Yeah, I Posted It...

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

Yeah, I Posted It...

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '16, 19:29

phpBB [video]

Seriously, though, I really HATE this customizable side-plates gimmick. I don't want wrestlers putting logos on the title belts (and yes, I did hate it when Rock and Austin would do it, too). It just screams "BRANDING!" because now we can give everyone goofy logos like Randy's little vipers or Alexa's face or whatever. I hate this way of doing it even more than Austin and Rock's versions of the world title, though, because this is so easy to swap in and out that it makes the idea of a title change feel cheap. At least with Rock and Austin someone went out and paid a sh*t-ton of money to get a whole new belt made because they were certain this guy was going to hold it for a while. This thing is like preparing in advance for hot potato-ing the title.

Also, I hope them posting this today isn't intended as the usual swerve where they make you think that there is no way she's losing the title because she just got the fancy personalized plates put on it and then they have her lose the belt right away.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Yeah, I Posted It...

Post by cero2k » Dec 27th, '16, 19:59

i definitely agree with you, they started doing this in exchange to not doing name plates anymore, which I always thought looked pretty prestigious, now I take it you can't be champ unless you have a registered logo to WWE.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 27th, '16, 20:55

cero2k wrote:i definitely agree with you, they started doing this in exchange to not doing name plates anymore, which I always thought looked pretty prestigious, now I take it you can't be champ unless you have a registered logo to WWE.
Prestige is exactly what it's missing. It's like the difference between a sports team whose jersey is covered in advertisements like American soccer used to have, and a nice, sleek, elegant jersey you see on a hockey team. You'd be proud to wear the latter. No one is proud to walk around wearing a giant advertisement, which is what the current men's and women's singles belts are.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 28th, '16, 12:39

I disagree with you. I'm glad that most of the top contenders for each title have their own logos. Reminds me of the SNME title cards from the 80s.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 28th, '16, 12:47

NWK2000 wrote:I disagree with you. I'm glad that most of the top contenders for each title have their own logos. Reminds me of the SNME title cards from the 80s.
It's fine for the title cards, but this is a championship belt.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation