What's your tentative Wrestlemania 33 Card?

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

What's your tentative Wrestlemania 33 Card?

Post by cero2k » Dec 20th, '16, 16:13

we are a month shy from the rumble and from the beginning of the road to wrestlemania season. So what are you guys seeing as the potential WM card?

I got

Lesnar w/ Paul vs Goldberg w/topless son
Triple H vs Seth Rollins
Cena vs Taker for the Smackdown title
Reigns vs Strowman for the RAW title
Big Show vs Shaq
Sasha vs Nia vs Charlotte vs Bayley
Owens vs Jericho
Either Bray vs Orton or the whole Wyatt Family vs some Smackdown team. Styles vs Orton is also possible.
Miz defending in a ladder match
ARMBAR match

Pre-Show:
Cruiserweight 6 way or someting with Swann, TJ, Kendrick, Metallik, Tozawa, and Neville
RAW girls vs Smackdown girls
RAW Tag Team Title Match

XIV

Re: What's your tentative Wrestlemania 33 Card?

Post by XIV » Dec 21st, '16, 07:52

I'm quite similar to yours BRM and agree with many of your matches. Lesnar v Goldberg, definite. Triple H vs Rollins, seems to be on the cards Cena vs Undertaker, obvious choice.. that being said...

Lesnar vs Goldberg
Triple H vs Seth Rollins
John Cena vs Undertaker
Charlotte vs Bayley (Women's Championship)
Kevin Owens vs Chris Jericho (Universal Championship)
Bray Wyatt vs Randy Orton
Intercontinental Championship Ladder Match (The Miz, Dolph Ziggler, AJ Styles, Luke Harper, Dean Ambrose & James Ellsworth)
TLC - Sheamus & Cesaro vs New Day vs Anderson & Gallows (RAW Tag team championships)

Pre-Show:
Cruiserweight 6 way gimmick match with Swann, TJ, Kendrick, Neville, Kalisto & one other potentially Ellsworth if he doesn't get included in the IC title match. (I'd say ladder would make sense, but they always have an IC title ladder match these days)
Sasha Banks vs Nia Jax
Rusev vs Enzo Amore (US Championship match)
American Alpha vs Vaudevillains (Smackdown Tag Team Championships)
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 21st, '16, 07:56

XIV wrote:I'm quite similar to yours BRM and agree with many of your matches.
You mean Cero. I haven't posted mine yet. I'm not even sure I have one other than Rollins vs. Triple H and Brock vs. Goldberg (the latter of which I really don't want to see).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Dec 21st, '16, 08:37

Raw

Owens vs Jericho for the Universal Championship
Roman vs Braun for the US Title
Cesaro and Sheamus vs Enzo and Cass for the Tag Titles
Charlotte Flair vs Bayley for the Raw Women's Title
Seth vs Triple H
Brock vs Goldberg III

Smackdown
AJ Styles vs 2017 Royal Rumble winner Sami Zayn for the WWE Championship
The Miz vs Mojo Rawley for the IC Title
American Alpha vs Harper/Rowan for the Tag Titles
Alexa Bliss vs Becky Lynch in a Last Woman Standing match for the Smackdown Womens
Bray vs Randy
Undertaker vs Corbin

Pre-show
Crusierweight Ladder Match featuring the entirety of 205 live.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 21st, '16, 08:47

Big Red Machine wrote:
XIV wrote:I'm quite similar to yours BRM and agree with many of your matches.
You mean Cero. I haven't posted mine yet. I'm not even sure I have one other than Rollins vs. Triple H and Brock vs. Goldberg (the latter of which I really don't want to see).
I did mean Cero...
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 21st, '16, 08:53

Big Red Machine wrote: I'm not even sure I have one other than Rollins vs. Triple H and Brock vs. Goldberg (the latter of which I really don't want to see).
It's pointless. Would have been bearable if their match at Survivor Series had been Brock winning because it would have been billed as a "who's better Decider" and now it's completely a "Who cares" as Goldberg is 2-0 up and it would take two more matches for a "decider" and at this point I don't care about these two in a match anymore. Goldberg vs Cena billed almost as a Superman vs Superman, would have potentially been something I'd rather have seen.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 21st, '16, 09:13

XIV wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: I'm not even sure I have one other than Rollins vs. Triple H and Brock vs. Goldberg (the latter of which I really don't want to see).
It's pointless. Would have been bearable if their match at Survivor Series had been Brock winning because it would have been billed as a "who's better Decider" and now it's completely a "Who cares" as Goldberg is 2-0 up and it would take two more matches for a "decider" and at this point I don't care about these two in a match anymore. Goldberg vs Cena billed almost as a Superman vs Superman, would have potentially been something I'd rather have seen.
I'll one up you and say it's worse than that. Because Brock lost here, the only real "story" to be had is actually that of Brock overcoming the odds and attempting to do something he has tried twice and never succeeded at: defeating the unbeatable Goldberg. BROCK is the babyface, except that they'll lazily have him cost Goldberg the Rumble to set up another Mania match (glad to see that someone is using that WWE Network subscription) where Brock will get the "big" win that no one will care about by that point.

Good point on Goldberg vs. Cena, though. That could work.
I was about to rail against the idea of Cena vs. Taker simply because I think it would have worked best when The Streak was still intact (I always found that the most exciting Streak matches where the ones where I thought it was 100% possible that some politicking/bad backstage decision-making could lead to The Streak being broken (i.e. the Hunter and Shawn matches) and Cena would have fit right in with that because everyone can see Vince deciding that this is a thing that Cena should do, but once The Streak was broken the drama wouldn't be there anymore, but now that I think about it, people still wouldn't want to see Taker loss to Cena, and The Streak being broken does kind of break the ice and allow a second loss to seem possible, so I guess it could still work. Plus, that way you would be able to keep the match to within one brand.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Dec 21st, '16, 09:26

Big Red Machine wrote:
XIV wrote:
I'll one up you and say it's worse than that. Because Brock lost here, the only real "story" to be had is actually that of Brock overcoming the odds and attempting to do something he has tried twice and never succeeded at: defeating the unbeatable Goldberg. BROCK is the babyface, except that they'll lazily have him cost Goldberg the Rumble to set up another Mania match (glad to see that someone is using that WWE Network subscription) where Brock will get the "big" win that no one will care about by that point.

Good point on Goldberg vs. Cena, though. That could work.
I was about to rail against the idea of Cena vs. Taker simply because I think it would have worked best when The Streak was still intact (I always found that the most exciting Streak matches where the ones where I thought it was 100% possible that some politicking/bad backstage decision-making could lead to The Streak being broken (i.e. the Hunter and Shawn matches) and Cena would have fit right in with that because everyone can see Vince deciding that this is a thing that Cena should do, but once The Streak was broken the drama wouldn't be there anymore, but now that I think about it, people still wouldn't want to see Taker loss to Cena, and The Streak being broken does kind of break the ice and allow a second loss to seem possible, so I guess it could still work. Plus, that way you would be able to keep the match to within one brand.
Everyone is 99% sure how the Golberg / Brock thing is going to play out at the Rumble heading to Mania. But Brock can't even claim his 1 win as being bigger as Goldberg has beaten him CLEAN at TWO of the FOUR big WWE PPV's. Meaning, there really is not a single reason for these two to compete again.

As for Cena vs Goldberg, Goldberg came to RAW for the one match, but he's not signed there, so him going to SD for a Cena feud wouldn't be too hard to believe. And when Goldberg first returned he talked about being a role model for the kids, this is something they could use within the feud, as both have undoubtedly been idols and role models and booked as absolutel supermen, that's why I think I'd enjoy the Rumble to Mania build up & ultimate blow-off as an "Icon vs Icon" match between those two at this time.

You're right about Taker, now it's just guys getting the rub of facing Taker at Mania and it was more exciting for somebody big to face Taker at WM because it made you question it, like you said, HBK & HHH always made you think "What if?". Two years ago, Cena would of had that power when facing the streak.

Now it's just a match that would mean far less and is worth a lot less than it originally could have been.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Dec 21st, '16, 09:29

Decided to actually give this some real thought and this is what I came up with:

Raw:
Rollins vs. Hunter
Brock vs. Goldberg
Owens(c?)vs. Jericho- (hopefully for the Universal Title, but maybe not)
Charlotte(c) vs. Sasha vs. Bayley vs. Nia- Bayley wins the Women's Title
Braun(c?) vs. Roman for the US Title (Roman wins and slays the monster)
Rusev vs. Zayn
Cesaro & Sheamus(c) vs. The Club vs. New Day vs. Enzo & Cass for the tag titles in our pointless, just to have it ladder match
Neville(c) vs. Cedric Alexander- Cruiserweight Title (Cedric wins the belt)
Big Show vs. Shaq

SD:
AJ(c) vs.Royal Rumble winner Dolph Ziggler for the WWE Title (maybe Dolph even wins?)
Cena vs. Taker
Randy vs. Bray
Miz(c) (w/Maryse) vs. Dean (w/Renee) for the IC Title where Miz's reign finally ends
Harper & Rowan(c) vs. American Alpha- AA finally win the tag belts
Alexa(c) vs. Becky vs. Nattie vs. Nikki vs. Carmella vs. Naomi- maybe an elimination match just to mirror the creation of the title

Andre Battle Royale where Balor makes his big return and wins (this would be your Ellsworth spot where he can be the guy who stays outside not really eliminated until the end when he comes back in and tries to win).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation