Superstars has the best matches/Mix things up WWE!!!

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Cactus Jack Manson

Superstars has the best matches/Mix things up WWE!!!

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 15th, '11, 09:26

I have been catching up on WWE programing lately, and the fact is WWE Superstars, right now is where it's at when in comes to great matches, for the WWE sake. Jack Swagger, Yohsi Tatsu, Darren Young, William Regal, The Uso's, Primo, Curt Hawkins, Chavo Guerrero, Trent Barreta, Zack Ryder, Tyler Recks, and a bunch of other wrestlers have had great matches against each other on that program and have tremendously stepped up their game. Even the Divas, such as Gail Kim, Alica Fox, & Kelly Kelly have had good matches as well. Now of course, not everyone fits into that category:Chris Masters & JTG are probably the two worst wrestlers in the WWE at this point in time, but when paired with wrestlers with great experience, even they can have a great match. My suggestion to the WWE is to start having these matches on SmackDown! & Raw more often. We keep seeing the same faces (Ted Dibiase Jr., Daniel Bryan, Kofi Kingston, Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes), not that I don't like any of the wrestlers I just listed, it's just it time to see those wrestlers that have been on Superstars far too long have those matches on the WWE's main two programs. Superstars is a great way have people like Yohsi Tatsu, Darren Young, Tyler Recks and others get exposure, but if the WWE keeps pitting the same wrestlers against each other every program, it hurts them in different ways: It gets boring. No one wants to see the same people have matches against each other ever week, and when that happens, people stop watching so it also hurts rating as well. The matches on Raw & SmackDown have gotten better (more so on Raw) but if the wrestler that are most of the time wrestling on Superstars have the same quality of matches on Raw & SmackDown! it will give those two shows more ratings, as well as get people to watch Superstars more as well, giving those wrestler more exposure. What do you guys think?
R.I.P. Randy Mario Poffo, aka Randy "Macho Man" Savage
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

Big Red Machine

Re: Superstars has the best matches/Mix things up WWE!!!

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 15th, '11, 12:31

All good points. I will have to start watching Superstars again.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

BrettBirnberg
Future Endeavored

Post by BrettBirnberg » Jan 15th, '11, 12:37

I watched Superstars from when it started a while back and into 2010. It used to be the best way to get the young guys over, and I liked it. Yoshi was getting over in ECW, but when he got to Superstars I thought more people would get interested. Including some others like Ryder, Reks, and Primo were getting more exposure. I just hated how now it has turned into a mid-card bore fest. I can't tune into it because it has just gotten lame in my honest opinion.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Jan 16th, '11, 03:39

The show is based at getting people over, and minus the highlights of other stuff that's happened, there's no drawn out stories or promos... it's just 2 guys or 2 tag teams getting in there and wrestling. While a storyline is good... sometimes "everybody talks to much" and you just wanna see these go in a respectable 15 minute match (which is roughly what the give the superstars main event)... Superstars is great, but if they cut out the highlights of other stuff & just throw in a couple more matches... you'll find it'll be highly rated among "smarks"

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 16th, '11, 21:43

Lynas wrote:The show is based at getting people over, and minus the highlights of other stuff that's happened, there's no drawn out stories or promos... it's just 2 guys or 2 tag teams getting in there and wrestling. While a storyline is good... sometimes "everybody talks to much" and you just wanna see these go in a respectable 15 minute match (which is roughly what the give the superstars main event)... Superstars is great, but if they cut out the highlights of other stuff & just throw in a couple more matches... you'll find it'll be highly rated among "smarks"
Agreed. I was talking with Bad Newz XL earlier about that, and it seems that the WWE is always wanting to recap the BS storylines that take place on Raw. Quit talking about the superstars that are already over, and showcase the ones that have yet to have a chance in the WWE's limelight.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 17th, '11, 15:08

Catus Jack Manson wrote:
Agreed. I was talking with Bad Newz XL earlier about that, and it seems that the WWE is always wanting to recap the BS storylines that take place on Raw. Quit talking about the superstars that are already over, and showcase the ones that have yet to have a chance in the WWE's limelight.
you know, i usually don't have a problem with this when they do it on NXT or Superstars, but when they do it in Smackdown, and not vice versa, i go crazy

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 17th, '11, 19:07

cero2k wrote:
Catus Jack Manson wrote:
you know, i usually don't have a problem with this when they do it on NXT or Superstars, but when they do it in Smackdown, and not vice versa, i go crazy
This.

It makes Smackdown look like a B-show. Raw might be the flagship show, but that doesn't mean that SD has to be a B-Show.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Cactus Jack Manson

Post by Cactus Jack Manson » Jan 20th, '11, 11:22

Big Red Machine wrote:All good points. I will have to start watching Superstars again.
Hope you get to see a decent show tonight. I haven't seen the card for it but it should be decent.
11/15/52 - 5/20/11