Cero books the Rise and Fall of The Shield

All WWE/F Related Reviews and Discussions
cero2k
Site Admin

Cero books the Rise and Fall of The Shield

Post by cero2k » Jan 3rd, '13, 02:18

This booking doesn't really have a starting point, it's mainly focused on the dissension of The Shield, which I think could start anywhere as soon as they keep the idea of defending honor. But at any point where The Shield is given a different purpose, a leader, an alliance with someone else, this will be likely going away from that idea. Also, this needs to consider that other stories are going on and that the title scene drives the main heroes that stand to the Shield during this story.

The basic idea of this booking is that even though we know The Shield represents a force to bring back honor to the WWE and they all work for the same final purpose, we also know the back story to all these guys in one way or another. We know each of them have different personalities that live way beyond this idea of defending honor. These personalities come out sooner or later.

We'll just start this story with any given attack on whoever The Shield is focused right now. This attack goes as usual with all of them attacking someone, only thing different with this attack is that as soon as they give out the 'final' blow, Ambrose grabs a chair and continuously hits whoever is already down. Eventually Reigns and Rollins stop him, not because they see something wrong with him, but because some other wrestlers are coming to aid the fallen.

For the following weeks, we'll get the same thing, with Ambrose getting more physical, more sadistic when attacking someone. Later on, we'll get segments with Ambrose suggesting to attack random people, more defenseless people, where some of them will be attacked, some will be questioned by Rollins and Reigns. As this continues, Ambrose suggest to attack someone completely innocent like Lilian Garcia or Justin Roberts, Shield obviously turns the idea down as they haven't done anything wrong. By the end of that particular show, we see how either Garcia or Roberts was indeed taken out and left for dead in one of the corridors of the arena.

Next RAW, we start off with any baby face of the company coming out to the ring and calling Shield out about attacking an innocent announcer, how they preach honor and lash out on an announcer. This brings out Shield via titantron, Rollins is front with Reigns, Ambrose in the back. Rollins says the attack on Roberts wasn't their doing and defends the group, babyface on the other hand calls them out about the video that aired with Ambrose suggesting the attack, everyone saw it! After some back and forward of the babyface saying some intelligent arguments, Ambrose finally walks to the camera, grabs it, shouts "Enough Talk" and throws it to the ground. The show will continue on like normal, during the show refs will start to be found KOd eventually getting to the point where the main event (likely a title match) will have no available refs and Vickie will be forced to rely on Brad Maddox. The match ends with Maddox screwing the babyface out of the title.

Next week RAW goes as usual, normal Shield attacks during the show; yet there is a rare problem with the electricity and the show is forced to continue with no lights, when someone goes to investigate the source of the problem, we just see everything destroyed (fire maybe), the show eventually gets some power back to finish the show. The end of the show closes out with a cameraman or some other random obviously innocent person taken out, left for dead.

Next show goes normally. No problems, no Shield at sight, nothing. (just to not make it a common thing)

Next week the show starts off quite weird. There's no ring in the arena. Vickie Guerrero comes out to the center to address the WWE fans that there has been an unfortunate, yet rare situation, all buses carrying WWE equipment, including the sound system, parts of the stage decorations, and specifically the rings never made it. She asks the fans to be understandable of the problem, that anyone who wishes will get their money back, etc. Miz comes out suggesting Vickie that he can set up the MizTV set and cover part of the show, which brings out some heel wrestlers saying that they're not gonna be part of such tomfoolery of a show, they even threaten to go on strike again like last time's walk off! This quickly prompts for Vince or Triple H, he tells Vickie that in all the years of WWE, there has never been a show that started without a ring in the center of the arena, never! Worst of it all is the incompetent way she has handled the situation, therefore, she is immediately released of her duties as manager. Asks someone to quickly call a local gym or promotion asking for a decent ring and to bring it out ASAP, and calls Booker to get to the arena. Surely by the time commercials come back, we see a ring already being set up. There's still no entrance music, but that will do for now. Unfortunately, there's still a bit of chaos in RAW with no clear management while Booker gets to the arena, to the point that some matches happen, some don't, a lot of cheating to get out of title defenses, etc. Eventually Booker gets there and sets everything straight for the rest of the show and next week, but the damage was mostly done. By the end of the show, someone finds more people taken out, doesn't matter who it is as long as it's not a powerful superstar.

Next show Shield starts off in the middle of the ring calling out the WWE roster saying that someone is trying to frame these attacks and problems on the Shield, this is either Reigns or Rollins talking, Ambrose simply stands in the corner. This show continues normally, later on we simply show Ambrose on camera alone, either mumbling to himself or just staring into nothingness. The point is just to show that Ambrose is not all that focused with the team and most importantly, roaming around alone. By the end of the show, we get some other people taken out, this time someone with a bit more weight, like Lawler, JR, Fink, Vince, or even a Diva. A diva would be awesome. We have our hero babyface rush in to check on this new victim, he says "this ends now" and rushes to the ring, he gets there and calls out The Shield, a ref runs out to inform such hero that The Shield was seen leaving the arena more than an hour ago or such. RAW ends.

Next show is a PPV. We see Booker setting up extra security around the arena. We see superstars, particularly our hero, talking about not letting their guard off and being on the lookout for anything weird. Be it Shield or anything else. At this point, i'm not all that sure how Ambrose can cause more chaos without getting too personal with anyone in the roster. But the point is that by the end of the show, within all such chaos, Ambrose reveals himself as the one who has created all the chaos. Either reveals himself, or is found doing something, eitherway, we are to know that he was behind everything that has happened in the last weeks. It's ok if we think he's still with Shield

The very next RAW will close out the show with Seth Rollins and Roman Reigns coming out to the ring to call out Dean Ambrose.

Rollins: "What are you doing Dean!? This was always about bringing honor back to wrestling and the WWE! We wanted to stop the injustices to the young wrestlers like ourselves"

Ambrose: "Seth Seth Seth, always with your honor trash, WWE doesn't need honor, it wouldn't even know what to do with honor. What WWE needs and i've given to it is a shot of adrenaline, of unpredictability....of chaos!"

eventually this confrontation between Seth and Dean starts to escalate until they come to blows. Roman keeps trying to separate them by himself but constantly gets pushed aside. The fight reaches the ramp were they keep fighting and get close to the edge. Once again Reigns gets involved trying to keep them separate, Dean takes advantage of the distraction and blinds Seth with some poison mist or something like that, Seth, with blurred vision, accidentally super kicks Roman, who falls to a stack of tables. Ambrose flees looking at the chaos while Seth simply looks back and forward at his mistake and Ambrose. End of show.

During the week we get reports that Reigns suffer a small neck injury and will be out.

The next weeks will be seeing a feud build up with Dean and Seth. Mainly Dean trying to create chaos and Seth constantly getting in his way, aiding wrestlers, etc. Worth noting that even if Seth helps out people, these people don't respect Seth. Also during these weeks Seth will cut some promos saying that he is sorry for the problems that were created because of Dean and that he still stands for honor and thus he will act as example and will be the one to take out Dean. Dean on the other hand will launch viral videos promoting chaos and mayhem. This feud gets a match booked for the next PPV, whatever type of match.

The PPV is here and Seth and Dean take on each other. Awesome match. By the end of the match, Roman Reigns makes his surprise return, stands in the ring while Seth and Dean look at him, suddenly, he double clotheslines them, drags one to the announcers table and sets him up, we're all thinking he has aligned himself with the other, but out of nowhere, he grabs the other and powerbombs him through his opponent and the table itself leaving both of them laying dead on the floor. Roman grabs a mic

Roman: "Honor!? Chaos!? There will only be one thing coming your way. PAIN!!

drops the mic and leaves.

At this point, the events trigger a feud between all three of the original Shield members. Seth fighting to regain his honor and to put a stop on chaos. Dean doesn't really care about Seth or Roman or anyone as long as chaos reigns supreme, eventually we will see Seth get in the head of Dean so much that he simply can't focus on anything else until he destroys Seth. Roman has only two motives, Seth and Dean, and he wants to cause as much pain as possible.

This feud will likely see Seth defeating Dean at the end. Roman could really go either way if decided he goes heel or face. The easy way out is to make him face and understand that Seth needs to take out Dean.

There are many loop holes as to what happened between WWE management / roster and Ambrose. I'm not really going to touch that, WWE creative should be good enough to take care of that.

thanks for reading. Opinions, ideas??

Big Red Machine

Re: Cero books the Rise and Fall of The Shield

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 3rd, '13, 11:54

LOVED IT! I think you have a great grasp of the type of visuals and things that make Ambrose really work as a character. I also like Reigns only motivations being Seth and Dean, as it allows him to be something else to Rollins' good and Ambrose's evil. Like you said, he can now go either way after this is over.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 3rd, '13, 22:06

I would watch the living crap out of that.

I'm wondering though how starting a show without a ring would effect viewership. If it would spark curiosity because it's never been done, or if people would tune out because there apparently isn't going to be any wrestling for a while? It'd be vital for them to keep things moving, like you said (with Vince or Trips in crisis mode), where I'm afraid they'd be tempted to go the '45 Minutes of Recaps' route.

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Jan 3rd, '13, 22:31

Bob-O wrote:I would watch the living crap out of that.

I'm wondering though how starting a show without a ring would effect viewership. If it would spark curiosity because it's never been done, or if people would tune out because there apparently isn't going to be any wrestling for a while? It'd be vital for them to keep things moving, like you said (with Vince or Trips in crisis mode), where I'm afraid they'd be tempted to go the '45 Minutes of Recaps' route.
While writing this, i thought about that, like what could they do? First idea was to book some Falls Count Anywhere match or a Parking Lot Brawl, but both matches seemed way to personal to just fill in time, which is when i came up with the idea of making the show a 3 hr MizTV interview show.

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 3rd, '13, 22:41

I think it would keep people around just for curiosity's sake, and rather than having Hunter/Vince says "we are calling someone to get a ring," have them say "we have called someone and are getting a ring, and it will be here shortly." The key, though, will be to play a lot of the stuff backstage as if it is being rushed, maybe show a "from the vault" match that will keep smarkier fans around, like something god between guys like Finlay and Booker from WCW, or Taker vs. Triple H from WM 17 or something.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 3rd, '13, 22:42

cero2k wrote:

While writing this, i thought about that, like what could they do? First idea was to book some Falls Count Anywhere match or a Parking Lot Brawl, but both matches seemed way to personal to just fill in time, which is when i came up with the idea of making the show a 3 hr MizTV interview show.
I think a Falls Count Anywhere match would be brilliant here, and by explaining that you are only doing it because you don't have a ring, you get around the fact that the match isn't personal.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Jan 3rd, '13, 23:53

cero2k wrote: during the show refs will start to be found KOd eventually getting to the point where the main event (likely a title match) will have no available refs and Vickie will be forced to rely on Brad Maddox. The match ends with Maddox screwing the babyface out of the title.
This would also work out quite well. Maddox has lost SO MANY matches in an effort to get a contract and established himself as such a pest that WWE coming to HIM in need of something would be a nice end to the angle and a believable way to cement him on the roster. As in, he'd only agree to Ref the match in exchange for a performers contract, and then let him screw the babyface anyway! He's got what he wanted. Man, that'd bring some heat!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 4th, '13, 07:07

Bob-O wrote:
cero2k wrote: during the show refs will start to be found KOd eventually getting to the point where the main event (likely a title match) will have no available refs and Vickie will be forced to rely on Brad Maddox. The match ends with Maddox screwing the babyface out of the title.
This would also work out quite well. Maddox has lost SO MANY matches in an effort to get a contract and established himself as such a pest that WWE coming to HIM in need of something would be a nice end to the angle and a believable way to cement him on the roster. As in, he'd only agree to Ref the match in exchange for a performers contract, and then let him screw the babyface anyway! He's got what he wanted. Man, that'd bring some heat!
THIS!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

RedSon

Post by RedSon » Jan 12th, '13, 09:36

great booking cero

i can imagine it would be hard to book someone trying to create chaos and at the same time not look like a child doing pranks
The Man That Gravity Forgot!