It's fucking Shane!!!

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
XIV

It's fucking Shane!!!

Post by XIV » Feb 22nd, '16, 19:10

I don't mark out or feel shocked often.

I just marked out for Shane McMahon and was genuinely shocked.

Well done WWE. Well done.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: It's fucking Shane!!!

Post by cero2k » Feb 22nd, '16, 19:20

It's JOEY FROM FRIENDS!!!

OH WAIT, IT'S SHANE MCMAHON!!!

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 22nd, '16, 19:26

Fucking Shane vs Undertaker?

Fucking Hell in a Cell?

Okay. I'm ordering Wrestlemania. Well done WWE. Well done.
Have A Nice Day!

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 22nd, '16, 19:29

it's an interesting idea, but it was one of those announcements that annoys me from WWE that it should be something built to. I miss when WWE would build to announcements

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 22nd, '16, 19:31

cero2k wrote:it's an interesting idea, but it was one of those announcements that annoys me from WWE that it should be something built to. I miss when WWE would build to announcements
I agree. Vince should have taken a week or two to "make his mind up" on an opponent. But I'll take it because I always enjoyed watching Shane in matches.
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 22nd, '16, 19:35

Just found this on Wikipedia.

They're predicting Shane's death lol.
image.png
image.png (100.98 KiB) Viewed 8479 times
Have A Nice Day!

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 22nd, '16, 19:47

Vince AND Heyman swearing on Raw. A Hell in a Cell AND a Street Fight at Wrestlemania.

I know WWE always gets edgier in the last weeks before WM.

But it has a certain "attitude" to this so far.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '16, 21:35

Yeah... the segment was great, but I hate the Shane vs. Taker idea.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

badnewzxl

Post by badnewzxl » Feb 22nd, '16, 22:35

Big Red Machine wrote:Yeah... the segment was great, but I hate the Shane vs. Taker idea.
Me too

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 22nd, '16, 23:12

XIV wrote:Vince AND Heyman swearing on Raw.
They didn't swear. Heyman said "pissed" and Vince was talking about beating his child.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 23rd, '16, 01:11

Big Red Machine wrote:
They didn't swear. Heyman said "pissed" and Vince was talking about beating his child.
In the UK we're probably on a 60 second delay or something because they beeped out something Vince said and then beeped Heyman.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '16, 01:23

XIV wrote:
Big Red Machine wrote:
In the UK we're probably on a 60 second delay or something because they beeped out something Vince said and then beeped Heyman.
They muted them here, but you could tell what Vince was saying by sentence structure and context. With Heyman, they missed half of the word, which is why I know he said "pissed off."

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 23rd, '16, 02:35

Ahh. Either way.

With WWE in a position of anti-bullying. No violence against women, but that Vince beat his kids (or at least Shane)

Though they'll get round this by saying Shane was older. But it's still bullying.

It just felt for a bit quite attitudal. Not saying we're going full attitude because we won't.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '16, 08:11

XIV wrote:Ahh. Either way.

With WWE in a position of anti-bullying. No violence against women, but that Vince beat his kids (or at least Shane)

Though they'll get round this by saying Shane was older. But it's still bullying.
Forget about that: This is the same Vince McMahon was a victim of domestic abuse, and once said about the (pre-Vince Sr.) abusive stepfather "It is unfortunate that he died before I could kill him. I would have enjoyed that." For Vince to put himslef in the position of the abuser is shocking.
XIV wrote:
It just felt for a bit quite attitudal. Not saying we're going full attitude because we won't.
Yes. It did have that type of feel, but I don't think that will continue into next week, and here's why:
Check out my review for this week's Raw (cheap plug), in particular the section about Brock and Ambrose. Compare my quick fantasy booking to my analysis of what they did here and what I fear the future for this angle will be. Something similar can be applied to the Vince/Shane/Steph segment (although I feel like in the latter case, they did need to get most everything out there right away and there are some mysteries they can elaborate on later if they feel the need to).
Now read this topic, specifically my initial post, (which I think explains the WWE side of things) and then the post by Cero (which explains how fan attitudes play into it)
http://54.88.31.224/thewrestlingrevolut ... 18&t=16238
This week's show felt attitudinal not because it will in any way mark a return to something that resembles the Attitude Era even in pace and excitement (never mind content) but because this show was a combination of them dumping their story out all at once and because in order to do so, they needed those "WOW! I'm glad I watched the show this week so I got to see these huge surprise" moments that Cero talks about to be on this particular show. The next few weeks will all be back to business as usual.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '16, 08:54

Just saw a live report that says that Vince did indeed drop an F-bomb. They covered it up perfectly enough that they must have known it was coming.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 23rd, '16, 09:51

It did feel weird having Vince praise his father as a kind giving man having read countless interviews where Vince would get in the way in order to take the beating instead of his mother etc. And then you're right, to put himself in them shoes is then a very weird thing to do considering that's not Vince at all. (Although Vince did once want an incest storyline with Steph...)

I agree that this was a massive screen dump so it feels attitudal, there was action everywhere and something always going on. So it had that feel. I know it won't continue. But I do hope the ratings come back positive, because I love how Shane pre-cursed real events about Stock and Ratings.
Have A Nice Day!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '16, 10:17

XIV wrote:It did feel weird having Vince praise his father as a kind giving man having read countless interviews where Vince would get in the way in order to take the beating instead of his mother etc. And then you're right, to put himself in them shoes is then a very weird thing to do considering that's not Vince at all. (Although Vince did once want an incest storyline with Steph...)
For the purposes of clarity, the abusive stepfather was not Vince J. McMahon. The abusive stepfather was Leo Lupton. Vince did not meet Vince Sr. until he was twelve.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

XIV

Post by XIV » Feb 23rd, '16, 12:55

Big Red Machine wrote:
XIV wrote:It did feel weird having Vince praise his father as a kind giving man having read countless interviews where Vince would get in the way in order to take the beating instead of his mother etc. And then you're right, to put himself in them shoes is then a very weird thing to do considering that's not Vince at all. (Although Vince did once want an incest storyline with Steph...)
For the purposes of clarity, the abusive stepfather was not Vince J. McMahon. The abusive stepfather was Leo Lupton. Vince did not meet Vince Sr. until he was twelve.
I did forget that fact until now. Thank you for the correction.

But still. I agree that the position he put himself in was strange.
Have A Nice Day!