FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Re: Defintiely Wasn't Ever Expecting to See This Guy Around WWE Again

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '18, 19:59

Not just seeing Jarrett casually on WWE TV (not TV) but...

...in two and a half minutes he not only talked about NFL Football (HAS to be a red flag for many reasons), he talked up the Titans who play the Giants (basically WWE's home team) on the day of a PPV, he reminded us that he pushed AJ Styles years ago in another company, and they reminded us of The Good Housekeeping Match.

What a ride! Thanks for sharing!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '18, 21:04

Bob-O wrote: Dec 12th, '18, 19:59 Not just seeing Jarrett casually on WWE TV (not TV) but...

...in two and a half minutes he not only talked about NFL Football (HAS to be a red flag for many reasons), he talked up the Titans who play the Giants (basically WWE's home team) on the day of a PPV, he reminded us that he pushed AJ Styles years ago in another company, and they reminded us of The Good Housekeeping Match.

What a ride! Thanks for sharing!
You know the Jets play in the same stadium as the Giants, right? The Giants aren't WWE's default home-team.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '18, 21:39

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '18, 21:04 You know the Jets play in the same stadium as the Giants, right? The Giants aren't WWE's default home-team.
Haha! I actually did not know that! I thought it was more of a Mets/Yankees or Rangers/Islanders/Devils thing. How's that work!? Can you have an honest "Home Game" when you're living with a roommate? No wonder they're both terrible...

Anyway, The Giants fit my narrative, but tbh I'm pretty sure the McMahon's are Jets fans...

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 12th, '18, 21:59

Bob-O wrote: Dec 12th, '18, 21:39
Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '18, 21:04 You know the Jets play in the same stadium as the Giants, right? The Giants aren't WWE's default home-team.
Haha! I actually did not know that! I thought it was more of a Mets/Yankees or Rangers/Islanders/Devils thing. How's that work!? Can you have an honest "Home Game" when you're living with a roommate? No wonder they're both terrible...

Anyway, The Giants fit my narrative, but tbh I'm pretty sure the McMahon's are Jets fans...
No. Those two play in the same stadium, though the Jets have been trying to move out for years (like, even since before they build the new one they used to play in the same place). It's not really an issue because they only play each other once every four years or something.
The "honest home game" thing is just something we're used to. There are theoretically three hockey teams in the market, but only Rangers fans actually buy tickets, so when they play the Islanders on the Islands it's like 50-50 and when they play the Devils in NJ it's like 75-25 Rangers anyway.
Fun fact: the Yankees, Mets, and Rangers all are basically playing home games any time they go to Florida for a game.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 12th, '18, 22:14

Big Red Machine wrote: Dec 12th, '18, 21:59 Fun fact: the Yankees, Mets, and Rangers all are basically playing home games any time they go to Florida for a game.
So kind of like when the Ravens play in Cleveland... hey-yoooo!

I think that's what WWE is trying to accomplish as well. In another 5 years, most of the roster will be living in Orlando.