cero2k
Site Admin

Tag Team Title Tournament Brackets

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '19, 09:13

cero2k
Site Admin

Re: Tag Team Title Tournament Brackets

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '19, 09:15

I didn't really consider it before the announcement, but i'm disappointed about the size of the brackets. Dark order didn't really need a bye, they could have just defeated another team. This is more like Best Friends had a second chance

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 18th, '19, 10:10

cero2k wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 09:15 I didn't really consider it before the announcement, but i'm disappointed about the size of the brackets. Dark order didn't really need a bye, they could have just defeated another team. This is more like Best Friends had a second chance
Right? I figured LAX would get worked into the mix... unless they're jumping the winners...

cero2k
Site Admin

Post by cero2k » Sep 18th, '19, 11:23

Bob-O wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 10:10
cero2k wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 09:15 I didn't really consider it before the announcement, but i'm disappointed about the size of the brackets. Dark order didn't really need a bye, they could have just defeated another team. This is more like Best Friends had a second chance
Right? I figured LAX would get worked into the mix... unless they're jumping the winners...
given that Bucks and Lucha Bros are on the same side, I can see them jumping either team and costing them the first match

Thelone

Post by Thelone » Sep 18th, '19, 11:36

Stunning that the whole "let's have a bunch of matches so one team can have a first round bye" thing was pretty much pointless. It's almost like you could have done a regular 8-team tournament with one match on every TV show and the final on their next PPV

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 18th, '19, 19:00

Thelone wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 11:36 Stunning that the whole "let's have a bunch of matches so one team can have a first round bye" thing was pretty much pointless. It's almost like you could have done a regular 8-team tournament with one match on every TV show and the final on their next PPV
I'm tempted to agree, but I'd like to let it play out first. But, at worst, at least it gave some meaning to an undercard match that otherwise wouldn't have meant anything.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

NWK2000

Post by NWK2000 » Sep 19th, '19, 08:24

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 19:00
Thelone wrote: Sep 18th, '19, 11:36 Stunning that the whole "let's have a bunch of matches so one team can have a first round bye" thing was pretty much pointless. It's almost like you could have done a regular 8-team tournament with one match on every TV show and the final on their next PPV
I'm tempted to agree, but I'd like to let it play out first. But, at worst, at least it gave some meaning to an undercard match that otherwise wouldn't have meant anything.
I think you're right BRM. They did it with the women too. They knew that Best Friends vs Dark Order and the Joshi match would be the deadest the crowd would be at All Out, so giving those matches meaning for shows later down the road means they were as important to win as any other match on the card. Reminds me of early Ring of Honor, where they were constantly building to future shows.
NWK Reviews is closed for business for now.