Bella/Cena vs. Miz/Maryse 2.25
Rollins vs. HHH 3.5
Orton vs. Wyatt 1.5
Lesnar vs. Goldberg 3.5
Naomi vs. Bliss vs. Carmella vs. Mickie vs. Natalya vs. Becky 1.5
Reigns vs. Taker 3

Source: WON 4/20/17
Subscribe at http://f4wonline.com

edit: there were two other matches he gave 4.5 this weekend. Hardys/Bucks and Team Ricochet vs. Team Ospreay. Great weekend for wrestling.

NWK2000

Re: Meltzer's WM/Takeover Ratings

Post by NWK2000 » Apr 6th, '17, 16:39

I find it odd that the SD women's match was rated the same as Randy vs Bray. At least The SD women at least was a match and didn't involve maggots on a film projector
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Apr 6th, '17, 16:54

NWK2000 wrote:I find it odd that the SD women's match was rated the same as Randy vs Bray. At least The SD women at least was a match and didn't involve maggots on a film projector

i guess if you balance out the time it got you get something similar, I liked SD women's match, but because of time it was a bit of a spotfest clusterfuck

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Apr 6th, '17, 18:21

cero2k wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:I find it odd that the SD women's match was rated the same as Randy vs Bray. At least The SD women at least was a match and didn't involve maggots on a film projector

i guess if you balance out the time it got you get something similar, I liked SD women's match, but because of time it was a bit of a spotfest clusterfuck

Yeah, but they got the focus right. Even if you take out the maggots and just had that same match that they had, Randy vs. Bray wasn't very good.

Dave severely underrated Hunter vs. Rollins.

Also, I just don't understand how you get a rating that high for Ember vs. Asuka. I really don't. They really didn't do too much that was big and there wasn't that much of a story told. It was a great match, but it was nowhere in the neighborhood of the other two title matches.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

XIV

Post by XIV » Apr 7th, '17, 00:31

Big Red Machine wrote:Also, I just don't understand how you get a rating that high for Ember vs. Asuka. I really don't. They really didn't do too much that was big and there wasn't that much of a story told. It was a great match, but it was nowhere in the neighborhood of the other two title matches.

You know what, I felt this too. Like, I know Asuka's streak was longer, but this should have felt mammoth. This should have been built to be absolutely huge between two people who were going to give it everything, the match just didn't have that hype for me AND it should have been a little longer too, and despite the little heel turn to freshen Asuka's reign, I think they should have done a little torch passing here and had Moon go over and then either have Asuka turn heel to go on a crusade to get the title back OR had it as a final NXT match before making the jump to join Raw or Smackdown.

That's my opinion on it.
Have A Nice Day!