches on free TV, but I do think, at some point down the line, a Morgan/Anderson Pay Per View match for the titles under the same circumstances (Anderson naming Morgan as the #1 contender because of Morgan helping him out against Immortal) would've been great.

Also, I disagree with you on 6-man table match finish. Although I disagree with free gimmick matches, that isn't the point. The point is, a Table Match is No DQ, meaning, in the world of kayfabe, anything can happen. And besides, in the decade I've been watching wrestling, I've seen plenty of "Jump the guard rail" spots, and very rarely does the offender ever get arrested on camera. The way I saw it is that D-Von would vouch for them to get them out of trouble (which he did). If we had had some interaction between D-Von and the security guard, and then D-Von escorting them out of the arena, at least appearing to lecture them, that would have made the skit perfect. I didn't like the "knock out the guard" part because...well...wouldn't that solicit some sort of fine on the part of D-Von? For bringing harm to a non-wrestler.
Assuming that D-Von had done things the way I just described them (lecturing the kids on the way up the ramp etc) the D-Von promo would have been more warranted. He could've said something along the lines of, "I was pissed at my sons at first for interfering in the match, and breaking the law, but they convinced me that I'm gonna need back-up if I'm ever gonna come out of a Street Fight with a loose cannon like Ray (axing the Bully part) with my career in tact.

Anyway, that's my two cents, sorry for the long ass read.
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 16489
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by cero2k » Feb 11th, '11, 13:18

NWK wrote: I disagree with you on Hernandez's heel turn. To me, Bischoff's arguments made perfect kayfabe sense. Hernandez, according to Bischoff, was shafted by TNA because he wasn't good enough in the eyes of Dixie Carter. Now a huge star in Mexico, Bischoff believes that the on;ly logical thing to do with his cred is roll with Immortal and be treated the way a legit superstar should.
my problems is not really the reason, but the execution. they could had Hernandez simply return and attack Morgan, the big surprise return of Big Mex, and then he explains that he decided to join Immortal after talking with Bischoff about that you just mentioned.

When a wrestler returns, they should be about "oh look, he's backstage and talking to someone". they should be about interfering in matches, coming to even the odds, or returning to shut someone up.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 13:33

NWK wrote: I agree with you on the fact that they shouldn't be giving away World Title matches on free TV, but I do think, at some point down the line, a Morgan/Anderson Pay Per View match for the titles under the same circumstances (Anderson naming Morgan as the #1 contender because of Morgan helping him out against Immortal) would've been great.

My issue (in this case) isn't with them giving away World Title matches on free TV. I am all in favor of the scenario you just proposed, and think it would be a perfect World Title match for Lockdown (since Immortal won't be able to interfere). My issue here is that it's placement on the card made it seem less important, and that Anderson's comments in the opening video package pretty gave away the result.

NWK wrote: Also, I disagree with you on 6-man table match finish. Although I disagree with free gimmick matches, that isn't the point. The point is, a Table Match is No DQ, meaning, in the world of kayfabe, anything can happen. And besides, in the decade I've been watching wrestling, I've seen plenty of "Jump the guard rail" spots, and very rarely does the offender ever get arrested on camera. The way I saw it is that D-Von would vouch for them to get them out of trouble (which he did). If we had had some interaction between D-Von and the security guard, and then D-Von escorting them out of the arena, at least appearing to lecture them, that would have made the skit perfect. I didn't like the "knock out the guard" part because...well...wouldn't that solicit some sort of fine on the part of D-Von? For bringing harm to a non-wrestler.
Assuming that D-Von had done things the way I just described them (lecturing the kids on the way up the ramp etc) the D-Von promo would have been more warranted. He could've said something along the lines of, "I was pissed at my sons at first for interfering in the match, and breaking the law, but they convinced me that I'm gonna need back-up if I'm ever gonna come out of a Street Fight with a loose cannon like Ray (axing the Bully part) with my career in tact.
I see what you are saying, To me, the finish was just icing on the sh*t sandwich that was everything that was wrong with this match (free gimmick match, the gimmick makes no sense in the total feuds, a five minute long gimmick match, the Joe-Pope sh*t, etc). And maybe I just have a bad taste in my mouth about angles with family members jumping guardrails and getting involved, but if ROH can't do it well... what hope does TNA have?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
badnewzxl
Posts: 2920
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:53
Favorite Wrestler: Claudio Castagnoli
Location: the Bluegrass City

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 13:47

NWK wrote: I disagree with you on Hernandez's heel turn. To me, Bischoff's arguments made perfect kayfabe sense. Hernandez, according to Bischoff, was shafted by TNA because he wasn't good enough in the eyes of Dixie Carter. Now a huge star in Mexico, Bischoff believes that the on;ly logical thing to do with his cred is roll with Immortal and be treated the way a legit superstar should.
The Dixie thing doesn't make kayfabe sense bc Dixie is the one who had chosen Morgan and Hernendez as future stars in TNA AND put them together as a tag team right before Hogan and Bischof took over.

The reason Hernendez should be going after Morgan is bc Morgan put him out; plain and simple. Added incentive is not really needed. Bischof making it seem like it's all his idea only gives Bischof more heat (which he doesn't need) and takes away the heat Hernendez could have had. I think it would have been better if they didn't have the backstage segment and Hernendez just came out and cost Morgan the match. He didn't need to join up with Immortal right then either, they could have done that at AAO or on a future iMPACT!
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 13:49

badnewzxl wrote:
NWK wrote: I disagree with you on Hernandez's heel turn. To me, Bischoff's arguments made perfect kayfabe sense. Hernandez, according to Bischoff, was shafted by TNA because he wasn't good enough in the eyes of Dixie Carter. Now a huge star in Mexico, Bischoff believes that the on;ly logical thing to do with his cred is roll with Immortal and be treated the way a legit superstar should.
badnewzxl wrote: The Dixie thing doesn't make kayfabe sense bc Dixie is the one who had chosen Morgan and Hernendez as future stars in TNA AND put them together as a tag team right before Hogan and Bischof took over.
This isn't kayfabe
badnewzxl wrote: The reason Hernendez should be going after Morgan is bc Morgan put him out; plain and simple. Added incentive is not really needed. Bischof making it seem like it's all his idea only gives Bischof more heat (which he doesn't need) and takes away the heat Hernendez could have had. I think it would have been better if they didn't have the backstage segment and Hernendez just came out and cost Morgan the match. He didn't need to join up with Immortal right then either, they could have done that at AAO or on a future iMPACT!
But Hernandez already got his revenge on Morgan this summer.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
badnewzxl
Posts: 2920
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:53
Favorite Wrestler: Claudio Castagnoli
Location: the Bluegrass City

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 14:53

They made it kayfabe when the constantly mentioned it during their pursuit of and run with the tag team titles.

I must have missed something, but I thought Morgan put Hernendez out again after their match at Lockdown....
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 15:35

badnewzxl wrote:They made it kayfabe when the constantly mentioned it during their pursuit of and run with the tag team titles.
I don't think that they ever said anything about anyone putting the two together as a team.

badnewzxl wrote: I must have missed something, but I thought Morgan put Hernendez out again after their match at Lockdown....
Lockdown was in the spring, and thus, before summer. Hernnadez came back, beat Morgan in atrocious matches with moronic booking, then was never mentioned while he spent six months in Mexico.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
badnewzxl
Posts: 2920
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:53
Favorite Wrestler: Claudio Castagnoli
Location: the Bluegrass City

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 15:59

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:They made it kayfabe when the constantly mentioned it during their pursuit of and run with the tag team titles.
I don't think that they ever said anything about anyone putting the two together as a team.

badnewzxl wrote: I must have missed something, but I thought Morgan put Hernendez out again after their match at Lockdown....
Lockdown was in the spring, and thus, before summer. Hernnadez came back, beat Morgan in atrocious matches with moronic booking, then was never mentioned while he spent six months in Mexico.
1. She didn't put them together as a tag team; she just mentioned how she thought the two of them were future stars for the company. When they were a team, Taz and Tenay would constantly mention Dixie's praises; which is why what Bischof said is kayfabe BS. Hernendez buying into it makes him look like an ignorant brute instead of a vengeful monster.

2. You got me there; I thought Morgan jumped him again on iMPACT! some time after Lockdown....
Image

User avatar
NWK
Posts: 167
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 13:49
Favorite Wrestler: Zach Gowen

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by NWK » Feb 11th, '11, 17:00

The reason why I think Bischoff's arguments hold (kayfabe) water is because, after his feud with Morgan, Dixie (the person who kayfabe owned the company at the time) simply told Hernandez that he would be shipped away to "learn how to wrestle better" in Mexico. Hernandez, already considered one of the top big men in TNA would likely feel some resentment towards Dixie's regime, after essentially being sent down to what someone in a big company like TNA would likely consider "the minor leagues." So how do you think he feels when Eric Bischoff, one of the most famous minds in professional wrestling, brings him into his office, and tells him that he is an amazing wrestler, and deserves to be treated like a celebrity, making the big bucks? He probably feels pretty darned good about it, ready to jump on to any bandwagon that gives him such treatment (Immortal) after getting treated like a lowly developmental talent in Dixie's regime.
The Andy Rooney of WR, NWK

User avatar
badnewzxl
Posts: 2920
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:53
Favorite Wrestler: Claudio Castagnoli
Location: the Bluegrass City

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 17:12

NWK wrote:The reason why I think Bischoff's arguments hold (kayfabe) water is because, after his feud with Morgan, Dixie (the person who kayfabe owned the company at the time) simply told Hernandez that he would be shipped away to "learn how to wrestle better" in Mexico. Hernandez, already considered one of the top big men in TNA would likely feel some resentment towards Dixie's regime, after essentially being sent down to what someone in a big company like TNA would likely consider "the minor leagues." So how do you think he feels when Eric Bischoff, one of the most famous minds in professional wrestling, brings him into his office, and tells him that he is an amazing wrestler, and deserves to be treated like a celebrity, making the big bucks? He probably feels pretty darned good about it, ready to jump on to any bandwagon that gives him such treatment (Immortal) after getting treated like a lowly developmental talent in Dixie's regime.
Dixie still kayfabe owns the company; but Bischof and Hogan are and were at the time in control of the company. they were running things. I don't understand why Hernendez would believe Bischof considering his track record AND Hernendez's history with Dixie; unless he's a buffoon....
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 21:09

badnewzxl wrote:


1. She didn't put them together as a tag team; she just mentioned how she thought the two of them were future stars for the company. When they were a team, Taz and Tenay would constantly mention Dixie's praises; which is why what Bischof said is kayfabe BS. Hernendez buying into it makes him look like an ignorant brute instead of a vengeful monster.
Not really. If Dixie though so highly of Hernandez, why did she ship him to Mexico? Wouldn't she have wanted him in TNA? The logic is sound.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 21:13

badnewzxl wrote:
NWK wrote:The reason why I think Bischoff's arguments hold (kayfabe) water is because, after his feud with Morgan, Dixie (the person who kayfabe owned the company at the time) simply told Hernandez that he would be shipped away to "learn how to wrestle better" in Mexico. Hernandez, already considered one of the top big men in TNA would likely feel some resentment towards Dixie's regime, after essentially being sent down to what someone in a big company like TNA would likely consider "the minor leagues." So how do you think he feels when Eric Bischoff, one of the most famous minds in professional wrestling, brings him into his office, and tells him that he is an amazing wrestler, and deserves to be treated like a celebrity, making the big bucks? He probably feels pretty darned good about it, ready to jump on to any bandwagon that gives him such treatment (Immortal) after getting treated like a lowly developmental talent in Dixie's regime.
Dixie still kayfabe owns the company; but Bischof and Hogan are and were at the time in control of the company. they were running things. I don't understand why Hernendez would believe Bischof considering his track record AND Hernendez's history with Dixie; unless he's a buffoon....
No she doesn't. Hogan & Bischoff kayfabe own the company. This whole legal BS they are doing doesn't make much esens,e especially the part about Hogan not being allowed to appear on TV (but Bischoff still can). Dixie signed control of the company over to them on the 10/7/2010 Impact.

At the time when Hernandez was sent away, Hogan & Bischoff owned half of the company, and Dixie owned the other half (how Jeff Jarrett & Mick Foley lost their ownership was never explained).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
badnewzxl
Posts: 2920
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:53
Favorite Wrestler: Claudio Castagnoli
Location: the Bluegrass City

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 21:32

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:


1. She didn't put them together as a tag team; she just mentioned how she thought the two of them were future stars for the company. When they were a team, Taz and Tenay would constantly mention Dixie's praises; which is why what Bischof said is kayfabe BS. Hernendez buying into it makes him look like an ignorant brute instead of a vengeful monster.
Not really. If Dixie though so highly of Hernandez, why did she ship him to Mexico? Wouldn't she have wanted him in TNA? The logic is sound.
that's if SHE did it; who's to say Bischof or Hogan didn't do it? they owned half the company too, right? I think it comes down to who are you gonna trust: Dixie or Bischof? And WHO would choose Bischof given those choices? An idiot.
Image

User avatar
badnewzxl
Posts: 2920
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:53
Favorite Wrestler: Claudio Castagnoli
Location: the Bluegrass City

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 11th, '11, 21:34

Big Red Machine wrote:
badnewzxl wrote:
NWK wrote:The reason why I think Bischoff's arguments hold (kayfabe) water is because, after his feud with Morgan, Dixie (the person who kayfabe owned the company at the time) simply told Hernandez that he would be shipped away to "learn how to wrestle better" in Mexico. Hernandez, already considered one of the top big men in TNA would likely feel some resentment towards Dixie's regime, after essentially being sent down to what someone in a big company like TNA would likely consider "the minor leagues." So how do you think he feels when Eric Bischoff, one of the most famous minds in professional wrestling, brings him into his office, and tells him that he is an amazing wrestler, and deserves to be treated like a celebrity, making the big bucks? He probably feels pretty darned good about it, ready to jump on to any bandwagon that gives him such treatment (Immortal) after getting treated like a lowly developmental talent in Dixie's regime.
Dixie still kayfabe owns the company; but Bischof and Hogan are and were at the time in control of the company. they were running things. I don't understand why Hernendez would believe Bischof considering his track record AND Hernendez's history with Dixie; unless he's a buffoon....
No she doesn't. Hogan & Bischoff kayfabe own the company. This whole legal BS they are doing doesn't make much esens,e especially the part about Hogan not being allowed to appear on TV (but Bischoff still can). Dixie signed control of the company over to them on the 10/7/2010 Impact.

At the time when Hernandez was sent away, Hogan & Bischoff owned half of the company, and Dixie owned the other half (how Jeff Jarrett & Mick Foley lost their ownership was never explained).
I didn't know that happened; why did she sign it over?
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 20801
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM Reviews the 2/10/2011 episode of Impact (crap-tastic

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 11th, '11, 22:15

This was just brought up in a video I watched on youtube (FoolKiller99 He is smart, and is a truly passionate TNA fan- you should all check him out): If Hogan & Bischoff are inc harge of TNA...who hired Scott Steiner?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
Beyond Flesh
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests