BRM Reviews the 7/8/2021 NXT UK (great!)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/8/2021 NXT UK (great!)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 29th, '21, 23:42

NATHAN FRAZIER vs. KENNY WILLIAMS- 6.5/10
Frazier was a great young babyface, and Williams screwed him over perfectly. I can’t wait to see a rematch between these two.

THE CAMERAS ARE KICKED OUT OF SID SCALA’S OFFICE SO THAT JOE COFFEY AND RAMPAGE BROWN CAN DISCUSS A REMATCH PRIVATELY WITH SCALA- fine

MEIKO SATOMURA VS. AMELE VIDEO PACKAGE- great!

IF MARK ANDREWS WINS, SUBCULTURE WILL EARN A SHOT AT THE NXT UK TAG TEAM TITLES: Mark Andrews vs. Lewis Howley (w/Sam Stoker)- 6.75/10
Andrews gets the win after his friends come out to stop Stoker from getting involved.

JACK STARZ INTERVIEW EARLIER THIS WEEK- meh
Dave Mastiff tells him that being the gatekeeper who fights all of the new guys is a good position to be in. It feels more like it makes you a designated JTTS to me.

TYLER BATE INTERVIEW- good
If Mark Coffey wants to get involved in his business, he’ll gladly face him in a match. Bate is doing a good job with this new Zen character.

LAURA DIMATTEO vs. BLAIR DAVENPORT- good squash
Davenport won with a Kamagoye. She cut a fine promo after the match.

JINNY VIDEO PACKAGE/PROMO ON AOIFE VALKYRIE- f*cking awesome!

TEOMAN VIDEO WITH ROHAN RAJA- good… but now that it’s not just Teoman talking to the camera, I’d like to know why we’re being shown these. Is this something Teoman wants to show us for a reason?

SID SCALA ANNOUNCES ILJA VS. WALTER II- It’s happening in two weeks. Next week there will be a press conference.

TRENT SEVEN IN-SET PROMO- good

TRENT SEVEN vs. EDDIE DENNIS- 8/10
Awesome!

POST-MATCH SEGMENT- very good
Symbiosis run in and attack Seven. Tyler Bate comes out to make the save… with NUN-CHUCKS!

Another typically great episode of NXT UK.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3