Flashback To Heel R-Truth:The Best Natural Fresh Thing of The Last Ten Years.

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
KILLdozer

Flashback To Heel R-Truth:The Best Natural Fresh Thing of The Last Ten Years.

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 9th, '18, 18:45

Why he never actually won it all and instead just moved right back down, immediately after, is beyond me still. Right up there with the fucking up of Ryback.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Re: Flashback To Heel R-Truth:The Best Natural Fresh Thing of The Last Ten Years.

Post by Bob-O » Aug 9th, '18, 19:35

I'd say worse than Ryback. Truth is/was so versatile. Face, heel, psycho, goofy, serious... he's shown he can get over with whatever they need. He's not bad in the ring, he stayed out of trouble... he's black...

...his enhancement work over the years is baffling.

His heel work with Cena was by far the best of his career. He killed it! I'm guessing the ppv didn't sell well, because I honestly thought they had a new star after that.

KILLdozer

Re: Flashback To Heel R-Truth:The Best Natural Fresh Thing of The Last Ten Years.

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 9th, '18, 19:44

Yeah I figured it was certainly that time for him, he was destroying literally everything each and every week. Then again, It's possibly a legitimate case of "refusing to build another star at Cena's expense and actually take the belt off of him".

Classic.

Maybe it was kind of like a Kane thing, who I've heard just DOESN'T WANT the schedule and shit that comes with being on top.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 9th, '18, 19:47

Yeah though, maybe worse than Ryback in the fact that he was RIGHT THERE that close to that next level and they just wouldn't do it. Remember the immediate part when he actually turned? Just starts smokin' in England lmao. "No smoking indoors" .

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Aug 9th, '18, 19:47

Truth is a living warning to all talent, never botch a line, never show that you can be funny, cuz otherwise you'll never get out of it.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 9th, '18, 20:28

You guys do realize that if Truth beats Cena, we don't get the Punk pipebomb and rise, right?
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 9th, '18, 23:03

So fuckin' what. That guy ain't all that.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 9th, '18, 23:04

I'd much rather have seen R-Truth as champion that long instead.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Aug 10th, '18, 07:17

KILLdozer wrote: Aug 9th, '18, 19:47 Yeah though, maybe worse than Ryback in the fact that he was RIGHT THERE that close to that next level and they just wouldn't do it. Remember the immediate part when he actually turned? Just starts smokin' in England lmao. "No smoking indoors" .
I say worse than Ryback because Ryback was one dimensional. Truth has proven he can do anything they need at a high level. The crowd eats out of his hands with whatever he has to say, where Ryback was one catch phrase.
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 9th, '18, 20:28 You guys do realize that if Truth beats Cena, we don't get the Punk pipebomb and rise, right?
Why not? I'm not suggesting Truth should have replaced Cena or even had a run with the title. I'm saying, Truth proved that he belonged at the top of the card and they immediately demoted him back to comedy/enhancement. He made the tournament for the vacant title, but that was it, and if you look at the names in that tournament it's a sad sad testament of how thin they were on main event talent. They absolutely could have rolled with Punk/Cena and still pushed Truth.

I don't think the "cena wins lol" meme has anything to do with Cena WINNING, it was what they did to the guys after he beat them, which I think the casualty with the highest potential was Truth. Bar none.

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Aug 10th, '18, 08:09

Wrestlers that are such despicable people they don't get music makes me mark out every time. Lookin at you too Ciampa.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 10th, '18, 09:00

Bob-O wrote: Aug 10th, '18, 07:17
Big Red Machine wrote: Aug 9th, '18, 20:28 You guys do realize that if Truth beats Cena, we don't get the Punk pipebomb and rise, right?
Why not? I'm not suggesting Truth should have replaced Cena or even had a run with the title. I'm saying, Truth proved that he belonged at the top of the card and they immediately demoted him back to comedy/enhancement. He made the tournament for the vacant title, but that was it, and if you look at the names in that tournament it's a sad sad testament of how thin they were on main event talent. They absolutely could have rolled with Punk/Cena and still pushed Truth.

I don't think the "cena wins lol" meme has anything to do with Cena WINNING, it was what they did to the guys after he beat them, which I think the casualty with the highest potential was Truth. Bar none.
Dozer specifically suggested in the original post that he should have "won it all." I, too, think they should have kept the push up, though I prefer babyface big star Ron Killings a la his TNA run to top heel Ron Killings.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 09:40

Lol yeah, when he walks out with no music because "there's not gonna be any singin' and dancin' for any little jimmies".

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 09:44

This was a man that had me entertained weekly like no other in a long time, but nope no title win. They still did the "ha Cena won ha got em!" thing with Rusev a ways back though, and even that wasn't nearly as bad if you look at how things have respectively for each since then.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 14:26

Then there's this...

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Aug 10th, '18, 15:20

The segment that followed: literally the only thing bad about this topic is I've been reminded of "the anonymous RAW general manager over here..."

There's actually "R-Truth and Little Jimmy-outside the ring" though...wow this is gonna be great.