OMFG THIS STUPID RONDA ROUSEY HORSE SH*T!

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

OMFG THIS STUPID RONDA ROUSEY HORSE SH*T!

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 8th, '19, 15:41

If we're all actually supposed to believe that Ronda is going to shoot on the other two at Mania, why would I think WWE would ever let her in the ring with the other two? Or even let her into the building ever again?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: OMFG THIS STUPID RONDA ROUSEY HORSE SH*T!

Post by cero2k » Mar 8th, '19, 16:10

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 15:41 If we're all actually supposed to believe that Ronda is going to shoot on the other two at Mania, why would I think WWE would ever let her in the ring with the other two? Or even let her into the building ever again?
you're only supposed to believe half of it. They're 'shoot' feuding, but the contract for the match is also 'shoot' legit and WWE can't stop the match?

It's completely stupid. I don't mind the idea, I like the idea, but the execution is terrible.

on Monday, Ronni 'shoot' attacked Becky's arm, and the next day, Becky didn't sell it. If anything else, they're making Ronda a super heel against the whole WWE.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Mar 8th, '19, 17:12

Big Red Machine wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 15:41 If we're all actually supposed to believe that Ronda is going to shoot on the other two at Mania, why would I think WWE would ever let her in the ring with the other two? Or even let her into the building ever again?
I watched the promo and the "shoot", this was like a whiny less cool version of Rocky Maivia's heel turn in 1997. She came in, did the whole smiling babyface thing because that's what she thought people wanted and then turned heel when she got disrespected . I never got the vibe she was "shoot fighting" as opposed to "worked fighting" I just got the vibe that she hit harder than she did as a babyface? What exactly did she do in the ring that was supposed to indicate this was a shoot as opposed to a work
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

XIV

Post by XIV » Mar 8th, '19, 23:45

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 17:12
I watched the promo and the "shoot", this was like a whiny less cool version of Rocky Maivia's heel turn in 1997. She came in, did the whole smiling babyface thing because that's what she thought people wanted and then turned heel when she got disrespected . I never got the vibe she was "shoot fighting" as opposed to "worked fighting" I just got the vibe that she hit harder than she did as a babyface? What exactly did she do in the ring that was supposed to indicate this was a shoot as opposed to a work
Stiffer work.
Have A Nice Day!

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 9th, '19, 00:48

You're pretty much supposed to think everything in that ring is "shoot fighting", as in not fake wrestling...then you turn around and post something like this...just wrap your head around it lol...

Within the wrestling world, it's all real shoot fighting anyway. Fuck Rhonda Rousey. Chill out brother.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 9th, '19, 08:09

As a fan, it's just all so confusing.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 9th, '19, 11:08

So apparently they're having Heyman write for Rhonda through this, which for some odd reason helps it make sense. If it doesn't get lost in translation between Heyman and TV, it might turn out ok.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 9th, '19, 13:34

She's still garbage. You're not gonna super-work the people into buying into her, even though this is probably what it would take.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Mar 9th, '19, 14:17

And yeah, you gotta chill out brother-Brm.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Mar 9th, '19, 17:10

KILLdozer wrote: Mar 9th, '19, 13:34 She's still garbage. You're not gonna super-work the people into buying into her, even though this is probably what it would take.
I agree. But, now that I know it's a Heyman thing, it makes sense. If Heyman is tasked with getting Rhonda heat, this is textbook Heyman character development.

Rhonda's Strengths: Being Famous. Beating People Up For Real.

Rhonda's Weaknesses: Not A Pro Wrestler. Can't Take Criticism. Losing.

So, and I can't help but write this in Heyman's voice... we don't push Rhonda as Raw Women's Champion Pro Wrestler, we push her as RHONDA FUCKING ROUSEY who doesn't need this place, but can and WILL beat. your. ASS. if you ask her to leave this place. Rhonda Rousey does... what Rhonda Rousey WANTS because, who's going to stop her? She got 'A' LEVEL FAMOUS for winning ACTUAL fights! WWE needs her more than she needs them, so fuck 'em. She might not have the unspoken rules of the business ironed out, but SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO, SHE'S RHONDA ROUSEY!!! The fans don't like it, oh well! As long as they know, win or lose, the match is over when Rhonda says it's over. These girls ARE better WRESTLERS than Rhonda Rousey, let's stop trying to deny that and turn up the volume on what this REALLY boils down to.

He does this sort of thing with Brock a lot, and I think this is what he's going for here...

...but now he's got an actual speaking character to work with. Like I said, I'm not defending any of it, but it makes sense now, where before I just thought Rhonda looked like an idiot.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 9th, '19, 20:31

NWK2000 wrote: Mar 8th, '19, 17:12
It wasn't anything she did in the ring. It's the promo she cut on Instagram where she says she won't be following the script or playing a character anymore This is nothing like The Rock because The Rock never said anything was fake or talked about a script. He transitioned naturally as a character over a period of months.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Mar 9th, '19, 21:35

Bob-O wrote: Mar 9th, '19, 17:10
KILLdozer wrote: Mar 9th, '19, 13:34 She's still garbage. You're not gonna super-work the people into buying into her, even though this is probably what it would take.
I agree. But, now that I know it's a Heyman thing, it makes sense. If Heyman is tasked with getting Rhonda heat, this is textbook Heyman character development.

Rhonda's Strengths: Being Famous. Beating People Up For Real.

Rhonda's Weaknesses: Not A Pro Wrestler. Can't Take Criticism. Losing.

So, and I can't help but write this in Heyman's voice... we don't push Rhonda as Raw Women's Champion Pro Wrestler, we push her as RHONDA FUCKING ROUSEY who doesn't need this place, but can and WILL beat. your. ASS. if you ask her to leave this place. Rhonda Rousey does... what Rhonda Rousey WANTS because, who's going to stop her? She got 'A' LEVEL FAMOUS for winning ACTUAL fights! WWE needs her more than she needs them, so fuck 'em. She might not have the unspoken rules of the business ironed out, but SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO, SHE'S RHONDA ROUSEY!!! The fans don't like it, oh well! As long as they know, win or lose, the match is over when Rhonda says it's over. These girls ARE better WRESTLERS than Rhonda Rousey, let's stop trying to deny that and turn up the volume on what this REALLY boils down to.

He does this sort of thing with Brock a lot, and I think this is what he's going for here...

...but now he's got an actual speaking character to work with. Like I said, I'm not defending any of it, but it makes sense now, where before I just thought Rhonda looked like an idiot.
That doesn't solve the problems, though:

1. They stuck Becky on TV last night and her arm was fine, so we now all know that Ronda didn't shoot on her.
2. If the idea is to make us think that Ronda might shoot on Becky and Charlotte at Mania it's going to be exposed as a work really quickly when Ronda doesn't win in ten seconds, and doubly so when Becky makes Ronda tap out, so you haven't actually gained anything.
3. In order not to expose it, you have to put Ronda over, which doesn't help anybody and will also probably cause a riot.

The best take on this so far has come from- as usual- Lance Storm, who pointed out that doing this angle won't get WWE any more money because Mania is all sold out already, and anyone who gets drawn in by this enough to sign up for the Network to see Mania is getting their first months free anyway, producing zero extra dollars. It might pop a rating for one week, but it will be exposed pretty quickly that this is all a work (if it wasn't, there is no way they'd let Ronda into the building) so you won't even sustain the ratings bump. Meanwhile all it does is piss off people who don't like this kind of thing, so you're alienating part of your fanbase for ZERO GAIN.

The issue is that at this point this angle has become so convoluted that it wouldn't shock me one bit of things turned in a totally different direction next week. That's what has happened every other week since the Rumble so why not next week, too?

Every f*cking week my desire to see this match decreases. Remember when Becky vs. Ronda was the coolest, hottest thing ever? Well they've completely killed it because of an inability to just do the simple thing and have two badasses cut promos on each other week after week and then have a championship match at the end of it. After the Rumble Becky should have been kicking people's asses and running her mouth on Ronnie every week on SD, while on Raw Ronda is mostly trying to ignore her and focus on her title defenses, which gets under Becky's skin to lead to a confrontation at a PPV that people quickly break up. Keep going with the promos with Becky being her smack-talking self while Ronda is mostly just being in training videos with Nattie and the Horsewomen while occasionally cutting a promo that basically says "you can keep running your mouth all you want, but the moment you actually have to step into the ring with me, your ass is dead meat." Do one- JUST ONE- angle towards the end where Becky shows up on Raw univnited to get in Ronda's face, and that was all they needed to do.
But no. Instead of just sitting back and counting the money they'd have been making with increased Network subscriptions and Ronda vs. Becky t-shirts, they had to tell their "story." And their "story" F*CKING SUCKED FROM DAY ONE. Even before Charlotte was added this sh*t made no sense. It feels like one of those chain stories where everyone takes a turn writing a chapter, but they haven't actually coordinated what their plan is so each week the writer whose turn it is just writes the characters into whatever role he/she wants regardless of what they did last week and steers the direction of the story to what he/she wants it to be... and then the next week the next writer does the same thing, even if it's a complete and total one-eighty from what happened the previous week.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation