BRM's Ongoing Mae Young Classic Review

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18780
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM's Ongoing Mae Young Classic Review

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 12th, '17, 21:46

MAE YOUNG CLASSIC TOURNAMENT FINALS: Shayna Baszler vs. Kairi Sane- 8/10
Kairi worked over the ribs while Baszler just did Baszler stuff. Kairi won with the now-named “Insane Elbow.” The match was pretty darn awesome, and definitely had an air of gravitas about that is missing from most WWE matches.
All of the WWE women are in the front row taking pictures on their phones like f*cking marks.
Is that… Sara Del Rey… in a dress?


I'll be back with overall thoughts and a wrap-up tomorrow.


Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 14872
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: BRM's Ongoing Mae Young Classic Review

Post by cero2k » Sep 12th, '17, 22:01

so no Horsewomen angle, nothing? no NXT title?
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18780
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM's Ongoing Mae Young Classic Review

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 12th, '17, 22:21

cero2k wrote:
Sep 12th, '17, 22:01
so no Horsewomen angle, nothing? no NXT title?
Yeah. I kept waiting for Ronda and pals to jump Kairi during the ceremony and smash the trophy and beat up Death Rey or whatever so that the NXT Horsewomen could jump the barricade and make the save but it didn't happen.

As for the NXT Title, I actually like the winner not getting the NXT Title. IMO winning a tournament like this should be a ticket straight to the main roster. Plus now you have something to build to in the NXT women's division, with a whole bunch of fresh faces to throw in the mix for however they crown their next champ (presumably at the next Takeover).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 14872
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: BRM's Ongoing Mae Young Classic Review

Post by cero2k » Sep 12th, '17, 22:25

Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 12th, '17, 22:21
cero2k wrote:
Sep 12th, '17, 22:01
so no Horsewomen angle, nothing? no NXT title?
Yeah. I kept waiting for Ronda and pals to jump Kairi during the ceremony and smash the trophy and beat up Death Rey or whatever so that the NXT Horsewomen could jump the barricade and make the save but it didn't happen.

As for the NXT Title, I actually like the winner not getting the NXT Title. IMO winning a tournament like this should be a ticket straight to the main roster. Plus now you have something to build to in the NXT women's division, with a whole bunch of fresh faces to throw in the mix for however they crown their next champ (presumably at the next Takeover).
I figure that kairi is definitely going to NXT because of the whole english/wwe style learning anyway
Image

User avatar
cero2k
Site Admin
Posts: 14872
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 11:32
Favorite Wrestler: Eddie Guerrero
Location: El Paso, TX
Contact:

Re: BRM's Ongoing Mae Young Classic Review

Post by cero2k » Sep 12th, '17, 22:34

From F4WOnline

After winning the Mae Young Classic tournament earlier tonight, Kairi Sane will get a chance to become the next NXT Women’s Champion at the TakeOver event in Houston on November 18th.

Triple H confirmed the news to ESPN following tonight's tournament finals. "[I'm] very excited that she's the first champion, and now the question is 'What's next for her?' I can tell you what's next for her," Triple H said. "On November 18th at the Toyota Center at the next NXT TakeOver, Kairi will be fighting to determine a new NXT Women's Champion."

James McKenna of Pro Wrestling Sheet mentioned that Sane may be one of the participants in a multi-woman match to determine the next champion.

Sane defeated Shayna Baszler in a long, hard-fought match that followed SmackDown tonight. Bazler dominated as she had the size advantage, but Sane fought back, hit a big double foot stomp off the top rope, and pulled off the victory with her famous elbow drop.

The NXT Women’s Championship was vacated at the last set of television tapings when it was announced that Asuka would be coming up to the main roster. More information on the match to decide the next champion will likely be revealed at the next set of tapings, which will take place at Full Sail University on Thursday night after being pushed back a day due to Hurricane Irma.
Image

User avatar
Big Red Machine
Posts: 18780
Joined: Dec 16th, '10, 15:12
Favorite Wrestler: Kane

Re: BRM's Ongoing Mae Young Classic Review

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 12th, '17, 22:37

cero2k wrote:
Sep 12th, '17, 22:25
Big Red Machine wrote:
Sep 12th, '17, 22:21
cero2k wrote:
Sep 12th, '17, 22:01
so no Horsewomen angle, nothing? no NXT title?
Yeah. I kept waiting for Ronda and pals to jump Kairi during the ceremony and smash the trophy and beat up Death Rey or whatever so that the NXT Horsewomen could jump the barricade and make the save but it didn't happen.

As for the NXT Title, I actually like the winner not getting the NXT Title. IMO winning a tournament like this should be a ticket straight to the main roster. Plus now you have something to build to in the NXT women's division, with a whole bunch of fresh faces to throw in the mix for however they crown their next champ (presumably at the next Takeover).
I figure that kairi is definitely going to NXT because of the whole english/wwe style learning anyway
Which is another reason why she shouldn't have won (seriously! Why would you beat Baszler and have the babyfaces accomplish her goal right off the bat?)
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
WWE in 2005
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
TNA Victory Road 2008
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
ECW Guilty As Charged 1999

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest