BRM Reviews the 8/26/2021 NXT UK (awesome!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 8/26/2021 NXT UK (awesome!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Oct 14th, '21, 23:40

WALTER VS. ILJA RECAP PACKAGE- good
I’m finally caught up to the title change that I saw two months ago.

NO DISQUALIFICATIONS MATCH WITH JOSEPH CONNERS LOCKED IN A SHARK CAGE AT RINGSIDE: Jinny vs. Aoife Valkyrie- 7.5/10
Jinny jumped Valkyrie during her entrance and tried to throw her in the cage, but Valkyrie thwarted her and managed to toss and lock Conners into the cage.
This was a great brawl and the win felt like a big moment for Valkyrie, but it felt like was just missing that certain something that would have taken it to the next level. Maybe a crowd would have done it.

AMALE INTERRUPTS EMILIA MCKEKZNIE’S INTERVIEW TO DEMAND A REMATCH FROM MEIKO SATOMURA- great!
Amale was dismissive of Millie. Millie didn’t take any of the bait, and just stood there with her arms crossed, staring a hole through Amale, as if waiting for her to finish and go away so that she could continue with her interview. Amale saw that Meiko clearly wasn’t going to just give her a rematch, so she said she beat Millie in a match in order to impress the champ. Amale left in a huff, and Meiko smiled. Everyone played their roles perfectly.

HERITAGE CUP #1 CONTENDERSHIP TOURNAMENT QUARTERFINAL MATCH: Kenny Williams vs. Oliver Carter (w/Ashton Smith)- 6.75/10
They had some great babyface vs. heel dynamics here. Williams is a tremendous heel. There wis nothing redeemable about him.

NINA SAMUELS INVITES THE CAMERA IN FOR HER MEETING WITH SID SCALA- bad
Nina was too over the top here for me. She wanted a match against Amale to get her win back from two weeks ago, but she winfs up getting booked against Blair Davenport instead.

ISLA DAWN GOES BACK TO THAT BOX SHE BURIED IN THE WOODS A FEW WEEKS AGO- She adds the lock of Dani Luna’s hair she yanked out last week… but not before creepily licking it first. She reburied the box, then looked up, as if appealing to a higher power. This was shot in black and white, intercut with color footage of her match with Dani last week. This magical crap is all stupid.

TEOMAN VS. NATHAN FRAZIER VIDEO PACKAGE- good
That’s next week’s tournament match.

SINGLES MATCH THAT CAN ONLY BE WON BY KNOCKOUT OR SUBMISSION: Joe Coffey vs. Rampage Brown- 8.5/10
This was one hell of a hoss fight. It even had the hoss-fight version of a high-flying element! I liked the slow pace, although I do think it started to hurt the match a bit towards the end. The finish was sufficiently brutal.

This was an EXCELLENT show from NXT UK. Just excellent. NXT UK is one of the best products in the world right now, and it’s a shame that more people aren’t watching it.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3