BRM Reviews the 7/9/2019 205 Live (great)

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 7/9/2019 205 Live (great)

Post by Big Red Machine » Jul 10th, '19, 22:17

ONEY LORCAN PROMO- The promo was decent. Then he got jumped by Ariya Daivari and they had a short brawl that was broken up by a referee, Drake Maverick, and Adam Pearce, with the Drake instructing the other two to “KEPP THEM APART ALL NIGHT!”

BRIAN KENDRICK vs. SUNIL SINGH (w/Samir Singh)- 4.75/10
This stemmed from an incident earlier today where the Singh Brothers interrupted Kendrick’s interview to be clowns. Kendrick won a fine little match where he had to overcome the numbers game. The Singh Brothers attacked him after the match but his tag team partner Akira Tozawa made the save.

HUMBERTO CARRILLO VIDEO PACKAGE- fine
This is part one of a four-part series they’re doing on him.

JACK GALLAGHER vs. A JOBBER- squash
IN the middle of this long, submission-style squash, Mike Kanellis showed up at ringside and started throwing things.

DRAKE MAVERICK AND MIKE KANELLIS BACKSTAGE- EXCELLENT!
Mike blames Drake Maverick for all of his problems. Drake admitted his own flaws and apologized (both to benefit and the entire roster) for not being around much as of late because he was chasing the 24/7 Title (which I don’t even think he is wearing right now), but says that Mike’s behavior was unacceptable. In Mike’s view, “it’s fair that I ruined your little show out there because you ruined my life.”
Drake says he has to fine Mike. Mike is outraged because he has a second kid on the way now (“another mouth to feed”). Drake says he’s sorry but he still has to do it. Mike says that they both know that he is scheduled to compete next week “and I cannot wait to see how big of a fine you’ll give me for what I plan to do then.” Both men’s delivery here was fantastic.

ANYTHING GOES MATCH: Oney Lorcan vs. Ariya Daivari- 8/10
An awesome slow-paced weapons match that made every move count.

TONY NESE VS. DREW GULAK VIDEO PACKAGE- very good

Another great episode of 205. You really should check out at least the Kanellis/ Maverick stuff. Drake was SOOOOO awesome here.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3