Ridiculous Note About Title Matches At No Mercy.

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
KILLdozer

Ridiculous Note About Title Matches At No Mercy.

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 25th, '17, 13:15

So, at the moment, I don't have a lot to say, but more is to come later, but...wtf?

Enzo Amore of all people is given the cruiserweight title, for whatever reason, absolutely unknown to man, while Strowman loses the universal title match, when this guy has been arguably hotter than anyone else in the WWE for a Long time now. Killed Brock Lesnar in ways pretty much no one has since his return these Past few years, over and over and over again, only to be defeated by an F5 in the main event, when it should have absolutely been the coming of Strowman.

Alright let's get it started- thoughts, opinions, points and counterpoints, questions, etc.
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Ridiculous Note About Title Matches At No Mercy.

Post by cero2k » Sep 25th, '17, 13:28

did you at any point think that Strowman was winning and Enzo losing?

Strowman had been build for months to be a stepping stone for Reigns and Lesnar since that's the WM main event.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '17, 13:48

cero2k wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 13:28 did you at any point think that Strowman was winning and Enzo losing?

Strowman had been build for months to be a stepping stone for Reigns and Lesnar since that's the WM main event.
I thought they would have Braun beat Brock and then lose the belt back to him at the Royal Rumble.
And I did actually expect Enzo to not walk out with the belt, either because of Neville cheating and getting away with it, purposely getting DQed, or walking out.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '17, 13:49

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 13:15 So, at the moment, I don't have a lot to say, but more is to come later, but...wtf?

Enzo Amore of all people is given the cruiserweight title, for whatever reason, absolutely unknown to man, while Strowman loses the universal title match, when this guy has been arguably hotter than anyone else in the WWE for a Long time now. Killed Brock Lesnar in ways pretty much no one has since his return these Past few years, over and over and over again, only to be defeated by an F5 in the main event, when it should have absolutely been the coming of Strowman.

Alright let's get it started- thoughts, opinions, points and counterpoints, questions, etc.
Totally agree with you about Strowman. I thought the booking of the women's and tag title matches was pretty perfect, though.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 25th, '17, 14:08

I was pissed about Strowman too, there’s no way Lesnar should have won that with one F5- and a sloppy one at that- when Strowman was whooping him all match. I was mostly pleased with the other title matches (I’m honestly indifferent to the Cruiserweight title at the moment, because I feel like Enzo is going to be Tozawa-ed) but I don’t think Alexa should have pinned Bayley, she should have pinned Emma.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 25th, '17, 14:16

Serujuunin wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 14:08 I was pissed about Strowman too, there’s no way Lesnar should have won that with one F5- and a sloppy one at that- when Strowman was whooping him all match. I was mostly pleased with the other title matches (I’m honestly indifferent to the Cruiserweight title at the moment, because I feel like Enzo is going to be Tozawa-ed) but I don’t think Alexa should have pinned Bayley, she should have pinned Emma.
Yeah, one F5 and he came back from 3 Powerslams, when a Chokeslam and a Powerslam or 2 has left him laying for weeks?;

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 25th, '17, 14:35

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 14:16
Serujuunin wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 14:08 I was pissed about Strowman too, there’s no way Lesnar should have won that with one F5- and a sloppy one at that- when Strowman was whooping him all match. I was mostly pleased with the other title matches (I’m honestly indifferent to the Cruiserweight title at the moment, because I feel like Enzo is going to be Tozawa-ed) but I don’t think Alexa should have pinned Bayley, she should have pinned Emma.
Yeah, one F5 and he came back from 3 Powerslams, when a Chokeslam and a Powerslam or 2 has left him laying for weeks?;
they're building the F-5 towards Wrestlemania, Joe died at 1 F-5, Strowman died at 1 f-5. Whoever comes next will all lose with just one F-5 so by the time that WM comes and it's Reigns vs Lesnar, Lesnar will not only be an unstoppable champion, but will have the finisher that kills everyone, and so when he hits one on Reigns, and Reigns kicks out, it will be huge.

It's all about Reigns' coronation.

Don't even be surprised if Lesnar beats the Demon Balor with one F-5

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '17, 14:50

cero2k wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 14:35
KILLdozer wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 14:16
they're building the F-5 towards Wrestlemania, Joe died at 1 F-5, Strowman died at 1 f-5. Whoever comes next will all lose with just one F-5 so by the time that WM comes and it's Reigns vs Lesnar, Lesnar will not only be an unstoppable champion, but will have the finisher that kills everyone, and so when he hits one on Reigns, and Reigns kicks out, it will be huge.

It's all about Reigns' coronation.

Don't even be surprised if Lesnar beats the Demon Balor with one F-5
Then don't have the match go a mere nine minutes with Brock getting to kick out of everything Braun has. Give it twenty minutes and use all of the suplexes and F-5 teases to build it up!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 25th, '17, 15:21

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 14:50
Then don't have the match go a mere nine minutes with Brock getting to kick out of everything Braun has. Give it twenty minutes and use all of the suplexes and F-5 teases to build it up!
well, you're also building Lesnar as a wrecking ball. Reigns had trouble with Strowman, Lesnar ran over him. Also, I don't think Braun can go 20 minutes one on one without the match being a destruction derby

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 25th, '17, 15:23

cero2k wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:21
well, you're also building Lesnar as a wrecking ball. Reigns had trouble with Strowman, Lesnar ran over him. Also, I don't think Braun can go 20 minutes one on one without the match being a destruction derby
I don’t think Lesnar can go a solid 20 minutes at all anymore. He seems to get gassed super early.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '17, 15:30

cero2k wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:21
If Braun can't go twenty then at least give me fifteen in my f*cking PPV main event. As for the idea of building Brock as a wrecking ball... to what end? To make it look even more impressive when Roman finally beats him? Do they really think that's going to matter? It won't change anyone's opinions on Roman, but it does hurt guys like Joe and Braun and Balor. And it's not like the announcers ever talk up the length of the match afterwards, so it's not really even going to matter to most people that Roman beat Brock after Brock a bunch of guys 5-9 minutes than rather than beating Brock after Brock beat a bunch of guys in 15-20 minutes. The amount of people they've thrown under the bus to get Roman over as the top babyface when a large majority of the fanbase have very plainly told them that we have no interest in seeing Roman the top babyface is utterly astounding.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 25th, '17, 15:38

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:30
If Braun can't go twenty then at least give me fifteen in my f*cking PPV main event. As for the idea of building Brock as a wrecking ball... to what end? To make it look even more impressive when Roman finally beats him? Do they really think that's going to matter? It won't change anyone's opinions on Roman, but it does hurt guys like Joe and Braun and Balor. And it's not like the announcers ever talk up the length of the match afterwards, so it's not really even going to matter to most people that Roman beat Brock after Brock a bunch of guys 5-9 minutes than rather than beating Brock after Brock beat a bunch of guys in 15-20 minutes. The amount of people they've thrown under the bus to get Roman over as the top babyface when a large majority of the fanbase have very plainly told them that we have no interest in seeing Roman the top babyface is utterly astounding.
you're preaching to the choir here, but yes, it's all about that big WM Reigns coronation, you saw that Cena match, he decimated the (as Cole wouldn't shut up about) "The Greatest Of All Time"

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 25th, '17, 15:47

Reigns had that coronation. Pretty much exactly the same except there's a few different people , and still Lesnar at the end. Someone on Fb mentioned that Strowman walked off the whole ambulance crash thing, but one F5 is too much. What exact message are they attempting to send to their audience?

This guy slamming him is much more dangerous than that guy crashing a car? Do they not give a shit about long term consistent viewers?

Answer: Obviously not.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 25th, '17, 15:56

KILLdozer wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:47 Reigns had that coronation. Pretty much exactly the same except there's a few different people , and still Lesnar at the end. Someone on Fb mentioned that Strowman walked off the whole ambulance crash thing, but one F5 is too much. What exact message are they attempting to send to their audience?

This guy slamming him is much more dangerous than that guy crashing a car? Do they not give a shit about long term consistent viewers?

Answer: Obviously not.
they're trying to make it seem that an f-5 is more devastating than a car crash and at the end Reigns is gonna kick out of it. This is WWE we're talking about, they don't give a fuck about what ya'll think as long as you give them your money

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '17, 15:58

cero2k wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:38
Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:30
you're preaching to the choir here, but yes, it's all about that big WM Reigns coronation, you saw that Cena match, he decimated the (as Cole wouldn't shut up about) "The Greatest Of All Time"
But that doesn't mean that you have to hurt Braun like that.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 25th, '17, 16:02

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:58
I didn't think he was thaat hurt and they can just make him strong again since Lesnar is probably now gone until Survivor Series. Like i said, this is WWE, they'll stop at nothing to have their poster boy. We saw it with Hogan, with Cena, and now Reigns, it's been happening for the last 4 yrs now

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '17, 16:30

cero2k wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 16:02
Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 25th, '17, 15:58
I didn't think he was thaat hurt and they can just make him strong again since Lesnar is probably now gone until Survivor Series. Like i said, this is WWE, they'll stop at nothing to have their poster boy. We saw it with Hogan, with Cena, and now Reigns, it's been happening for the last 4 yrs now
Any amount of repeated failures will hurt someone. This was just as true for Tyler Black in ROH in 2009 as it has been for Dolph Ziggler for the past few years, and think of how different those two companies are. The physically larger a guy is, the more each failure kills his aura. Braun is about as big as they come. Getting put down so quickly is terrible for him.

With Hogan it actually worked, and with Cena it worked while they were building him up and fans only started to turn on him when he was booked as too much of a superhero. With Roman it has been clear since before they put him over the top that the fans didn't want him to be that guy. They changed plans from Luger as the top babyface to Bret after the fans went with Bret, so why not call an audible with Roman? And it's not like this means Roman can't still be the top guys because you could just make him the top heel! It's SOOOOOO f*cking stupid!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation