Who do you think will be in the 2011 HOF?

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Earth Child

Who do you think will be in the 2011 HOF?

Post by Earth Child » Dec 21st, '10, 03:19

I'm picking people despite personal differences. If they served time in WWF, WCW or ECW, they get considered. This is who I think should be in the HOF for 2011.

Macho Man Randy Savage: Why? Obvious reasons. Macho Madness was just as wild as Hulkamania, Former WWF champion, IC champion and WCW champion. He one of the greatest matches of all time with Ricky Steamboat at Wrestlemania 3. Plus his charisma and promo's were excellent. Too bad he had to imply he had sex with Stephanie McMahon...

Sting: Why? Because he participated in one of the greatest storyline of all time and lead the charge against the Evil Hollywood Hulk Hogan. He is arguably the greatest babyface of WCW, heck even of all time. Former NWA and WCW champion and all round good guy. The only problem here is he refuses to work for Vince and he currently works for the enemy.

Shawn Michaels: Why? Dude, why not? Besides his little girl backstage antics of the 90s, this guy is professionalism personified. He is a multiple time WWF Champion and Heavyweight Champion. He has had some of the greatest matches of all time in the WWF. He is a two time winner of the Royal Rumble, one time starting from the dreaded number one spot, first ever winner of a ladder match in WWF, first ever winner of Hell in a Cell and first ever winner of the Elimination Chamber. He, on several occasions stole the show at Wrestlemania producing some very memorable moments. He even put over the moron John Cena at Wrestlemania.....
He stuck with Vince through out the Monday Night Wars and still is on good terms with WWE. So I think he is in high contention to get in.

Mick Foley: Why? Well with the name Hardcore Legend you would think he would be in the HOF. He is a former WWF champion and has held tag team gold in both WCW and ECW. This man has put his body through hell for all promotions he has worked for. He fell of a 20 foot cage at KOTR in 1998. Been wrapped in barbed wire, thrown through tables, hit by chairs. He also managed to play three different characters while in WWF and as Mankind produced some of the most eerie yet awesome promos ever. He put over Edge in that fantastic hardcore match at Wrestlemania. He may have lost points with WWE for going to TNA but you never know...

So, if you put all the politics aside, who do you think should be in the 2011 Hall of Fame?

Y2J
Future Endeavored

Re: Who do you think will in the the 2011 HOF?

Post by Y2J » Dec 21st, '10, 03:45

I think everybody you named would make great candidates for the Hall Of Fame. I don't view it as presteigously as others do, especially when they overlook so many people and not to mention they have a celebrity wing that kind of takes away from the wrestlers who get inducted. But it is still a great ceremony and it gives WWE a chance to honour the men and women who helped the buisness become what it is today. I for one would love to see Diamond Dallas Page in it, he definitely deserves to be in there before Goldberg.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '10, 16:37

Goldberg
Arn Anderson
Luger
Ron Simmons
Crockett(s)

Sting, Rock, Bruno, and Nash if they accept it.
For HBK, JBL, and Booker T, I think WWE is waiting for the next Mania in Texas.

And Trump deserves induction into the celebrity wing
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Y2J
Future Endeavored

Post by Y2J » Dec 28th, '10, 02:27

The Awesome One wrote: Theres a celebrity wing?
Of course. How else did you think Pete Rose, William Perry and Bob Uecker got inducted?

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Dec 28th, '10, 05:49

Big Red Machine wrote:Goldberg
Arn Anderson
Luger
Ron Simmons
Crockett(s)

Sting, Rock, Bruno, and Nash if they accept it.
For HBK, JBL, and Booker T, I think WWE is waiting for the next Mania in Texas.

And Trump deserves induction into the celebrity wing
Bruno NEEDS to go in. Sting won't if he's with TNA. Nash would jump all over it.

But seriously, Simmons & The Crockett... Absolute musts...

Not sure about Luger.

The Rock will go in either 2011 or 2012... he simply has to... he's the only guy who ever came close to Austin's popularity...

Y2J
Future Endeavored

Post by Y2J » Dec 28th, '10, 06:38

Lynas wrote:Bruno NEEDS to go in. Sting won't if he's with TNA. Nash would jump all over it.
I agree but from what I hear Bruno doesn't want anything to do with the Hall Of Fame.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Dec 28th, '10, 07:16

Bruno said no because he's not too fond of Vince(i think, dont quote me on it though) and he doesnt like the fact that there isn't a physical WWE HOF building.

kirbs2002

Post by kirbs2002 » Dec 28th, '10, 08:55

Bruno (and I think Superstar Billy Graham) has said that he doesn't want to because he doesn't like the direction the business has gone.
Reality TV is faker than "fake" wrestling!

"The views that I'm about to express are not necessarily those of anyone else but myself, but they ought to be and, in fact, they probably are"

yourcrapsweak

Post by yourcrapsweak » Dec 29th, '10, 21:32

Bruno has been very vocal about how he doesn't like the way the wrestling business has been going, and would never accept the offer of going into Vince's HOF.

I think Baba should go in there, in addition to what everyone has already said.

Macho Man would never go in there though.
"I was trending worldwide on Twitter once. And then I looked in my wallet, and there was no money in there."
-Kevin Steen

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Dec 30th, '10, 01:45

The Awesome One wrote:
Y2J wrote:
The Awesome One wrote: Theres a celebrity wing?
Of course. How else did you think Pete Rose, William Perry and Bob Uecker got inducted?
They are celebrities? Never heard of them..
Pete Rose is a former Baseball great who can't enter the MLB HOF bc he was caught betting on games when he managed the Reds (or Phillies)- he was Tombstoned by Kane three times now

William "Refrigerator" Perry is a HOF American Football player for the Chicago Bears (Defensive Tackle) who competed in the Football players v. wrestler battle Royal back in the late 80's or early 90's WWF

Bob Ueker was the announcer in the Major Leaugue Movie franchise (and he might have been an actual baseball commentator as well) who made SEVERAL WWF appearances at big events back in the Hogan era

BUT WHO WILL BE IN THE HOF THIS YEAR?
maybe HBK
maybe Goldberg
Savage and Bruno, though neither would prolly accept the honor

The one person who deserves it but prolly def won't get it is Jake Roberts. The guy has had his problems, but no one has ever stopped to think that maybe it's bc HE'S NEVER BEEN GIVEN A SINGLE TITLE OR AWARD TO SHOW THAT THE BUSINESS APPRECIATES WHAT HE'S DONE!!!!! His dad didn't care that he wanted to follow in his footsteps, Vince never gave him a run at the world title; he's BEEN getting the shaft his whole life. He made the most delicious lemonade from the most rotten, bitter, tart fucking lemons ever! Ppl think the story goes: look at Jake; use to be a huge superstar and now he's smoking crack! I see it as: wow, coming from the situation that guy came from, he should have been smoking crack all the time, but he became a friggin superstar! He deserves acclaim for rising above a situation that many would accept immediate defeat in the face of. And on top of that, for being one of the most recognized characters of one of the hottest periods in wrestling history

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Dec 30th, '10, 04:48

Rabid619 wrote:Bruno said no because he's not too fond of Vince(i think, dont quote me on it though) and he doesnt like the fact that there isn't a physical WWE HOF building.
Though according to previous reports & rumours, WWE IS planning on building one within the next few years.

Sassafras

Post by Sassafras » Jan 2nd, '11, 22:44

I'm thinking a WCW theme, because they're gonna be in Atlanta. Macho Man is apparently on good terms with the WWE now, given the recent DVD release and his appearance (via pre-taped video announcement) at ComiCon, announcing his plans for new "Defining Moments" action figures to be released by the WWE through Mattel. Macho Man seems like a strong possibility, which would seem a strange thing to say, even just last year.

There has been talk of Goldberg (fingers crossed). But HHH isn't too fond of him. Let's hope that the amount of pull Hunter has backstage doesn't keep Bill Goldberg from getting his recognition as one of the bigest stars of the 90's.

There has also been talk of Lex Luger, Arn Anderson, and Ron Simmons. Luger is understandable, but considering how long Arn and Simmons have been on good terms with the company, it's a surprise that neither guy is in the WWE HOF yet. I'm thinking it's their year. Luger..I can't stand. However, he did impact his respective era, and I suppose it wouldn't be absolutely tragic to see him be inducted. Considering his inclusion on one of the downloadable content packages for SmackDown! vs. Raw 2011, it seems likely...

I'm not sure if Booker T would accept an offer to be inducted, because I'm not sure whatkind of terms he's on with WWE. But he's an all-time favorite of mine, and I'd love to see it. He's one of the most underrated performers of all time.

Ditto for Scott Hall, but I'm sure his tendency to run his mouth won't do him any favors here. The drug problem probably costs him a bunch of points as well.

And Mr. Self-High-Five, Diamond Dallas Page. Very deserving, and disgustingly underused by the WWE after they bought out WCW. They'd have to stare down that mistake, were they to induct him. But, that side, he's extremely deserving, as well. By Gd, if anyone, he's earned it.

Now...to the biggies.

First, Kevin Nash. His ego will not let him turn down an offer to be inducted into a Hall of Fame. It's just a matter of business with that guy. He's definitely deserving, and in my opinion is one of the all-time great big men, and possibly the most charismatic. I'm definitely pulling for a Big Daddy Cool induction.

Sting...we all know he's against working with Vince. Always has been. But I would mark out more than I have in years if he puts aside his reservations for one weekend, just to be inducted.

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 8th, '11, 21:06

If WWE wants Bruno in, then they need to just say that everyone that was ever in the WCW Hall of Fame is automatically in the WWE HOF... & then just send everyone a ring...lol

Bob Backlund deserves in, Stan Hansen deserves it... But back to the "WCW-theme"

Madusa
Goldberg
Jim Crockett
Steiner Brothers
Road Warriors
Midnight Express (Stan Lane/Bobby Eaton)
Jim Cornette
Paul Ellering
Paul Jones
Four Horsemen
Arn Anderson
Barry Windham
Sting
Lex Luger
Ron Simmons
Vader

e-moose

Post by e-moose » Jan 8th, '11, 22:53

Re: celebrity wing: If there were any justice at all, the first celebrity inductee would have been Andy Kauffman. However, this year's awards are being presented in WCW country, so you just know the celebrity inductee will be former WCW world heavyweight champion David Arquette.

Darkil

Post by Darkil » Jan 12th, '11, 19:33

e-moose wrote:Re: celebrity wing: However, this year's awards are being presented in WCW country, so you just know the celebrity inductee will be former WCW world heavyweight champion David Arquette.
Dear lord I hope you are wrong! I would gouge out my own eyeballs with a rusty spoon...

ECWFlairfan

Post by ECWFlairfan » Jan 19th, '11, 09:34

e-moose wrote:Re: celebrity wing: If there were any justice at all, the first celebrity inductee would have been Andy Kauffman. However, this year's awards are being presented in WCW country, so you just know the celebrity inductee will be former WCW world heavyweight champion David Arquette.
I could see David Arquette being inducted into the celebrity wing this year... However I think its a huge oversight that Cyndi Lauper hasn't been put in the celebrity wing yet because of her role in the 80s bang that lead to WM I

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 19th, '11, 09:40

I'd love to see Booker go in, but he's not officially retired, so I doubt it.

I'm waiting til the last inductee is announced; if it ain't Mach, it should be Sting. No one else would be bigger than HBK....

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Jan 19th, '11, 10:03

Darkil wrote:
e-moose wrote:Re: celebrity wing: However, this year's awards are being presented in WCW country, so you just know the celebrity inductee will be former WCW world heavyweight champion David Arquette.
Dear lord I hope you are wrong! I would gouge out my own eyeballs with a rusty spoon...
I too would gouge my own eyes eye and plug up my ears with them.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 19th, '11, 10:34

If there is one person who deserves to be in the celebrity wing and isn't, it's Mr. T. Donald Trump also deserves to be inducted as a celebrity.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Jan 19th, '11, 22:05

Big Red Machine wrote:If there is one person who deserves to be in the celebrity wing and isn't, it's Mr. T. Donald Trump also deserves to be inducted as a celebrity.
why Trump? He's only been involved once and it was as a part off the worst WM ever.....