BRM Reviews 9/18/2019 NXT: Part 2 (Netwrok Exclusive)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews 9/18/2019 NXT: Part 2 (Netwrok Exclusive)

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 18th, '19, 21:41

We start with a long recap of the first hour to give everyone time to switch over from broadcast TV to their computer or WWE Network viewing device.
You’ll never guess which date they announced the Baszler vs. LeRae title match for. In their defense, at this is a pretty standard length of time between a #1 contendership match and the title shot for NXT.

ARTURO RUAS vs. PETE DUNNE- 6/10
Hopefully now you’ll all see why I’ve been enjoying Ruas so much. He makes his match so different from everyone else’s.

DAKOTA KAI VIDEO PACKAGE- She’s back next week.

XIA LI vs. ALIYAH (w/Vanessa Bourne)- squash
Xia won quickly.

DENZELLE DEJOURNETTE GETS BEATEN UP BY IMPERIUM- no rating, fine segment
This guy was supposed to be facing KUSHIDA but the non-WALTER members of Imperium jumped the guardrail and beat him up. The crowd responded to this by chanting “WE WANT WALTER!” Then WALTER showed up via normal entrance means and everyone cheered for him. He cut a promo giving the usual Imperium spiel. I was distracted by how shiny Aichner’s head is.
Eventually KUSHIDA came out and challenged WALTER to a match. He briefly got the best of each Imperium member before heading up the ring. Guys… F*CKING WALTER VS. KUSHIDA!

CRUISERWEIGHT TITLE #1 CONTENDERSHIP MATCH: Oney Lorcan vs. Lio Rush- 7.75/10
Why are we having a #1 contendership match between a guy who has lost two straight matches (including a #1 contendership match) and a guy who hasn’t wrestled in forever and hasn’t won since back in January (including losses in a Cruiserweight Title #1 contendership match as well as an IC Title match).
These guys had an awesome match in the mere eleven minutes they were given. Lio is apparently a babyface now. He is all the lesser of these two losers, and will thus now get a title shot.

STREET FIGHT: Matt Riddle vs. Killian Dain- no rating, terrible segment
Dain jumped the bell on Riddle. They brawled backstage past a few members of the roster. Eventually WALTER decided to run in on their brawl, attacking Riddle, with the rest of Imperium soon following. The Street Profits ran in to help, Riddle, the Forgotten Sons ran in, and then everyone and their brother ran in and started fighting. Just to make things worse, when things eventually got back to the ring and the only men in the ring were the two competitors in the match, security decided to run in and pull them apart. IN A F*CKING STREET FIGHT. More brawling happened, and the last spot we got to see was the big mean heel who we’re supposed to hate getting cheered for doing a cool dive onto the pile on the outside.
This was pathetic Hogan/Bischoff-run TNA levels of desperate. It was an angle doe solely to end the show with “controversy” and hope people are excited because they find a big random brawl to be cool. F*ck that sh*t. I want logic, and I WANT A FINISH TO THE GIMMICK MATCH MAIN EVENT YOU’VE BEEN BUILDING UP FOR WEEKS!

There was some very enjoyable stuff on this show, but the ending was a huge turn-off for me. I really hope they don’t do this sort of attention-seeking BS every week.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3

KILLdozer

Re: BRM Reviews 9/18/2019 NXT: Part 1 (Netwrok Exclusive)

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 19th, '19, 11:14

Both parts aren't part 1 you know...
When they come, they'll come at what you love.

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 19th, '19, 11:23

Btw...only the USA half is on Hulu at the moment...very strange...considering how even the Takeovers have been always been on here as well. Maybe it's coming tomorrow?

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 19th, '19, 11:48

Nevermind... I guess this is an hour show that's all in one part ? 💁‍♀️

KILLdozer

Post by KILLdozer » Sep 19th, '19, 11:55

Yeah, that's exactly what happened...and even though this was only 2 hours and not 3...Hulu still cut certain shit Just because, even though SD never gets edited at all lol.

Serujuunin

Re: BRM Reviews 9/18/2019 NXT: Part 2 (Netwrok Exclusive)

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 25th, '19, 19:37

I was never a fan of Lio or Oney before now... Lio just struck me as being cocky, and Oney reminds me of a blank CAW in a wrestling game... But I was fairly impressed with their match here. I will have to start paying more attention I guess!

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 25th, '19, 20:02

Serujuunin wrote: Sep 25th, '19, 19:37 I was never a fan of Lio or Oney before now... Lio just struck me as being cocky, and Oney reminds me of a blank CAW in a wrestling game... But I was fairly impressed with their match here. I will have to start paying more attention I guess!
WATCH 205 LIVE!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 26th, '19, 08:38

Serujuunin wrote: Sep 25th, '19, 19:37 I was never a fan of Lio or Oney before now... Lio just struck me as being cocky, and Oney reminds me of a blank CAW in a wrestling game... But I was fairly impressed with their match here. I will have to start paying more attention I guess!
I think it was right after he won the NA Championship, but Adam Cole cut a couple of promos on Oney Lorcan that hilariously resemble this comment.

I can't get over Lio looking like a prepubescent child. I've always loved him in the ring, but man... that time Elias called child services on Lashley hit the nail on the head. Like, if he just randomly broke out in Fortnite dances it wouldn't be weird at all. That's a big problem when I'm trying to live vicariously through you.

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 26th, '19, 09:58

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 25th, '19, 20:02
WATCH 205 LIVE!
Tell me where to start and I will!

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 26th, '19, 10:00

Bob-O wrote: Sep 26th, '19, 08:38
I think it was right after he won the NA Championship, but Adam Cole cut a couple of promos on Oney Lorcan that hilariously resemble this comment.

I can't get over Lio looking like a prepubescent child. I've always loved him in the ring, but man... that time Elias called child services on Lashley hit the nail on the head. Like, if he just randomly broke out in Fortnite dances it wouldn't be weird at all. That's a big problem when I'm trying to live vicariously through you.
I 100% agree with you. It’s not his fault he has a young face, but there is definitely an issue with him looking like he’s about 12 when he’s trying to be a threatening opponent.

Bob-O

Post by Bob-O » Sep 26th, '19, 10:37

Serujuunin wrote: Sep 26th, '19, 09:58
WATCH 205 LIVE!
There's a stoyline on there that's been going about 3 years... hard to believe in WWE, I know, but the Kendrik/Tozawa/Gulak/Gallagher thing began I think while they were trying to build the show around Enzo...

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 26th, '19, 14:09

Bob-O wrote: Sep 26th, '19, 10:37

WATCH 205 LIVE!
There's a stoyline on there that's been going about 3 years... hard to believe in WWE, I know, but the Kendrik/Tozawa/Gulak/Gallagher thing began I think while they were trying to build the show around Enzo...
Hmmm, I shall try to find where that starts and go from there... and just skip the parts with Enzo lol

Big Red Machine

Post by Big Red Machine » Sep 26th, '19, 18:01

WATCH 205 LIVE!
Start from right after Enzo leaves, with the tournament to crown a new champion (should be January 2018), as I believe that's where Hunter takes over. Basically, just find where I started reviewing on a weekly basis and go from there.

The beginning park of the Kendrick/Tozawa thing (which started under Vince), wasn't good. It was Kendrick doing a bunch of heelish things and claiming he was trying to "teach Tozawa a lesson" for Tozawa's own good, over and over and over again. All you have to know is that the feud happened with Kendrick as the heel and Tozawa as the babyface.

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation

Serujuunin

Post by Serujuunin » Sep 26th, '19, 21:07

Big Red Machine wrote: Sep 26th, '19, 18:01

WATCH 205 LIVE!
Start from right after Enzo leaves, with the tournament to crown a new champion (should be January 2018), as I believe that's where Hunter takes over. Basically, just find where I started reviewing on a weekly basis and go from there.

The beginning park of the Kendrick/Tozawa thing (which started under Vince), wasn't good. It was Kendrick doing a bunch of heelish things and claiming he was trying to "teach Tozawa a lesson" for Tozawa's own good, over and over and over again. All you have to know is that the feud happened with Kendrick as the heel and Tozawa as the babyface.
Screenshotted this and I’m gonna start as soon as I’m done with what I’m watching. Thanks guys!