WWE Elimination Chamber Discussion w/Live Results!

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
kiel297

Re: WWE Elimination Chamber Discussion w/Live Results!

Post by kiel297 » Feb 20th, '12, 03:52

badnewzxl wrote:I don't understand why the ambulance match was last; the end of the SD! Chamber match was a MUCH better ending. Even the RAW Chamber had a better ending than that.
Personally, I think they should have opened with the Divas match, since it was quite good for a Divas match. Follow that up with the US Title match (preferably announced beforehand). Get your video packages out the way, bring in Cena vs Kane. RAW Elimination Chamber next. With the finish it had, it would still have some bit of momentum to go into the Smackdown Chamber match. End of the Smackdown Chamber, the crowd tore the goddamn roof off the place, they were so loud. I think that would have been an absolutely brilliant way to end the Pay Per View, myself.

I also think that the Kane/Cena match needed something. As far as standard matches go, it was alright. But this payoff should have been anything but the standard Cena comes out on top finish.

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 20th, '12, 04:14

Well I've just caught this PPV. and my prediction was correct. The whole thing was pretty sub-par.

I loved the Big Show/Daniel Bryan stuff.

Divas match was okay. Tamina is AWESOME. I'd love to see Tamina/Kharma vs Neidhart/Phoenix or some derivative of that. It'd prove Women's wrestling wasn't just eye-candy for sweaty overweight middle aged dungeon & dragon players.

Christian & Del Rio's returns pleased me.

Kane/Cena - Meh

US Title Match - Not PPV quality.

SD Elimination Chamber overall was alright.

Raw Elimination Chamber overall was alright.

But aside from the two points I mentioned overall it was disappointing.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '12, 09:31

Am I the only one who pretty much hated this show?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Lynas
Future Endeavored

Post by Lynas » Feb 20th, '12, 11:12

Big Red Machine wrote:Am I the only one who pretty much hated this show?
No... Aside from three points. This show pretty much blew.

Verdun

Post by Verdun » Feb 20th, '12, 12:14

I only made it in time to see the SD elimination chamber AFTER Khali was eliminated and I opted out of the ambulance match.

I can credibly say that I was not disappointed.

Though given what I've heard, I would have been if I had seen the whole thing.
Lady Luck is smiling...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Feb 20th, '12, 13:29

I didn't hate it, but I wasn't over the moon about it either. I liked the RAW chamber match, and the ending of the Smackdown chamber match just blew my mind (simply because I was so impressed with Santino throughout the whole match, probably because I was expecting him to be the first one out), and I marked out for the US Title match even though Justin lost. The rest was meh.

Especially the ambulance match. I agree with everything Kiel said in his above post. It was definitely missing some oomph, especially for it being the main event.

And I was looking for Ryder to interfere in some capacity after what happened between Cena and Eve on RAW.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 20th, '12, 13:32

To put it simply, the Ambulance match sucked. Thats not the sort of match i'd want to end my PPV. It was really awkward that they did because it was not a main event caliber match whatsoever while the SD Chamber was far better and the finish could have ended the PPV nicely.

WrestlingJoker

Post by WrestlingJoker » Feb 20th, '12, 13:34

I was pretty disappointed myself.

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Feb 20th, '12, 14:51

Serujuunin wrote:
Especially the ambulance match. I agree with everything Kiel said in his above post. It was definitely missing some oomph, especially for it being the main event.

And I was looking for Ryder to interfere in some capacity after what happened between Cena and Eve on RAW.
I figured out why it fell so flat. That match (well, the whole angle really) belonged in 2010. That match represents everything that WWE began to move away from throughout 2011.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '12, 14:59

kiel297 wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:

I figured out why it fell so flat. That match (well, the whole angle really) belonged in 2010. That match represents everything that WWE began to move away from throughout 2011.
I think, in a way, that was on purpose, though. They wanted Cena to get booed. What this match was missing was a result for Cena. A blow-off to Kane trying to get him to embrace his hate. This needed to be the next chapter in that story, and it wasn't. It was the same as we had been getting. AJ vs Kaz from Against All Odds had a similar failing.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 20th, '12, 16:27

Big Red Machine wrote:
kiel297 wrote:
Serujuunin wrote:

I think, in a way, that was on purpose, though. They wanted Cena to get booed. What this match was missing was a result for Cena. A blow-off to Kane trying to get him to embrace his hate. This needed to be the next chapter in that story, and it wasn't. It was the same as we had been getting. AJ vs Kaz from Against All Odds had a similar failing.
exactly; there seemed to be absolutely no resolution and the ending was not very satisfying. How will this stop Kane? Is Kane still gonna be involved with Cena now? I really hope they don't make this the end of that feud; I guess technically they can't bc Ryder and Eve are two loose ends that must be tied as well.

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Feb 20th, '12, 16:48

badnewzxl wrote:
exactly; there seemed to be absolutely no resolution and the ending was not very satisfying. How will this stop Kane? Is Kane still gonna be involved with Cena now? I really hope they don't make this the end of that feud; I guess technically they can't bc Ryder and Eve are two loose ends that must be tied as well.
Again... 2010

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 20th, '12, 17:05

The Awesome One wrote:I think Cena vs Kane served his purpose. It was to show that his heel turn is coming, that Cena will embrace the hate. His heel turn will come at WM, after a loss to the Rock.
see, I don't think Cena needs to turn heel; he just needs to develop an edge. Sadly, in WWE, that means turning heel, lol (e.g. Truth, Punk). I think that once he stops being the happy go lucky, corny, all american boy ppl are gonna start liking him again. I think WWE is just trying to find a way to get Cena back over with the crowd....

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 20th, '12, 17:50

The Awesome One wrote:I think Cena vs Kane served his purpose. It was to show that his heel turn is coming, that Cena will embrace the hate. His heel turn will come at WM, after a loss to the Rock.
But Cena hasn't done anything to show us that he is embracing the hate (not since he went nuts on Swagger, and that was way back before Royal Rumble. He needs to do something. Show. Don't tell.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

kiel297

Post by kiel297 » Feb 20th, '12, 17:57

What match did you watch? All I saw was a pay-off in the form of Cena proving that he can "adapt and overcome". There were no hints at Cena flipping his shit, there was no use of the backstory that's been building up for weeks. This match was literally nothing more than the classic "Cena beats the bad guy" scenario. It served no purpose other than to end the fued to allow them to started build for the absolute fucking God awful shit fest that is going to be John Cena vs The Rock.

I HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE VIDEO PACKAGES.

Rabid619

Post by Rabid619 » Feb 20th, '12, 18:31

Kane/Cena feud better not be done because if it is, that was one of the worst blow off matches i've ever seen. It was crap and it didn't end sh*t.