BRM Reviews WWE Royal Rumble 2022 (bad)

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews WWE Royal Rumble 2022 (bad)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 30th, '22, 19:37

WWE Royal Rumble 2022 (1/29/2022)- St. Louis, MO

WWE UNIVERSAL TITLE MATCH WITH THE USOS BARRED FROM RINGSIDE: Roman Reigns(c) vs. Seth Rollins- 7/10
Rollins used the Shield music to get the babyface pop. I do not buy this story that Roman hasn’t gotten over the Shield break-up. They used that story extremely well early on, but when it came time for the big moment when Seth offered the fist bump and Roman got all conflicted (even as Seth was LAUGHING AT HIM), I just didn’t buy it.
Most of the match, however, didn’t play into that story. It was just them trading big moves for a while. I will note that the crowd was really into Rollins, to a degree that shocked me because he came across to me as a smarmy heel. Babyfaces rarely play mind games, and when they do, it’s almost always after some truly grievous offense by the heel, which has been absent from this story. Heel vs. heel matches are fine, and the undercard of the Royal Rumble is a perfect time to do one, but the fact that this is a heel vs. heel match played into the finish in a that I don’t think they intended.
And then there was the finish.
On the one hand, I guess I have to say that the finish was done well, as it really seemed to me that if the referee hadn’t lifted Seth’s hand up for the obligatory lifting and dropping to see if he was out, Seth never would have made it to the ropes (they were within reach, but it didn’t look like he had the energy left to lift and straighten his arm on his own). For that reason, Roman’s frustration is quite believable. If there was some other method of checking, Roman really would have beaten the guy and gotten the monkey off his back.
Unfortunately, the positives of the execution were outweighed by the negatives of the context. First and foremost, this is yet another f*ck finish in a big match. This is the match you do on TV to pop a rating and build up to the PPV with a stipulation to assure us that we won’t get f*cked again.
That part about a stipulation to let us know that we won’t get f*cked again is, of course, an important component in making us want to see the rematch, but it’s not the only one. This sort of thing works a lot better when the challenger is someone we actually want to see win the title, and, to me, Seth Rollins is not that. He’s a smarmy and annoying goof. If this were Big E. or Drew McIntyre that would be one thing, but it’s not. It’s Seth Rollins, who we’ve seen over the past three years be an unapologetic cheater and annoying clown. The only real push factor that this sort of finish would have going for it in this case is the idea that Rollins might be able to be the guy who finally ends Roman’s long title reign, but even that was killed off by doing the finish the way they did, with it feeling like Roman had Seth beaten if not for an accident of positioning.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- meh
They spent a long time showing us the fans chanting “ROMAN SUCKS!” and Roman being annoyed and then trying to regain his cool as Rollins recovered. Roman eventually got a chair and hit Seth in the back. The mirroring of the Shield break-up was nice but that sort of thing is the icing on top of the ice cream cake, and that’s really not going to make you any happier if the whole cake is a flavor you don’t like.

2022 WOMEN’S ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH- 6/10
The first entrant was Sasha Banks, and #2 was Melina. Sasha got in Melina’s face. Melina returned Sasha’s confident posing, then attacked Sasha… and Sasha countered her attack, kicked her in the stomach, and eliminated her. I laughed my ass off.
Three was Tamina, who Sasha went to the outside to take it to right away. Four was Kelly Kelly, who botched the first thing she tried that wasn’t a forearm or ducking. She tried something on Sasha, and Sasha reversed it and eliminated in a way that made Kelly look stupid for trying it.
Five was Aliyah, took her top off (she had something under it) and twirled it around for way too long, until Tamina just ran up and glommed her from behind. What an idiot.
Six was Liv Morgan. They all did some spots. Does someone want to get Aliyah’s… umm… entrance bra…out of the middle of the ring so that no one slips on it?
Seven was Zelina Vega, who got to eliminate Sasha. They focused on Sasha quite a bit. Eight was Bianca Belair, so at least we’re back to having someone who I would actually want to see win in the match.
Nine was Dana Brooke, who seems to have found some charisma in the past few months. That’s probably the thing I’ll see that will shock me the most tonight. Ten was Michelle McCool, who entered the Royal Rumble “to inspire her kids to overcome challenges.” These kids have a father/step-father who has magically escaped from burning coffins and survived being buried alive multiple times. I don’t think you they need you to win the Royal Rumble to inspire them to overcome challenges.
McCool ran wild on everyone and dumped Dana before getting glommed from behind by Tamina. Eleven was Sonya Deville. I assume she didn’t give herself number thirty to avoid accusations of abuse of power. Instead, she decided to abuse an idiotic loophole in the rules and just didn’t get into the ring. She went to do commentary instead.
Twelve was Nattie. She snuck up on Bianca and Tamina and almost got both of them, but Bianca managed to hold on and even kick Nattie off in a CRAZY way. Speaking of crazy, number thirteen was Cameron of the Funakdactyls. The announcers told Sonya that Cameron, being Naomi’s former tag team partner, was a good friend of Naomi’s. So Sonya Deville, a WWE official, had no idea who this person was that was booked in a big match?
Sonya figured that Naomi would be upset if something happened to Cameron, so she took her jacket off, got into the ring, and attacked her (and eliminated her). Well, the joke is on Sonya, because the last time we saw Cameron and Naomi together- you guessed it- they were feuding, after Cameron had turned on Naomi.
And, of course, the next entrant was Naomi. Instead of charging at Sonya, she went to check on Cameron…and by “check on,” I mean that she lifted her limp body up a bit, then dropped it. I’m going to give Naomi some benefit of the doubt here and say that she remembered what happened between her and Cameron, and was she was actually just making sure that this potential threat was unconscious before entering the ring (I’m sure I’ll be disappointed on Smackdown when she has to cut a promo about it).
Naomi got her hands on Sonya, beat her up, and eliminated her. This would have felt a lot bigger if she hadn’t just beaten her cleanly last night on TV.
Next was Carmella, who just stayed on the outside for a while. That’s two people in the last few entrants to do this. Rhea Ripley was next. Thankfully she grabbed Carmella and tossed her in. Carmella and Zelina beat on her for a bit but she overcame then, dumped both tag champs by herself, and then ran wild on everyone else until Charlotte came out. Charlotte then got to run wild. She eliminated Aliayh and almost eliminated Naomi. Naomi managed to keep her feet on the apron, but Sonya saved us from the Athletic Abuse of the Rules Spot by just yanking her off (although I will say that the position they had Naomi in, where her hands were on the floor and her feet still on the apron- as opposed to Kofi doing a full-on handstand, or Jomo on the barricade- was much more tolerable to me). Naomi went after Sonya on the outside, but referees kept her separated.
The next entrant was Ivory, doing the RTC gimmick. I guess she’s had a major change of perspective in her life since we last saw her. I HATE sh*t like this. It makes it feel like these are people playing characters instead of actual people, and makes it feel like there is someone directing things backstage with the goal of “entertaining the fans” and “making the show fun” instead of the goal being to present the sporting contest that is the premise of pro wrestling. I might have made fun of the Michelle McCool thing earlier, but at least that’s a reason for why this person is back, and is essentially a babyface now instead of the mean, cheating heel we knew for most her time in WWE.
Ivory started to cut a promo on everyone, then got eliminated by Rhea.
Brie Bella was in next. People reacted a lot more to her doing the “YES!” chants than they did to anything else she did. Funny thing that. One of the announcers called Nattie the “ironman,” of the match, even though about half of the remaining field has been in for longer than she has.
Next was Mickie James, with TNA’s belt, and it being acknowledged with a graphic. McCool attacked her as she tried to get into the ring, but she got back up, avoided being eliminated by McCool, and ran wild on people, including eliminating McCool.
Number twenty-one was Alicia Fox. Uch. She and Nattie did some kind of simultaneous face-crusher on each other that looked very bad.
Next was Nikki Cross. Rhea waited for her, so she came in from behind and tried to eliminated Rhea. She failed, then just ducked out under the bottom rope and waited for Charlotte to attack Rhea so she could sneak back in.
Next was Sumer Rae, who charged right at Nattie as the announcers told me they had a lot of history together. I have seen every single Summer Rae match on NXT, Raw, Smackdown, or PPV (and probably a few on Main Event and Superstars as well), and I have absolutely no idea what they are talking about. I had to pinch myself to make sure I hadn’t fallen asleep and been dreaming of watching a 2022 Women’s Royal Rumble in a universe where Vince and friends took over after my “BRM Books Raw 1,000 and Beyond” fantasy booking project left off (where I booked a hell of an entertaining feud between Nattie and Summer Rae when I first brought Summer Rae up, if I do say so myself. It started around SummerSlam in either 2014 or 2015, I believe). Summer Rae barely looks like herself without the blonde hair. Nattie eliminated her.
Nikki Bella was in next. She and Brie worked together. Alicia Fox wanted to join them, but then Nikki turned on her and eliminated her. Brie was shocked, and asked Nikki why she did that. Despite this, Jimmy Smith insisted that “both Bella Twins” eliminated Nikki. How the f*ck do you make that mistake?
Sarah Logan in at #25, and looked t have put on a lot more muscle. Between that and the braided her and the animal hide-looking bottom, she’s got a hell of a look. Unfortunately, she was quickly eliminated by the Bellas. Liv went after the Bella, and she got dumped, too. I REALLY hope that this is leading a match between Liv and one of the Bellas. Not that I really want to see such a match, but at least if this is leading to a match then it won’t mean that they had a popular babyface get eliminated by people who came back for a random one-off appearance.
At this point I’m pretty sure that Nattie was legit hurt on that spot with Fox, because almost every time I have seen her since then, she has been down and grabbing her forehead. I assume that the fact that she hasn’t been dumped yet means that she’s needed for something later on, and with so few spots left, well… methinks the Femme-Brock cometh.
Next in was Lita, whose appearance really rubbed in how much they have watered down the word “legend” over the course of this evening. Lita eliminated Mickie, which I guess was a fair political compromise.
Mighty Molly came out next. You can copy and paste my comments about Ivory here. Nikki Cross came back out and attacked her from behind. She rolled Molly into the ring and tossed her out. Then she just stayed in the ring. Maybe she didn’t ever get eliminated? That whole “hiding on the outside” thing is so dumb.
Nattie is up and doing spots again, so that’s good.
And, on cue, here comes Ronda. Remember when we last saw her and she was burying WWE for being run by cons and carnies? Well, the people in charge haven’t really changed much, so coming back would be her selling out, so she’ll have to be a heel now. The fans are all cheering her, though, so I guess they’ve forgotten what happened with her the last time. Like with Brock, I just don’t understand how people can get excited about Ronda with the way her last run ended.
Anyway, Ronda Rousey and ran wild on the wrestlers remaining in the ring, removing one from the race to remain in the running for the world title at WrestleMania.
Also, Brie turned on Nikki and eliminated her.
Shotzi Blackheart headed to the ring. Maybe I’ll get to see Ronda rip her arm off. The final entrant was Shayna Baszler. Is a double armbar a thing? Like, can Ronda grab one arm and Shyana grab the other and they can pull both of Shotzi’s arms off? I’m not being mean. It’s just poetic justice for her attempt to cripple Robert Stone by RUNNING HIS ANKLES OVER WITH A TANK FOR NO REASON. MULTIPLE TIMES.
Nattie wet after Ronda. I thought there would have been a lot more drama there. Ronda started choking her while she was on the apron, but Bianca ran over and shoved Nattie off. Then Nattie got back in and went after Ronda… and, of course, Ronda tossed Nattie out again, making her look like a total chump. This was all very strange.
The final six are Lita, Charlotte, Rhea, Bianca, Shayna, and Ronda. Lita got in her signature stuff, but then got eliminated by Charlotte on a sequence that started with Lita being a dumbass and trying to do a moonsault in a battle royale.
Charlotte got Rhea, then, after a good little final four segment (which actually only included Charlotte, Shayna, and Bianca), Charlotte got Binaca while Bianca was in the middle of getting Shayna, so we were down to Ronda and Charlotte. If they were going to have Becky run in and eliminated Ronda (or, quite frankly, if Ronda was going to win and challenge Becky) they would have put the Raw Women’s Title match on before this, so the finish has been obvious since about a minute after Ronda showed up. As I’m sure you can tell from my tone at this point, Charlotte vs. Ronda (or really anyone vs. Ronda, other than maybe Nattie or Baszler) doesn’t excite me, and the fact that Ronda didn’t do much in this match was not an encouraging sign, either. The match wasn’t bad or anything like that, but other than that final four sequence, Lita hitting a the Litacanrana, and, Naomi getting her hands on Sonya (which was watered down due to their match was last night) there wasn’t much here that was particularly good, either.

WWE RAW WOMEN’S TTLE MATCH: Becky Lynch(c) vs. Doudrop- 7/10
Great stuff. A good story vs. larger and stronger vs. smaller and quicker, with a clean win for the heel, because that’s perfectly okay sometimes.

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Brock Lesnar(c) (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Bobby Lashley (w/MVP)- 3.5/10
This has been a personal dream match of mine since Lashley really started to come together as a worker and personality during his 2014-2016 TNA run, and the stuff they did in the first minutes (which I enjoyed greatly) is exactly why. Then it became every Brock Lesnar match ever, where instead of the German suplexes and finishes being tools used to tell a story, they became everything there was to the story. Then we got a f*cking ref bump and Roman Reigns ran in to screw Brock, and Heyman turned on Brock, too, for good measure. I’ll talk about the booking at the end of the show, but for now I’ll say I hope you all enjoy this hour-long thirty-man match in the main event where at this point only one of the announced entrants has a believable shot at winning (Big E.) and the only other potential winner is Brock Lesnar being allowed to enter the match even though he already wrestled once tonight, and it will be BrockWinsLOL, because an outsider from MMA coming in and winning the Royal Rumble definitely isn’t twice as insufferable if you do it twice in the same night.

MIXED TAG TEAM MATCH: The Miz & Maryse vs. Edge & Beth Phoenix- 4/10
These four have apparently been taking their crappy psychology cues from AEW, as just like the Adam Cole & Britt Baker vs. Goof Patrol match, we had the female heel refuse to leave the ring so she could distract the male heel, allowing the male babyface to blindside him. The big spot they built to was Beth picking Miz up, slamming him into the corer, and stomping a mudhole in him. Yes, Maryse had yanked Edge by the hair and one point and both sides had someone run in to break up a pin, but this all happened when Miz was clearly not willing to break the “no intergender violence” rule (and had not done so at any point), so Beth was essentially attacking someone who wasn’t going to fight back.
Beth kicked out of a shot with the loaded purse… although I have to say, while I don’t usually throw bricks, when Maryse slid it out of the ring, that purse bounced WAY too much for something that supposedly had a brick in it.
Another spot they built up to was Beth giving Miz a powerbomb so that Edge could hit a diving elbow drop. This happened right in front of the referee… and then they wanted me to get angry a few minutes later when Maryse gave Edge a diving hurricanrana? Why? Because the referee’s back was turned? So what? It’s against the rules either way. Having the heels distract the referee when they do it doesn’t make what they’re doing worse. It just makes me get angry at the referee when she just stands there and watches the babyfaces do it right in front of her face.
Edge pinned Miz on the finish after a double-spear to Edge and then simultaneous Glam Slams to each heel. Why would you have Miz- a regular member of the roster- get pinned instead of Maryse, who rarely wrestles?

2022 MEN’S ROYAL RUMBLE MATCH- 6/10
The first two men in were AJ Styles and Shinsuke Nakamura. The horrendous ugliness of the IC Title belt temporarily distracted me from the fact that neither of these guys is going to win, because they’re not Brock Lesnar of Big E.
Another person who wasn’t Brock or Big E. (Austin Theory) was in at number three. Four was Robby Roode, who was quickly eliminated. Five was Ridge Holland, who eliminated Nakamura.
One day, I would love to meet the person who actually thinks those “enhanced reality” (or whatever) graphics are cool… so that I could him or her down a flight of stairs.
Six was Montez Ford. Seven was Damian Priest. Eight was Sami Zayn. Nine was Johnny Knoxville. It’s funny how these two were right in a row, just like how everyone necessary for the Naomi vs. Sonya angle were all right in a row. Johnny Knoxville immediately beat up Samy Zayn, who is the #1 contender to the Intercontinental Title. AJ and then Montez hit big moves on Knoxville. Ridge Holland put Knoxville on the apron (why he didn’t just eliminate him himself was unexplained) so that Sami could knock him off with a Helluva Kick… and some Sami was immediately eliminated by AJ Styles.
Angelo Dawkins was number ten. He and Montez started to work together. Omos was in at eleven, and quickly eliminated both Street Profits and ran wild on everyone else (including AJ). Ricochet was in next. He got obliterated by Omos, but not eliminated, seemingly only because Omos is an idiot and had him by the ropes but threw him the wrong direction.
Chad Gable was the next man in, and he rallied everyone against Omos. Their plan was apparently for Damian Priest to attack alone. He got some offense in, but Omos eliminated him. And then all of the others tried to eliminated Omos while his back was turned. You know what? I withdraw my criticism. That wasn’t a bad plan (although Priest looks like a dope). Dominik Mysterio was in next and tried to help everyone else dump Omos. AJ added a running start to everyone else’s pushing and eliminated Omos.
With the big threat gone, the others all started to fight among themselves. Happy Corbin as in next at number fifteen. We’re halfway through, and I haven’t seen one single person who I believe has a snowball’s chance in hell of winning. Corbin eliminated Ricochet.
Dolph Ziggler was number sixteen, here in his fifteenth Royal Rumble. He has now been in the second-most Royal Rumbles, down only to the great Kane. But unlike the legendary Big Red Machine, who eliminated many wrestlers, Dolph has eliminated an average of barely more than one wrestler per Rumble… and this is a guy who was a main eventer for a while. Corbin eliminated Dominik. Corbin probably has a pretty good average.
AJ eliminated Theory, cuing the count-down for the next entrant, which was Sheamus. The announcers noted that Sheamus won the Rumble in St. Louis in 2012. Ridge Holland was eliminated right in front of Sheamus before he got into the ring. When Sheamus went to console Holland, I was certain he was going to turn on him, but didn’t.
Rick Boogz was in next. I was shocked to learn that he still had his own entrance music instead of using Nakamura’s. So was Pat McAfee.. and when your biggest fan doesn’t even know your entrance music, that’s how you know you’re a total loser. Said loser proceeded to eliminate Chad Gable, infuriating both me and the crowd.
Madcap Moss was in next. Boogz joined Omos’ idiot club, as he had Ziggler high over his head and pressed him a few times… and then, instead of just throwing Ziggler like he did to Gable, he lowered him down and tried to just place him over the rope, allowing Dolph to grab said rope and hold on.
AJ Styles was eliminated by Madcap Moss. Really. We were told that he had been in for 29:05. This right before Matt Riddle came out at #20, meaning that there had supposedly been eighteen ninety-second periods (minus a few seconds, but we’ll round). Eighteen times one and a half would be eighteen plus nine, which would be twenty-seven. OOPS.
I don’t understand why WWE insists on working the times between the entries. If something specific has to happen at a certain point, ninety seconds should be more than enough time to fit it in during. Most people are watching through the WWE Network or Peacock, so it’s not like there is a PPV provider who will cut off your time at the three-hour mark, so what reason is there to work the times between entries, especially if you’re going to then give shoot times for how long someone was in the match, which don’t add up to the supposed times.
Boogz got eliminated by Corbin (with help from Moss).
Drew McIntyre made his return at number twenty-one. We apparently were supposed to believe that he was going to be out for “a year or so” (according to McAfee), but here he is three weeks later. He got revenge on Moss and Corbin by eliminating them. Then he went to the outside to beat them up with the ring steps. All of the referees went over to yell at him not to, because I guess they figured that more voices would make him listen after he ignored the first two. If this feud is over, I could almost buy Drew winning for a rematch with Lashley.
Kevin Owens was in next. He started brawling with Drew in the aisle. Once they got into the ring Owens hit Drew with a Pop-Up Powerbomb and started running wild on everyone. He stomped on Riddle’s bare feet. That made me laugh.
Rey Mysterio Jr. was in next. He got to do some stuff, but was cut off relatively quickly by a Kevin Owens Stunner. The entries are coming noticeably quicker at this point.
Kofi Kingston was in next. Cole tells us that Kofi is the top of the Rumble highlight reel because of the crazy ways he avoided being eliminated. He also noted that Kofi’s fourteen Rumble entries are third on the all-time list. It was at this point that I realized that this was about the fourth time that Cole had noted how many Rumbles a competitor had entered, but at no point had he ever made any comment about where any of them stood on list that are actually good things, like number of people they’ve eliminated, or how many times they have been in the final two or even the final four.
Owens cut Kofi off right away to set up for Kofi’s amazing save this year, which was supposed to be the JoMo “Spiderman” spot that started all of this silliness way back in 2010 or so, except it was pretty clear that both Kofi’s feet actually hit the ground here… and they actually went with it. That was a pleasant surprise (that they didn’t insult our intelligence, not that Kofi wound up looking like sh*t).
Otis was in next, followed by Big E. FINALLY, someone who stands a chance of winning (Big E., not Otis, I mean). Bad Bunny was in next, and he got to start running wild on people, including Kevin Owens and Matt Riddle. He even got to hit Riddle with Canadian Destroyer, and to eliminate Sheamus via low-bridge. He also got to eliminated Dolph Ziggler with some help from Rey on a low-bridge. Rey was then made to look like an idiot for trusting Bad Bunny about forty-five seconds after Riddle did the same thing and Bad Bunny turned on him. How does this help anyone?
Number twenty-eight is Shane McMahon, who got a pop that was loud enough that I’m going to be very angry if I find out that it wasn’t piped in. Shane McMahon got to dominate Matt Riddle with strikes, and then eliminate Kevin Owens. This has to be Vince trolling us, right?
People in the front row stood up and CHEERED for this. I hope all of those people have their car, bus, train, horse, or legs break down on the way home.
Randy Orton was number twenty-nine. RK-Bro got to run wild. They eliminated Big E. (so I guess Brock is coming in at thirty and winning) and Otis.
Yup. Here is Brock at number thirty. For the record, Shane McMahon, Bad Bunny, Johnny Knoxville, and low-level losers like Roode and Ziggler made it into the Royal Rumble, but Finn Balor, King of the Ring Xavier Woods, and the Smackdown tag champs the Usos all didn’t.
Anyway, Brock ran wild on everyone. Bad Bunny didn’t back down from him, so he ate an F-5 and was eliminated. He also eliminated both Orton and Riddle. F*cking Shane screwed up going over the top rope on the first clothesline, so Brock kneed him in the gut (hopefully hard) and then did it again.
Brock and Drew were the final two left. They did stuff for about a minute before Brock got the win. Uch.
Just for quick thoughts on the overall match before I turn to the booking, I’ll say that this was just kind of… there. I’m sure my certainty that Big E. and Brock were the only two possible winners played a part in this, but either way, I was just sitting around the whole time waiting for the finish. Almost all of the eliminations felt like they lacked storyline importance. It wasn’t bad or anything, but it was just kind of there. It was at the same quality as the women’s match, but it got there by lacking both the highs and the lows that that match had. It was just a generic Royal Rumble, with stuff happening until someone won.

Actually, you know what? I think I’m just going to go into the “final thoughts” section of the review here and I’ll make my thoughts on the booking of the men’s world title pictures for a separate article (but this time I swear I actually will write it, because I got about sixty percent of the way through writing it before realizing how long it was making the review, and figured I should get my thoughts on the show overall down while they were still fresh), but suffice it for now to say that I think they got to their destinations in just about the worst way possible, and there a lot of different ways they could get to the same places much better.

This was a pretty bad show from WWE. There is just no other way to put it. The booking of the men’s world titles was terrible, the two Royal Rumbles were painfully generic, and as I’ve said before, having two Royal Rumbles on the same show hurts both, and with the approach WWE has taken to booking them over the past decade or so (for specifics on that, see this article that I wrote on the subject FOUR YEARS AGO: http://www.thewrestlingrevolution.com/f ... 18&t=19727) it almost kills the second one. I went into this show thinking that this was the most disconnected I had felt from WWE (NXT UK excluded) in well over a decade, and after watching this show, it’s not hard to see why. THIS is what the freakin’ ROYAL RUMBLE has come to?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: BRM Reviews WWE Royal Rumble 2022 (bad)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 31st, '22, 08:30

wrestlinghero01 wrote: Jan 31st, '22, 01:04 Is WWE now the Roman and Brock show?
It has been that since about 2017.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 1st, '22, 08:18

Per WOR, Dave mentioned that it's not the first time, but this year's rumble had Shane McMahon as head producer and apparently got himself some heat for rubbing people the wrong way.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 1st, '22, 08:54

cero2k wrote: Feb 1st, '22, 08:18 Per WOR, Dave mentioned that it's not the first time, but this year's rumble had Shane McMahon as head producer and apparently got himself some heat for rubbing people the wrong way.
Yeah, I read the update on that. Apparently he had more control over stuff (but not the winners) this year than most, and kept constantly changing things and it pissed people off.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation