What NWK liked about Extreme Rules 2018

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
NWK2000

What NWK liked about Extreme Rules 2018

Post by NWK2000 » Jul 16th, '18, 20:08

At the request of BRM, I've made a list of things I liked about Extreme Rules 2018. Now keep in mind this wasn't a review I was expecting to do, so it's more of a list and less coherent, plus I only read about the TV here

-I liked that SAnity won against The New Day. I had heard they were being jobbed out on TV, so a win means they aren't completely set on burying them.
- I like the B-Team, and appreciate the fact they won the tag titles. One of the highlights of the post show was Curtis and Axel celebrating, standing on the desk and acting like this is the most important win of their lives. The B-Team may be a dumb gimmick, but I appreciate the energy Bo and Curtis bring to it. Also the Stretch Armstrong on the moon post match promo popped me.

-I liked Corbin vs Balor. Corbin was the big powerful heel and through guts, determination and cleverness Finn picked up the win. I went into this match convinced they'd have an authority figure who shouldn't be winning matches win.

-I liked that Carmella used Ellsworth's tomfoolery to beat Asuka. If you personally are upset by this, you're being worked. The heel is supposed to win matches via methods of ill-repute, which she did. She further put icing on this cake by leaving Ellsworth to die. I could also believe being rammed face first into a metal shark cage, especially with the noise it made, was enough to knock Asuka out.

-I enjoy the manner in which Nakamura won the US title from Jeff. It just fit his character to go for a low blow and immediately win. The Orton bit got boos from the crowd, and I'm intrigued to see where that goes.

-I liked that The Bludgeon Brothers retained. When they did the injury angle I was convinced they'd have Kane clear house and beat one of my favorite current teams clean. But alas, they did not, and I was a happy man as a result.

-BOB BEAT ROMAN CLEAN! I'm no Roman hater, in fact I enjoy his in ring work more than most, but I was so worried that they'd relegate Bobby to nothing for no reason. And I would also be okay with Bob vs Brock at Summerslam, with Brock's UFC date impending, why not have him beat a guy in a brutal MMA style match and then have him lose MITB to Braun on his way out. Would be more interesting at this point than Brock vs Roman again.

- I like Kevin Owens vs Braun, especially the finish. No particular reason, it just brings out my inner child when Braun does something insane. Also people seem to approve of Braun being a dick, so yay?

-AJ vs Rusev was a good match. I think this might have been low key a babyface turn for Rusev and English as Rusev sold for most of the match.

-I liked the Iron Man match. I liked the story of Seth hitting big moves early, and then Drew getting Dolph DQed to allow Dolph to pick up more falls. I was upset the commentators didn't draw comparisons to the Brock/Angle Iron Man match in this regard, but small nitpick I also liked that Dolph pulled out the sneaky win in overtime. I debated the finish with a friend, and I determined that "last fall wins" meant no do-overs regardless of what happens" . And when they announced sudden death I was convinced Seth was winning, so it was a nice swerve. Plus, with Brock seldom around, they need a top heel unit, and having just screwed over in my opinion one of babyfaces in Seth puts Ziggs and McIntyre there.

- I liked that I didn't put a foot through my TV as I was planning to do because of the fucking countdown chants.
- I like to fantasize about how if I was running WWE, the people chanting that would have their information catalogued and if they tried to buy a ticket to a WWE show ever again they would be refused.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Re: What NWK liked about Extreme Rules 2018

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 16th, '18, 20:25

NWK2000 wrote: Jul 16th, '18, 20:08
- I like to fantasize about how if I was running WWE, the people chanting that would have their information catalogued and if they tried to buy a ticket to a WWE show ever again they would be refused.
If it was me, I'd set up all of the chairs in the arena like the chairs at SPECTRE meetings and any fans engaging in idiotic behavior would immediately be electrocuted until they learned how to not be stupid.

Also, Matt Striker would be tied up in front of the arena, and I would have bottles of boiling oil that fans could buy for $5 and poor into one of his orifices.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Re: What NWK liked about Extreme Rules 2018

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 16th, '18, 20:27

SO basically what I surmise is that you liked the finishes. In a vacuum, I don't think that most of the finishes were bad, but seeing them all together on the same show, with the matches being so mediocre, was the problem. If you enjoyed seeing Carmella used Ellsworth's tomfoolery to beat Asuka, I'd recommend that you watch every single episode of Smackdown between the previous PPV and this one, because that happened on all four of those shows.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3