BRM Reviews the 12/2/2021 NXT UK (disappointing)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 12/2/2021 NXT UK (disappointing)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jan 11th, '22, 19:52

NXT UK WOMEN’S TITLE MATCH: Meiko Satomura(c) vs. Xia Brookside- 4.75/10
The graphic for Meiko listed one of her “intangibles” as “striker.” That might well be the singles dumbest thing I’ve seen on a wrestling show ever.
Xia has incorporated her whining into her matches now as well. It’s terrible. Thankfully, Meiko beat her, but the match wasn’t particularly good. It wasn’t long, either, but I guess that makes sense because Xia was not a worthy challenger.

CHARLIE DEMPSEY AND ROHAN RAJA HAVE A MEETING ON THE ROOF- fine
Raja asks Charlie what is important to him. He replies “legacy” and “heritage.” He thinks those are important to Raja, too. Raja reports this to Teoman via txt, and is told to welcome Dempsey to their group.
Again, I can’t help but ask who is filming these. You can’t just back and forth between “pretend the cameras aren’t there” and “we need to come up with a reason why the camera is there.”

MEIKO SATOMURA’S INTERVIEW IS INTERRUPTED BY BALIR DAVENPORT- good
Meiko says she will be going to Japan for a few weeks. Davenport showed up and asked Emilia McKenzie what she would do without her only friend around to protect her. Millie showed no fear of Davenport, and they decided to have a match.

KENNY WILLIAMS vs. SAXON HUXLEY- 5.75/10
Williams had the advantage when Subculture’s music played, distracting Williams and letting Huxley get the win. No one from Subculture came out. I really hope that Huxley didn’t set this up with the sound guy, because that would make the sound guy complicit in cheating.

SAM GRADWELL AND SHA SAMUELS BACKSTAGE- bad
Sha Samuels is taking bets on who the next number one contender to the Heritage Cup will be. One would hope that Johnny Saint would see him betting on the promotion and give him the Pete Rose treatment. Also, Samuels can’t spell “Tyler.”
Gradwell came up to him and they exchanged barbs, resulting in a challenge for a match for next week.

MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN VS. PRETTY DEADLY VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMOS- good

NXT UK TITLE MATCH: Ilja Dragunov(c) vs. Rampage Brown- 6.75/10
They were having a good brawl that came to an abrupt end when Brown suffered some sort of injury taking an enzugiri and was unable to continue.

This was a was another bad episode of NXT UK, although at least in this case they have the cover of he highly-anticipated main event being forced to end due to injury. I really hope we get a rematch between Brown and Ilja, because that match-up feels like it has the potential to be quite special.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3