WWE Explains The Difference Between Hardcore, No DQ, No Holds Barred, and Street Fight

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions

Big Red Machine

Re: WWE Explains The Difference Between Hardcore, No DQ, No Holds Barred, and Street Fight

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 15th, '18, 09:46

I think there is some confusion here, as I specifically remember Hardcore Matches having Falls Count Anywhere rules but don't remember any such thing about a Street Fight. Also, wouldn't it make more sense that "No DQs" would have more of a pro-weapons emphasis than "No Holds Barred?" You'd think No Holds Barred would be more like EVOLVE's version of the match where they emphasize the fact that you can do stuff like holds using the ropes and fishhooks and whatever.

I also don't ever remember someone getting counted out in a No DQs match. And how the hell can you have rules that tell you that certain rules "often" are observed in a certain match?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: WWE Explains The Difference Between Hardcore, No DQ, No Holds Barred, and Street Fight

Post by cero2k » Aug 15th, '18, 12:45

they way that i thought they were:

Hardcore Match - No DQs, No countouts, falls count anywhere (see 24/7 rule for god's sake). Later renamed Extreme Rules

No-DQs: straight forward, no DQs, but countouts are legal, finish must happen inside the ring.

No Holds Barred Match - No DQs, no countouts, falls happen in the ring.

Street Fight: See No Holds Barred, but wearing jeans and weapons may have a theme.

I don't think there is ever an emphasis on weapons, but i guess the hardcore match and street fight would feature more. In that sense I feel Street Fights would tend to spill out into the backstage area more
I also don't ever remember someone getting counted out in a No DQs match.
from your RAW recap 6/3/2013

NO DISQUALIFICATION MATCH: John Cena vs. Curtis Axel (w/Paul Heyman)- 6.75/10
I could have done without Cena kicking out of Axel’s finish onto a steel chair in just his third match. I also could have done without the announcers reminding me that this is a No Disqualifications match every three seconds. As for what I could have done with… how about Axel actually getting to PIN Cena after Ryback’s interference. I mean COME ON! Count-outs in a No DQ’s match? At least Axel got to look very strong here.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 15th, '18, 13:39

LOL. Remember when Curtis Axel was at the level that he was beating Triple H and John Cena?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 15th, '18, 14:07

Yeah Idk what happened there lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 18th, '18, 15:20

Axel with Paul Heyman beats H and Cena...then becomes the stupidest idiot on the roster...what happened lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.