BRM Reviews WWE Payback 2015 (awesome)

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews WWE Payback 2015 (awesome)

Post by Big Red Machine » May 17th, '15, 23:15

WWE Payback 2015 (5/17/2015)- Baltimore, MD

DOLPH ZIGGLER vs. SHEAMUS- 7.5/10
Sheamus worked over Dolph’s leg a bit. Dolph made his comeback and did a stinkface, finally fulfilling last month’s stip to make Sheamus kiss his ass (and Sheamus sold it all perfectly). The finish was GREAT. A perfect example of how blood can enhance a match.

KANE, ROLLINS, & THE STOOGERWEIGHTS BACKSTAGE- Kane is going to interfere in the main event… but will he help Seth or cost him the match? Did I travel back in time and accidentally start watching Extreme Rules again?

2 OUT OF 3 FALLS MATCH FOR THE WWE TAG TEAM TITLES: The New Day(c) (w/) vs. Upper-Cats (w/Natalya)- 8.5/10
Adam Jones of the Baltimore Orioles is at ringside, and he is carrying around his own toy WWE World Heavyweight Title belt. WHAT A F*CKING LOSER!
Awesome match, and a BRILLIANT heel finish.
Major props to Cole for quickly coming up with an excuse for Cesaro not being able to hit that double underhook powerbomb on Big E.

RYBACK PROMO- his “message” is apparently “start full, end empty,” so I guess he is encouraging us all to have a good bowel movement. Thanks, Ryback!

BRAY WYATT vs. RYBACK- 7.25/10
Wow. It felt like that video package went on forever. Ryback then made up for it with his awesome Jaws gear.
We got dueling chants of “Let’s go Ryback!” and “Let’s go Wyatt!”… or two separate groups of people chanting for Bray. Or two separate grounds of people chanting for Ryback. It was hard to tell.
The match itself was a lot better than I think most people (myself included) were expecting. Bray works over Ryback’s ribs, including a SICK senton off the apron to the floor! SUPER-RY-SPLASH!

I QUIT MATCH FOR THE WWE UNITED STATES TITLE: John Cena(c) vs. Rusev (w/Lana)- 8.5/10
Eden explains to us that you must “literally” make your opponent say “I quit.” So if there is some freak accident during the match and someone’s vocal chords get sliced, that person will be unable to lose? Even if they write the words “I quit” on a piece of paper and get it notarized?
Well… that was quick. Rusev said “I quit” in a promo in the first thirty seconds of the match.

Awesome match… sh*t finish. I think. If the idea is that Rusev didn’t really quit but Lana purposely mistranslated… then there is no way that they can’t do another rematch. It would make no sense.
As for the corner-person throwing in the towel finish in an I Quit match… It seems a bit weird that someone else can quit for you, but the ref can’t quit for you if you are knocked unconscious.

NEW DAY PROMO- fun, although I wonder how they all “just” got the news about the tag titles being on the line in the Elimination Chamber when WWE.com reported it on Tuesday.

NAOMI & TAMINA vs. THE BELLA TWINS- 4/10

RUSEV YELLS AT LANA BACKSTAGE- well… she deserves it. She just screwed him out of a title match!

DANIEL BRYAN VIDEO PACKAGE- well now I’m sad.

WADE BARRETT vs. NEVILLE- 6.25/10
A stupid, pointless count-out on a PPV, followed by a run-of-the-mill heat segment that belongs on Raw, not on a PPV. Then Neville made his comeback and hit Wade with his finisher anyway… SO WHY NOT JUST LET HIM WIN BY PINFALL?!

TOUGH ENOUGH AUDITION VIDEOS- IT’S A F*CKING PPV!

FATAL FOUR-WAY MATCH FOR THE WWE WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE: Seth Rollins(c) (w/Jamie Noble & Joey Mercury) vs. Roman Reigns vs. Randy Orton vs. Dean Ambrose- 8/10
That triple powerbomb spot and everything after it with Rollins trying to get them to do the Shield hand-gesture was pure gold.

Awesome show from WWE, especially if you skip right from the I Quit match to the main event.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bulletclubfan2014

Re: BRM Reviews WWE Payback 2015 (awesome)

Post by Bulletclubfan2014 » May 18th, '15, 18:12

Given Orton was the one who got pinned I really hope that leads to a 3 way at (I believe) Money In The Bank between Rollins vs Reigns vs Ambrose for the belt
You thought you had all the answers I changed the question -Rowdy Roddy Piper

Chris Everlast

Re: BRM Reviews WWE Payback 2015 (awesome)

Post by Chris Everlast » May 18th, '15, 20:09

Cena vs. Rusev's finish was beyond stupid - Why make it apparent that you have to "literally make your opponent say 'I Quit'" if that's not how the match is gonna end? They're just booking Rusev to shit and all the goodwill I had towards Cena is gone by this point. First Wyatt and now Rusev - and now they're gonna turn Lana into an American lifeguard from fucking Baywatch. Kill me, guys. Kill me.