SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Post Reply
User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 19681
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32

SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by cero2k » Sep 25th, '19, 10:29

Image
Image

User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1330
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 25th, '19, 10:35

I would say Eddie or Rey should win. From the Smackdown 6, to their individual championship runs, these are the things that I think gave Smackdown its own identity. Guys like Batista, JBL, and Brock were obviously fixtures in their time, but Eddie and Rey are the guys I think of as part of team blue. Taker is obviously part of that but Smackdown was his brand when he came back at WM20, but the Smackdown 6 were tearing shit down long before that.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
AAA When World Collide
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NWA-TNA Weekly Shows
WWE New Year's Revolution 2006

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25036
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '19, 18:10

NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 10:35
I would say Eddie or Rey should win. From the Smackdown 6, to their individual championship runs, these are the things that I think gave Smackdown its own identity. Guys like Batista, JBL, and Brock were obviously fixtures in their time, but Eddie and Rey are the guys I think of as part of team blue. Taker is obviously part of that but Smackdown was his brand when he came back at WM20, but the Smackdown 6 were tearing shit down long before that.
I agree with your logic, but, for the same reasons, I think Edge belongs up there with them. Yes, he went to Raw fir a while and got his main event push there, but he then came back and carried SD from about 2008 until his retirement.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1330
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 25th, '19, 20:30

Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 18:10
NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 10:35
I would say Eddie or Rey should win. From the Smackdown 6, to their individual championship runs, these are the things that I think gave Smackdown its own identity. Guys like Batista, JBL, and Brock were obviously fixtures in their time, but Eddie and Rey are the guys I think of as part of team blue. Taker is obviously part of that but Smackdown was his brand when he came back at WM20, but the Smackdown 6 were tearing shit down long before that.
I agree with your logic, but, for the same reasons, I think Edge belongs up there with them. Yes, he went to Raw fir a while and got his main event push there, but he then came back and carried SD from about 2008 until his retirement.
I see where you're coming from , I just recall his La Familia run being underwhelming and Edge losing me.as a babyface when he lost to Jericho at Mania. It's really just bias
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
AAA When World Collide
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NWA-TNA Weekly Shows
WWE New Year's Revolution 2006

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5864
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 25th, '19, 20:41

NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 20:30
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 18:10
NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 10:35
I would say Eddie or Rey should win. From the Smackdown 6, to their individual championship runs, these are the things that I think gave Smackdown its own identity. Guys like Batista, JBL, and Brock were obviously fixtures in their time, but Eddie and Rey are the guys I think of as part of team blue. Taker is obviously part of that but Smackdown was his brand when he came back at WM20, but the Smackdown 6 were tearing shit down long before that.
I agree with your logic, but, for the same reasons, I think Edge belongs up there with them. Yes, he went to Raw fir a while and got his main event push there, but he then came back and carried SD from about 2008 until his retirement.
I see where you're coming from , I just recall his La Familia run being underwhelming and Edge losing me.as a babyface when he lost to Jericho at Mania. It's really just bias
La Familia was due to the supporting cast, or lack thereof. Besides Edge and Vicki, no one was really a great heel.

You had fuckin' Bam Neely, for the love of Birnberg.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
NWK2000
Posts: 1330
Joined: Feb 26th, '14, 00:52

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 25th, '19, 21:48

KILLdozer wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 20:41
NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 20:30
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 18:10

I agree with your logic, but, for the same reasons, I think Edge belongs up there with them. Yes, he went to Raw fir a while and got his main event push there, but he then came back and carried SD from about 2008 until his retirement.
I see where you're coming from , I just recall his La Familia run being underwhelming and Edge losing me.as a babyface when he lost to Jericho at Mania. It's really just bias
La Familia was due to the supporting cast, or lack thereof. Besides Edge and Vicki, no one was really a great heel.

You had fuckin' Bam Neely, for the love of Birnberg.
Comparing Brinberg to Bam Neely is more apt than you could ever imagine.
Up next on NWK Reviews
Matt Riddle's/Josh Barnett's Bloodsport
AAA When World Collide
WWE Wrestlemania 21
NWA-TNA Weekly Shows
WWE New Year's Revolution 2006

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5864
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 25th, '19, 21:59

NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 21:48
KILLdozer wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 20:41
NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 20:30


I see where you're coming from , I just recall his La Familia run being underwhelming and Edge losing me.as a babyface when he lost to Jericho at Mania. It's really just bias
La Familia was due to the supporting cast, or lack thereof. Besides Edge and Vicki, no one was really a great heel.

You had fuckin' Bam Neely, for the love of Birnberg.
Comparing Brinberg to Bam Neely is more apt than you could ever imagine.
I will ALWAYS remember...birnberg came into the WAC efed... cut some stupid asd fuck Steve Austin/Rock promo...

Then immediately in the following next segment..was swarmed by the top heel stable in the parking lot, and took a finisher on the hood of a car, that ended in a reverse Sto...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25036
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '19, 22:54

NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 21:48


Comparing Brinberg to Bam Neely is more apt than you could ever imagine.
Post of the Year Candidate.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 25036
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '19, 22:57

KILLdozer wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 21:59
NWK2000 wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 21:48
KILLdozer wrote:
Sep 25th, '19, 20:41


La Familia was due to the supporting cast, or lack thereof. Besides Edge and Vicki, no one was really a great heel.

You had fuckin' Bam Neely, for the love of Birnberg.
Comparing Brinberg to Bam Neely is more apt than you could ever imagine.
I will ALWAYS remember...birnberg came into the WAC efed... cut some stupid asd fuck Steve Austin/Rock promo...

Then immediately in the following next segment..was swarmed by the top heel stable in the parking lot, and took a finisher on the hood of a car, that ended in a reverse Sto...
You said the words "Rock promo" and "took a finisher on the hood of a car," so I was compelled to go find this:

Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Northern Gate
CHIKARA Hot Off the Griddle

User avatar
Bob-O
Posts: 3514
Joined: Dec 17th, '10, 06:06

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by Bob-O » Sep 26th, '19, 08:24

I saw Lesnar vs McCool and about spit my coffee out.

What an odd situation at the Calloway breakfast table the next morning if she beat him...


Not to mention that the bracket is set up that they'd likely be wrestling one another in the quarter final...
Image

User avatar
XIV
Posts: 1340
Joined: Aug 19th, '13, 11:38

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by XIV » Sep 26th, '19, 10:52

Undertaker or Eddie Guerrero for me. Either one of those comes to mind first when I think of Smackdown. I'd argue Eddie should be winner because his whole development from Latino Heat angle with Chyna, to the lie, cheat, steal stuff both as a tag competitor with Chavo and singles title runs to his run as Champion these were all were great Smackdown angles.
Have A Nice Day!

User avatar
KILLdozer
Posts: 5864
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 22:54

Re: SmackDown Greatest Superstar tournament

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 26th, '19, 10:58

I mean...I'd say Edge is possibly the greatest heel of that entire era...so he deserves the mention definitely. Though you could argue his better stuff was on RAW with Cena, Orton, Triple H and Shawn Michaels...that was amazing stuff, I watched some back last night and yesterday.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests