Shower thought: When Bray Wyatt returns to the ring, Abby the Witch and Mercy the Buzzard should be real people.

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Shower thought: When Bray Wyatt returns to the ring, Abby the Witch and Mercy the Buzzard should be real people.

Post by cero2k » Apr 29th, '19, 12:03

Make Firefly Fun House a look into the mind of Bray Wyatt, but reveal that what he sees as puppets are actually real people, who come out with him, Mercy can have a bird mask, and Abby can be something of a copy of Su Yung's gimmick. And what he thinks he looks like in the Fun House, it's all in his head.

Big Red Machine

Re: Shower thought: When Bray Wyatt returns to the ring, Abby the Witch and Mercy the Buzzard should be real people.

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 29th, '19, 12:09

The problem with that is that we would then need an explanation of how Bray's inner visions are airing on our TV. It's a Warrior in the mirror type of problem.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Shower thought: When Bray Wyatt returns to the ring, Abby the Witch and Mercy the Buzzard should be real people.

Post by cero2k » Apr 29th, '19, 12:18

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 12:09 The problem with that is that we would then need an explanation of how Bray's inner visions are airing on our TV. It's a Warrior in the mirror type of problem.
it's Bray Wyatt, explaining supernatural things have never been of anyone's concern. I rather believe that I can see into Bray's mind, that believe he is recording a Blue's Clues rip off. Suspend my disbelief or lose respect for the wrestler?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 29th, '19, 12:47

cero2k wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 12:18
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 12:09 The problem with that is that we would then need an explanation of how Bray's inner visions are airing on our TV. It's a Warrior in the mirror type of problem.
it's Bray Wyatt, explaining supernatural things have never been of anyone's concern. I rather believe that I can see into Bray's mind, that believe he is recording a Blue's Clues rip off. Suspend my disbelief or lose respect for the wrestler?
I'd rather believe that these are tapes Bray is sending in for some (possibly nefarious) purpose.

As for losing respect for the wrestler... it's Bray Wyatt. That went out the window when the bugs showed up on the mat at WrestleMania.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 29th, '19, 13:08

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 12:47
As for losing respect for the wrestler... it's Bray Wyatt. That went out the window when the bugs showed up on the mat at WrestleMania.
exactly, it's that stuff that at this point i rather just think he has the powers than explain giant maggots on the ring. I lost respect of him in real life work, i don't want to lose it in kayfabe too

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 29th, '19, 16:32

cero2k wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 12:03 Make Firefly Fun House a look into the mind of Bray Wyatt, but reveal that what he sees as puppets are actually real people, who come out with him, Mercy can have a bird mask, and Abby can be something of a copy of Su Yung's gimmick. And what he thinks he looks like in the Fun House, it's all in his head.
You're way, way overcomplicating this. "Evil man who disappeared for nearly a year, resurfaced as an evil Pee Wee Herman, who will eventually break and once again become the man he once was" is a fine gimmick trajectory to me.

But yes, the Buzzard and the Witch need to be real people, a la Baby Bop and BJ from "Barney and Friends" who Bray can squash once he turns evil again
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 29th, '19, 16:54

NWK2000 wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 16:32
You're way, way overcomplicating this. "Evil man who disappeared for nearly a year, resurfaced as an evil Pee Wee Herman, who will eventually break and once again become the man he once was" is a fine gimmick trajectory to me.

But yes, the Buzzard and the Witch need to be real people, a la Baby Bop and BJ from "Barney and Friends" who Bray can squash once he turns evil again
yeah, a lot simpler, but if 'going back to the way he was' is the end game, why even bother paying attention if we all know what he 'used to be' sucks? I rather see the story on how he became Pee Wee Herman to begin with

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 29th, '19, 17:09

cero2k wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 13:08
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 12:47
exactly, it's that stuff that at this point i rather just think he has the powers than explain giant maggots on the ring. I lost respect of him in real life work, i don't want to lose it in kayfabe too
Inside of kayfabe I lost respect for the character when he didn't use his magical powers of teleportation to stop Randy Orton from burning down his house.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 29th, '19, 17:10

cero2k wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 12:03 Make Firefly Fun House a look into the mind of Bray Wyatt, but reveal that what he sees as puppets are actually real people, who come out with him, Mercy can have a bird mask, and Abby can be something of a copy of Su Yung's gimmick. And what he thinks he looks like in the Fun House, it's all in his head.

They absolutely do not need to be real people. The puppets are elements for a children's show which is part of Bray's evil plot. That's all they need to be.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 29th, '19, 18:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 17:10

They absolutely do not need to be real people. The puppets are elements for a children's show which is part of Bray's evil plot. That's all they need to be.
I JUST WANT SOMEONE DRESSED AS AN ANIMAL MASCOT TO TAKE A SISTER ABIGAIL DAMN IT! IS THAT TOO MUCH?
yeah, a lot simpler, but if 'going back to the way he was' is the end game, why even bother paying attention if we all know what he 'used to be' sucks? I rather see the story on how he became Pee Wee Herman to begin with
I'm not saying it has to be immediate, but I'm just assuming that eventually they'll turn him back

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 29th, '19, 19:09

NWK2000 wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 18:10

I JUST WANT SOMEONE DRESSED AS AN ANIMAL MASCOT TO TAKE A SISTER ABIGAIL DAMN IT! IS THAT TOO MUCH?

Dude... I miss the Swagger Soaring Eagle, too, but the potential stupidity Vince could inflict on the world if you have Bray Wyatt seeing real people as puppets is just not worth it.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 29th, '19, 22:25

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 19:09
NWK2000 wrote: Apr 29th, '19, 18:10

seeing real people as puppets
When you put it like that, I concede

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 30th, '19, 09:13

I joked in another thread about it...
Who could possibly pull off coming to the ring dressed as a buzzard... making bird noises... taking on the villain role of Bray's conscience...

But joke's aside, I am all aboard a Bray-led stable of Marty as the #2, Nikki Cross, and somebody ridiculously opposite of who you'd expect as the rabbit... I don't know... Killian Dain would work, Lars Sullivan would work, that Divodksmkcic dude on NXT would work... somebody like that.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 30th, '19, 09:16

Bob-O wrote: Apr 30th, '19, 09:13 I joked in another thread about it...
Who could possibly pull off coming to the ring dressed as a buzzard... making bird noises... taking on the villain role of Bray's conscience...

But joke's aside, I am all aboard a Bray-led stable of Marty as the #2, Nikki Cross, and somebody ridiculously opposite of who you'd expect as the rabbit... I don't know... Killian Dain would work, Lars Sullivan would work, that Divodksmkcic dude on NXT would work... somebody like that.
The could totally just stick Sanity under masks and make them Bray's lackeys

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 30th, '19, 10:10

Marty?

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Apr 30th, '19, 15:06

Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 30th, '19, 10:10

Marty?
I imagine he's talking about your "Scull...Scurl...Scrul..Squirrel?"
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 30th, '19, 15:42

KILLdozer wrote: Apr 30th, '19, 15:06
Big Red Machine wrote: Apr 30th, '19, 10:10

Marty?
I imagine he's talking about your "Scull...Scurl...Scrul..Squirrel?"
That's the only one that came to mind for me, too, but all signs have pointed to him going to AEW, not WWE.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Apr 30th, '19, 19:43

:| Yes. Marty Scurll. The guy that wears the bird mask, makes bird noises, and claims to be a villain - I feel would be perfect for the role of Bray Wyatt's Buzzard and handcuff for the stable.

I'm not sold on any post ROH plans for him. His BTE buddies are in AEW, but he's been putting his wiener into NXT, so who knows if it's Bro's before Hoes with him or not...

I also see him as a bigger deal to WWE than he likely deserves to be, I really don't think they let him get away... big money and a main roster spot with creative direction already in motion right in the door with the opportunity to break out... I think he'd take it, and WWE kind of needs him to. Besides, with all his peers and buddies AEW Bound, he's pretty much peaked already surrounded by that crowd, not much to look forward to but undercard matches and secondary titles. The allure of WWE might spark him, even if it's just two years...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » May 2nd, '19, 11:24

You need to add Ramblin' Rabbit to the list.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » May 5th, '19, 20:32

just saw this on Impact's CODE RED show. Instead of the puppets being real people, now I want Bray to work the matches with the puppets in his hands, and they both have different wrestling styles, and their finishers are the mandible Claw and the Von Erich's claw.