How do you think WWE will handle the 5-on-5 Men's match, considering it will have almost all of the most protected stars

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

How do you think WWE will handle the 5-on-5 Men's match, considering it will have almost all of the most protected stars

Post by cero2k » Nov 3rd, '16, 15:04

got this from reddit (by BigEsDangSon)

In this match we have 2 monster heels WWE is trying to build up, a rejuvinated Wyatt-Orton alliance, the 3 former Shield members who are all extremely protected and are the top full time faces (assuming Rollins is the last member of Raw), a legend in Chris Jericho who is actively involved in the main angle on Raw, and the two champions. How do you choose the order of elimination?

My concern is that it will be very overbooked to protect everyone. For example, WWE could do something like Corbin and Strowman fighting to a double countout, Orton betraying Wyatt and walking out, the inevitable JeriKO breakup angle and some sort of clusterfuck interference to make sure basically no one loses clean.

Ultimately, one of these shows will have their champion and number one contender pinned, which makes this match very interesting.

Big Red Machine

Re: How do you think WWE will handle the 5-on-5 Men's match, considering it will have almost all of the most protected s

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 3rd, '16, 16:05

I think that's exactly what will happen. Corbin might get pinned but Strowman will definitely be counted out. Some combination of AJ and Dean and/or Rollins and Owens losing will be due to one attacking the other and then the eliminated guy distracting the eliminator so he will get pinned, to. Randy will almost certainly turn on Bray.
The only guys I see getting legitimately eliminated are: Jericho, maybe Corbin, and a very slim chance for Orton (after he has turned on Bray, of course).
The whole reason NOT to do a match like this in the first place is that you're either going to have a bunch of BS finishes or almost your entire roster is going to have to get beaten (which is 100% what will happen with the women and the tag teams).
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Re: How do you think WWE will handle the 5-on-5 Men's match, considering it will have almost all of the most protected s

Post by NWK2000 » Nov 16th, '16, 09:45

Taker saying "win or answer to me" has me believing Smackdown will lose and lead to some sort of Taker feud
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 16th, '16, 09:53

NWK2000 wrote:Taker saying "win or answer to me" has me believing Smackdown will lose and lead to some sort of Taker feud
but if RAW loses, who is Stephanie going to slap?

I think it's easier for the top RAW men lose and the women to win. Tag teams don't matter anyway

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 16th, '16, 11:04

cero2k wrote:
NWK2000 wrote:Taker saying "win or answer to me" has me believing Smackdown will lose and lead to some sort of Taker feud
but if RAW loses, who is Stephanie going to slap?

I think it's easier for the top RAW men lose and the women to win. Tag teams don't matter anyway
The Raw women can't lose. They're just too overpowered. The Raw tag teams have been pretty much set up to lose via in-fighting, so we know that's going to happen (and one could say the same thing about the SD women, to add to the certainty that Raw's women will lose).
The Raw men could probably take the loss, but I wouldn't want to beat them because of how much time WWE has put into all of them as compared to the SD team. I'm also 100% certain that Randy is turning, which means that SD has to lose. Now that I think about it, they, too have been set up to lose via turns/infighting. I REALLY hope we don't get the same finish in every match. Anyway, this would make it 2-1 in favor of Raw, then add in Kalisto winning the Cruiserweight Title (and division) to make it 2-2. Miz probably beats Sami via cheating so that SD wins 3-2 but Raw wins the two matches that matter most to create this messed up, useless WWE form of parity between the brands. (Also, this way the dudes Steph threatened to fire if they lose don't have to actually lose, and the almost entirely babyface SD tag team team can win.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 16th, '16, 12:19

Big Red Machine wrote: I'm also 100% certain that Randy is turning, which means that SD has to lose.
here's the really weird thing for me right now, with Steph, Jericho, and Owens on team RAW, i feel RAW is the heel team (the rest feel tweener), and Smackdown is kinda like the face team because of Dragon, Shane, Ellsworth, and now Taker (AJ is heel, but everyone loves him). I too believe that Orton is turning on Bray, but weirdly enough, if he turns and that costs Smackdown the match, that's a heel turn for me, and even worse, does that trigger babyface Taker vs heel Orton or heel Orton vs babyface Wyatt?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 16th, '16, 17:48

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote: I'm also 100% certain that Randy is turning, which means that SD has to lose.
here's the really weird thing for me right now, with Steph, Jericho, and Owens on team RAW, i feel RAW is the heel team (the rest feel tweener), and Smackdown is kinda like the face team because of Dragon, Shane, Ellsworth, and now Taker (AJ is heel, but everyone loves him). I too believe that Orton is turning on Bray, but weirdly enough, if he turns and that costs Smackdown the match, that's a heel turn for me, and even worse, does that trigger babyface Taker vs heel Orton or heel Orton vs babyface Wyatt?
Face Orton vs. heel Wyatt. He is just infiltrating them.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Nov 16th, '16, 19:42

Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote:
so you think potentially costing the win to team smackdown is not a heel turn?

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Nov 16th, '16, 20:30

cero2k wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
cero2k wrote: here's the really weird thing for me right now, with Steph, Jericho, and Owens on team RAW, i feel RAW is the heel team (the rest feel tweener), and Smackdown is kinda like the face team because of Dragon, Shane, Ellsworth, and now Taker (AJ is heel, but everyone loves him). I too believe that Orton is turning on Bray, but weirdly enough, if he turns and that costs Smackdown the match, that's a heel turn for me, and even worse, does that trigger babyface Taker vs heel Orton or heel Orton vs babyface Wyatt?
so you think potentially costing the win to team smackdown is not a heel turn?
No, because he's turning on Bray. These aren't strictly face vs. heel teams. You're right that Raw feels more heelish than SD because of who is on it (and I think there is also a natural inclination of smarks to want SD to beat Raw because Raw is Vince's baby), but the face-heel dynamics here are projected, not designed. The design is two have two tweener teams that "Raw fans" can feel good rooting for the Raw team and "Smackdown fans" can feel good rooting for their team (the problem, of course, is that such fans do not exist and thus no one watching will have strong feelings one way or the other based on what WWE actually wants them to care about).

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation