All Impact Wrestling (FKA TNA/GFW 2017) Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews TNA's One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2

Post by cero2k » Jul 6th, '13, 19:55

TNA One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2
July 5th, 2013

Spoilers Ahead!

Just to start off, the intro video spoiled all returning and debuting surprises. So fuck you! Then there was yet another musical intro with a bunch of hardcore spots of TNA during the years.

Street Fight
The New Church (Slash and Sin) vs Latin American Xchange - 5/10
It was nice to see L.A.X. one more time. But i'm pretty sure there is not a single person in the impact zone during this match that knows who the New Church is, and i wouldn't be so sure about LAX. The parts inside the ring were not that good, but the brawl got better outside the ring. Hernandez wore a construction hat for the most part of the match, it was just weird. Match was meh really.

ODB Interview - surprisingly good for ODB. The promo to hype this match was just about one match they had before.

No DQ Match
Jackie Moore vs ODB - 4/10
Nothing against Jackie, but was she the most hardcore knockout they could get? OH YEEAH, TNA burnt bridges with all their other ones like Roxxi, Daffney, and Kong. Both try to leave the ring and grab stuff from under the ring, but neither seem to find anything and it just looks awkward, and the first thing they find is a broom and a bunch of cleaning supplies. Jackie is also talking really loud as if she was in a gym show. Anyway, aside from all the stupidity of props they brought to the match and all the stalling, the brawling was good when they actually got brawling. There was a funny "sweep'er up Jackie, sweep'er up" chant when Jackie started attacking ODB with the broom. Gail vs Terrell was a better hardcore match than this.

Bad Influence Promo - Fact: Kaz is undefeated in TNA in ladder matches?? cool didn't know that. Kaz puts Gen Me over HUGE! and they haven't even fought yet. Daniels was great, he's not hardcore, he's more softcore as he says. Daniels climbed a ladder and the camera didn't move, so we couldn't see Daniels' face for the rest of the promo.

$20,000 dlls Ladder Match
Generation Me vs Bad Influence - 7.5/10
SO.MANY.DOUBLE.TEAM.MOVES!!! Not much to say, some great spots from both teams. Probably this match will make the show.

Joseph Parks Promo - Good, Hell yeah! Mesias and James Mitchell!! Mesisas looked soo small.

Bad Influence Post-match Promo - Great! Again the put Gen Me over huge

Hardcore Gauntlet Battle Royal
Devon Storm, Little Guido, Crimson, Sam Shaw, Johnny Swinger, Funaki, Gunner, Too Cold Scorpio, Shark Boy
Each one bring their own weapon to the match, new wrestler comes out every 2 minutes and I don't know if the Impact Zone have a timer, but I don't. Crimson comes third and brings an umbrella. Sam Shaw comes with a cane, and I suddenly figured it out, Shaw is a young John Cena. Funaki comes out with a version of his old Smackdown shirt, now it just says Funaki. Shark Boy brought a shark to the match!!! Holy Fish Holy Fish Holy Fish!

Aces & 8's Promo - Good

Elimination 6-Man Tag Match
Aces & 8s (D.O.C., Knux, and Wes Briscoe) vs James Storm, Magnus, and Bob Holly - 6.5/10
Holly was a good surprise, but meh really, I don't think anyone marked out to it. Match was actually pretty good, took a whole lot of time to see the first elimination, but then all eliminations happened within 1 minute. 1 Fucking minute. There was a point in the match that Holly gets tagged in and there was a 'Please Kill West' chant!

Monster's Ball
Joseph Park vs Mesias w/ Father James Mitchell - 6/10
They acknowledged all of Mesias' achievements in Mexico and Puerto Rico, that made me glad. There is just such a nice touch that this match has such a long history behind it. So this was technically the very first comedy Monster's Ball Match in TNA history right? The match wasn't bad, but you kill all the hardcore stuff every time you do a comedy spot, so neither comedy nor hardcore were able to build momentum. At the end of the match Park bleeds and releases the Abyss within, and just had be wishing he had bleed from the start of the match.

Team 3D Promo - Awesome. Devon called him Runt as Spike.
Team 3D Promo in the ring, not as good, it was a bit long and they repeated the same thing.

Tag Team Tables Match
Team 3D vs Brother Runt and Jeff Hardy - 5/10
Christy didn't introduce them as 23 Tag Team World Champions, Team 3D, but just as Ray and Devon representing Aces & 8s, i didn't like that. Bully Ray starts to hassle with a fan and tells him he'll smack him in the face, then crowd start chanting 'do it, do it'. Spike is wearing the old school ECW attire. They should have booked Matt Hardy for tonight and have a Hardys vs Dudleys match if you ask me. They're actually doing tags in a tables match, it's just weird. Match wasn't really that good, and the finish was terrible.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Not really a good show, look up the Ladder match and that's all, but nothing else is really going out of your way to watch.

NOTES:
- JB and Tenay are doing commentary tonight.
- I didn't like that JB and Tenay kept mentioning who was having matches later tonight, especially when it came to people coming back or debuting, I could have been ok with just mention of the roster.
- Not sure of the commentary is voice over (which i suspect) but they're mentioning things that happened in the last Impacts prior to the PPV premier.
- Crowd was mostly dead for the whole night, good thing they got out of the impact zone.

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Re: Cero Reviews TNA's One Night Only: Hardcore Justice 2

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Jul 11th, '13, 12:46

The crowd was awful last night!!! I juiced when I saw LAX, Mesais and Gen Me return!!!

Never understood by both Christy and Borash were on Ring announcing duties!!!

Gen Me vs Bad Influence was the best thing I've seen in TNA in a VERY long time!!!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jul 11th, '13, 13:25

Big Bad Booty Daddy wrote:
Gen Me vs Bad Influence was the best thing I've seen in TNA in a VERY long time!!!
DAT springboard from the ladder was sick!

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jul 11th, '13, 13:42

GenMe v. BI is the only reason other than slight nostalgia to see this show.

I have no idea who Slash is; Sinn was Kizarny, right? I like Kazarny, but he didn't really do much here. I saw a CHIKARA show where he was a lot of fun.

I was surprised Homicide didn't get a bigger pop.

Hardcore Holly? Of course he didn't get a pop; despite WWE putting it in his name, people still don't think of Holly as a Hardcore guy. Tough, yes; Hardcore, no. Not to mention the fact that NO ONE CARES ABOUT HARDCORE HOLLY, lol.

I wish they just made the Monster's Ball Mesias v. ABYSS!!! This is a nostalgia show; you had TJP come out as Puma on the X-Division One Night Only!

It was good to see Ms. Jackie back, but the match was a mess. Their antics were much better than their execution....

Big Bad Booty Daddy

Post by Big Bad Booty Daddy » Jul 12th, '13, 13:20

Agree BadNewz

The fans were so lame that night