How WWE handles the Reigns' booes: "That Right There, That Don't Make Sense At All"

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: How WWE handles the Reigns' booes: "That Right There, That Don't Make Sense At All"

Post by cero2k » Sep 27th, '17, 12:32

I honestly do believe they're THAT delusional that fans just pick sides

Big Red Machine

Re: How WWE handles the Reigns' booes: "That Right There, That Don't Make Sense At All"

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 27th, '17, 13:02

cero2k wrote: Sep 27th, '17, 12:32 I honestly do believe they're THAT delusional that fans just pick sides
I mean... on some level they're right. That's how guys like Dillinger and Adam Rose and (to a lesser extent Dalton Castle) become a thing. But in this case that's not the issue, just like it wasn't with Cena and just like it wasn't with fans booing Hogan in WCW before he turned heel, and the fact that seems completely seems completely unwilling to acknowledge (never mind actually address) the issues behind the reaction to Roman is both troubling and disheartening. It's one of those issues that just makes me think that the sooner Hunter takes full control the better.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 27th, '17, 14:47

Dillinger, Rose, or Castle weren't a case of the fans picking a side, all those guys had 'something' that was unique and appealing to the fans, as stupid and little as that little thing was, it's what people got behind off. I think a good example of picking sides would be more like the young bucks, where you either love them, or love to hate them, but there is always a strong reaction to them.

but anyway, it is troublesome to see that this unwillingness to address and acknowledge that the Reigns project is not working and is being rejected by the fans, has made it to even the comic books. I wouldn't be surprised if at this point, Reigns' winning animation for WWE2K18 is the opponent lifting Reign's hands and point at him like "check out this guy!"

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 27th, '17, 15:11

cero2k wrote: Sep 27th, '17, 14:47 Dillinger, Rose, or Castle weren't a case of the fans picking a side, all those guys had 'something' that was unique and appealing to the fans, as stupid and little as that little thing was, it's what people got behind off. I think a good example of picking sides would be more like the young bucks, where you either love them, or love to hate them, but there is always a strong reaction to them.
With Rose and Castle I will say it is fair to say they had something unique, but not Dillinger. That was just a dumb chant that fans decided to do. Rose and Castle had something (in Dalton's case the Boys and his promos, in Rose's case the Rosebuds and the fun music) about about act that clicked and made people want to like them. Dillinger has a gimmick that has been done a million times before. This time the fans just decided that they wanted something to chant all the time, so Dillinger, a career developmental dork, got changed from undercard heel to midcard babyface. I find the whole thing with Dillinger to be a real-life example of those arguments that WWE used to make internally to convince themselves that Dragon wasn't over: people like to chant the chant but don't actually care about the guy. And that's what wound up happening with Fandango and Rose, too.
Another example of fans just deciding to like something for no real reason is Darryl Takahashi.
cero2k wrote: Sep 27th, '17, 14:47 but anyway, it is troublesome to see that this unwillingness to address and acknowledge that the Reigns project is not working and is being rejected by the fans, has made it to even the comic books.
I'm also bothered by this revisionist idea that the Wild Samoans didn't do some things that were legit heelish as well. They did attack the babyfaces and associate with a known scumbag in Lou Albano and all of that.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3