WWE Presents... The Most Jobberiffic Tournament in History!

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

WWE Presents... The Most Jobberiffic Tournament in History!

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 28th, '17, 16:44

There's nothing that says "this is a jobber belt" like not putting your top stars in a tournament because you don't want to put the belt on them but also don't want them to have to do jobs to the people in the tournament. Yes, Owens & Zayn not being in it can be attributed to a punishment by Shane, but why are Orton and Nakamura not in this tournament, but five eighths of the field is either tag team wrestlers or guys who are so undercard that they haven't been on Smackdown for two weeks... and included in those two weeks was both the go-home show and the fallout show for a PPV that they had a match on (okay, a match on the pre-show of, but still). At least put f*cking Sin Cara in instead of English so that people don't get upset that it's not Rusev in the match.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Serujuunin

Re: WWE Presents... The Most Jobberiffic Tournament in History!

Post by Serujuunin » Dec 28th, '17, 19:14

And what the hell has Xavier Woods done to get into this tournament? Outside of the New Day he hasn't done anything really noteworthy... And you know they're going to waste that Ryder v Rawley and not give it the grudge match feel it ought to, and so no one is going to care about it any more than we already did or didn't.

Just when I start to think they're getting better, they take two more steps backwards.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Dec 30th, '17, 07:23

Heel turn Mojo Riley wins lol.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Dec 30th, '17, 20:03

Sometimes the belt elevates the performer, sometimes the performer elevates the belt. Definitely looking like a "TV Title" tournament, but I don't think Mahal or Roode would tarnish The US Title's reputation, and I think it'd be a nice opportunity for Mojo (HEEL TURN MOJO WINS! - love it), or even Woods who I think could do something with it. Don't sleep on Ryder either, who would also benefit from a Mojo win/feud. Ryder's always been a squandered opportunity for them, he's incredibly entertaining.

I'm ok with this, I hate it when they feel the need to put the secondary titles on guys like Cena and Roman. It's awkward.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 30th, '17, 21:50

Bob-O wrote: Dec 30th, '17, 20:03 Sometimes the belt elevates the performer, sometimes the performer elevates the belt. Definitely looking like a "TV Title" tournament, but I don't think Mahal or Roode would tarnish The US Title's reputation, and I think it'd be a nice opportunity for Mojo (HEEL TURN MOJO WINS! - love it), or even Woods who I think could do something with it. Don't sleep on Ryder either, who would also benefit from a Mojo win/feud. Ryder's always been a squandered opportunity for them, he's incredibly entertaining.

I'm ok with this, I hate it when they feel the need to put the secondary titles on guys like Cena and Roman. It's awkward.
Roode and Mahal and Corbin aren't the problem. It's the other guys that are the problem. Not them specifically, but the fact that they're getting this opportunity for nothing and after having been made to look so unimportant. Woods I'm kind of fine with but not really. I'd much rather see Big E. or Kofi (though I think Kofi might be injured because it seems like Woods & Big E. have wrestled all of New Day's matches recently). With Ryder and Mojo I'm more annoyed that they're doing a rematch as part of a tournament right after Mojo beat Ryder clean at the PPV because it makes Mojo's win mean nothing, and the fact that they didn't do anything with their of them this week just makes them look like losers who have no chance of winning. If they had replaced Ryder with Sin Cara and let Mojo squash a jobber this week on Smackdown it would have been much better.

Take Woods out for Big E., take English out for Rusev, take Ryder out for Sin Cara or someone like that and I'm mostly fine with this. It's just the at combination of guys in the bottom half of the bracket combined with the way this whole thing has been thrown together makes it look unimportant. It's like it's a four-man tournament with Corbin, Roode, Jinder, and Tye, and they threw the rest of the bracket together just to do things for other feuds.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3