All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero Reviews WWE Fast Lane

Post by cero2k » Feb 23rd, '15, 15:02

WWE Fast Lane
February 22, 2015
Memphis, TN

Intro: good, by the end of the night, I hope this won't be the highlight of the night.

Dolph Ziggler, Erick Rowan, Ryback vs Big Show, Kane, and Seth Rollins w/J&J Security - 4/10
I hadn't noticed, but Rowan now has logos on his attire, making him look like a fake character, that's not the type of attire that should have logos. Rowan was the babyface in peril most of the match and Ryback got the hot tag. Ryback stole Bryan Cage's suplex catch, but i looked a lot weaker. Ziggler then got another hot tag which last about 1 minutes. Heels win. After the match, Ziggler and Rowan ate a curbstomp and Ryback a double chokeslam and was about to take a triple powerbomb but then Orton had quite an anti-climatic return.

Dust vs Dust promo build up - as bad as the feud itself.

Stardust vs Goldust - 5.5/10
Stardust debuting a new attire, makes him look crazier, more like a DC Comics villain. His wife had an up close and personal view of her husband's work, I wonder if she reconsiders her marriage a this time. Match was good, but the crowd was completely dead and the finished sucked hard. Cody made me remember Crazzy Steve a lot tonight.

Rollins/Stewart stuff - Typical WWE trying to be socially relevant.

Rhodes Stuff - Cody was good, but Dusty seemed weirdly ok with looking at Cody kicking Dustin's ass right there, his hands never left his pockets.

WWE Tag Team Titles Match
Masters of the Universe w/Natalya vs The Usos (C) w/Naomi - 6.5/10
Cesaro is now wearing beats too, looks good. Naomi looks kinda bad with those boots and highcuts, should stay with normal attire. Match was great, lots of action between both teams, Kidd was definitely the MVP of the match, there were 'Tyson Kidd is awesome' chants at one point. Masters take the titles.

Triple H/Sting Face to Face stuff -
The face off we all wanted!! 15 yrs ago!!! First they give a recap to remind you of how none of the booking from the past months has really meant anything anyway. All of these mind games are far more cheesy than any of Taker's circa 2005. Cole says Triple H is dressed for a fight tonight, yet he's not wearing his wrestling attire, it's just jeans, t-shirt, and jacket, which are quite more uncomfortable to fight in. There's a guy chanting for WCW, i want to slap him in the face. Triple H's promo was ok. Then they started fighting, Hunter got his sledgehammer and Sting his bat, for some reason the bat is supposed to be scarier than the hammer. In the long lasting WWE tradition, Sting points to the WM Sign. Triple H accepts the challenge. This belonged at RAW.

Vince's talk pieces promote the network. I shot off my brains at this point of the show.

Divas Title Match
Paige vs Nikki Bella w/Brie Bella - 6/10
JBL was about to say that the difference between Paige and Nikki was in the size of the boobs. JBL also mentions that Paige won her first title from her mother Saraya Knight, Cole and Lawler had no idea what he's talking about. This was actually one of the better matches of the night. Nikki retains with what Lawler is trying to sells as grabbing tights, which she kinda botched, so it was a legit pin actually. Lawler sucks.

Michael Cole just reminded me that i could be watching the oscars right now instead.

BREAKING NEWS: Triple H vs Sting....wait, wasn't this pretty much confirmed during their face off?

Intercontinental Title Match
Dean Ambrose vs Wade Barrett (C) - 6/10
Ambrose tying up Barrett was one of the most bizarre things Cole has ever seen. Did hek just started working for WWE last week? Little Quackenbush is the ref for the match. Match was being really good until Barrett started the WWE heel schtick to have the bag guys trying to leave the match before the match is over. The ref calls for the bell and crapped all over the match.

Bray Wyatt stuff - He come out to Undertaker's entrance, those torches have really high flames. Bray also acknowledges that while living in the compound as a kid, he had tv and used to watch Undertaker matches. Good promo, I just don't really care about this feud. Bray says that at WM he'll claim the soul of the undetaker, and then went back to sleep. if Bray doesn't win that match, he might as well just retire. This belong at RAW as well.

Kick off panel stuff - All are a better as a commentary table than the one we need to hear all night. Saxton is amazing at his job.

US Title Match
John Cena vs Rusev w/Lana - 7/10
It seemed like the crowd was really into the match with the "Let's go Cena/Cena sucks" chants, but then they started chanting for Jerry, then USA, which is more appropriate. Count of Alabama Slams of the night is now 2 for anyone counting. Match was actually really good, Rusev is just plain fantastic and got a great match out of Cena. Finish was clever enough to keep both guys strong and keep going for Wrestlemania. By the way, WM match needs to be a submission match, Rusev's streak vs Cena's never tap out streak.

Kick off panel stuff II - All are a better as a commentary table than the one we need to hear all night. Renee is amazing at his job.

WWE Title No. 1 Conterdership Match
Daniel Bryan vs Roman Reigns - 6/10
If anyone at one point thought that WWE was cancelling his project to make Roman Reigns the headline of Wrestlemania and defeat the streak conqueror, you were delusional. To which point, i don't understand what was the point of doing this at all. Unless Bryan gets in to the match like HBK did in 2004, this whole month of feud was worthless and it only hurts your guys. Obviously Daniel Bryan acknowledges Roman Reigns, because Reigns can't get himself over by himself. The match itself wasn't anything special, RAW like quality.

OVERALL THOUGHTS:
Yet another terrible PPV by WWE, you would imagine that with WM coming soon, they would stop with the retarded storylines and repetitive booking. Think again. Definitely a skippeable show.

Big Red Machine

Re: Cero Reviews WWE Fast Lane

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 23rd, '15, 18:21

The same rating for Bryan vs. Reigns as for Paige vs. Nikki? Wow. I think we might have been watching entirely different shows.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Feb 23rd, '15, 23:13

Big Red Machine wrote:The same rating for Bryan vs. Reigns as for Paige vs. Nikki? Wow. I think we might have been watching entirely different shows.
i didn't think the divas match was that bad, i was really entertained. Could be a natural reaction to having followed that Hunter/Sting segment, my standards could had been lowered. And i didn't really liked the main event that much

Earth Child

Post by Earth Child » Feb 24th, '15, 01:03

cero2k wrote:WWE Tag Team Titles Match
Masters of the Universe w/Natalya vs The Usos (C) w/Naomi - 6.5/10
I totally missed that this was their tag team name. They need this song as their entrance music!

phpBB [video]

Nic/Phreak

Post by Nic/Phreak » Feb 24th, '15, 08:03

could be just me, but I think they could of skipped this PPV and had it all on Raw ((they can pay for extended time)) it really just seemed like a long boring raw
Simply Better !!

Outspoken, Arrogant, Blunt, Honest, Funny, major Ass, politically incorrect, smartass

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Feb 24th, '15, 08:08

Nic/Phreak wrote:could be just me, but I think they could of skipped this PPV and had it all on Raw ((they can pay for extended time)) it really just seemed like a long boring raw
It was actually shorter than a normal Raw because of the overrun. I agree with your sentiment, though. It really did feel like an episode of Raw.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3