BRM Reviews the 7/29/2021 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/29/2021 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Aug 13th, '21, 00:59

JORDAN DEVLIN vs. TRISTAN ARCHER- 6.5/10
Archer loses clean, but puts up another strong showing.

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- good
Devlin started to cut a promo on A-Kid, who came out and interrupted him, limping out on his crutches. Devlin keeps talking trash and kicks A-Kid’s crutches away… and all of a sudden A-Kid is standing there fine without them, and attacks Devlin. A-Kid won the brawl and cut a fine promo.

AOIFE VALKYRIE VS. JINNY VIDEO PACKAGE- good

WALTER PROMO- good

EARLIER THIS WEEK MEIKO SATOMURA WALKS INTO THE LOCKER ROOM AND GIVES THE OTHER WOMEN A SPEECH- bad
I thought Meiko came off very arrogantly here, telling people things they already knew. The other women started arguing amongst themselves while Meiko smiled, as if this was her goal.

AOIFE VALKYRIE vs. JINNY (w/Joseph Conners)- 6.75/10
Lots of great intensity here. Jinny won after multiple distractions from Conners.

JOE COFFEY VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO- good build for his match against Rampage Brown

A-KID INTERVIEW- fine
He says he’ll beat Jordan Devlin in NXT first-ever Ironman match.

ALEAH JAMES vs. STEVIE TURNER- 4.5/10
Turner won clean.

EARLIER THIS WEEK, DAVE MASTIFF & JACK STARZ TRAIN FOR AN UPCOMING TAG TEAM MATCH- fine

MOUSTACHE MOUNTAIN vs. SYMBIOSIS (w/Eddie Dennis)- 7.75/10
The heel’s jumped the bell on the babyfaces, but Bate pulled out nun-chucks to scare them off and allow the referee to get control so the match could have a proper start.
Moustache Mountain overcome the interference to get the win. After the match, Pretty Deadly came out- wearing nothing but overalls with one shoulder undone- to… um… tease a future title match, I guess? I’m not sure why they would feel the need to do that, but they did.

A good episode of NXT UK.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3