BRM Reviews WWE Crown Jewel 2021 (awesome!)

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews WWE Crown Jewel 2021 (awesome!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 21st, '21, 22:48

WWE Crown Jewel 2021 (10/21/2021)- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia

HELL IN A CELL MATCH: Seth Rollins vs. Edge- 9/10
A wonderful, brutal weapons-match blow-off.

MUSTAFA ALI vs. MANSOOR- 7.5/10
Mansoor picked up the big win in an excellent athletic match, hopefully ending this darn feud.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- snore
Dammit. Ali attacked Mansoor after the match. Someone’s music played and gentleman in a gi with his head wrapped in a large keffiyah concealing his identity marched down to the ring. He revealed himself to be a Saudi Olympic silver medalist in Karate. Ali charged at him and got knocked out with a kick. He then helped Mansoor up and posed with him.

WWE RAW TAG TEAM TITLE MATCH: RK-Bro(c) vs. AJ Styles & Omos- 7/10
Great stuff. Babyfaces win clean with a hell of a finish.

KEVIN PATRICK INTERVIEWS BECKY LYNCH- bad
Becky came off like a total babyface here, even though she’s supposed to be a heel.

QUEEN’S CROWN 2021 FINAL: Doudrop vs. Zelina Vega- 4.5/10
They told a good story with the size difference in the time they got. Vega won clean with a Code Red.

FALLS COUNT ANYWHERE MATCH: Bobby Lashley vs. Goldberg- 6/10
I really hated Goldberg winning here, and I hope there is a rubber match where he will put Lashley over in the end. I hated Shelton and Cedric being made to look so pathetic. I really hated Goldberg being able to run around after taking a Pillmaziner… but if you absolutely had to do it, Goldberg did a great job of selling it and making work. That’s really what this match was. I hated the booking with a passion, but if you absolutely had to do this, this was the best way to do it.
They made sure to put Lashley over for “getting up and walking away” after all of the punishment he took.

EARLIER TODAY, KEVIN PATRICK INTERVIEWS PAUL HEYMAN- fine
Paul says he’s with Roman.

2021 KING OF THE RING FINALS: Finn Balor vs. Xavier Woods- 7.25/10
Xavier Woods beat Finn Balor. That’s all I can process right now. I’m glad I’m not watching Raw anymore, because winning this tournament will only make Woods goofier and more annoying. He already started after this match.

WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE MATCH: Big E.(c) vs. Drew McIntyre- 8.5/10
This was an excellent hoss fight. These two just threw each other around and smacked the crap out of each other… and then, just to make me really happy, they threw in a prawn hold or two. They did a great job of building to bigger and bigger things, setting up a pretty cool finish.

WWE SMACKDOWN WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Becky Lynch(c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair- 8.5/10
If you like well-thought-out three-way spots, this match is for you.

WWE UNIVERSAL TITLE MATCH: Roman Reigns(c) (w/Paul Heyman) vs. Brock Lesnar- 7.5/10
Look… this was a great match (much better than when they kept doing the same two moves each, over and over again), but… I came into this expecting a f*ck finish with Paul Heyman. What we got here was a f*ck finish that didn’t resolve the issue of Paul Heyman’s loyalty, so now we’re just going to continue the same story we’ve been doing since SummerSlam, and the next PPV is Survivor Series where they usually don’t do title matches, so this might well carry on into December, if not to the Royal Rumble.

Despite my frustration in the main event, this was one hell of a show from WWE. It was like last month’s PPV, but without the sh*tty finishes, which makes the one frustrating finish they did do a lot more palatable. Hopefully this is WWE’s booking turning over a new leaf, but I’m not holding my breath.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3