BRM Reviews the 6/26/2019 NXT UK

Big Red Machine

BRM Reviews the 6/26/2019 NXT UK

Post by Big Red Machine » Jun 29th, '19, 19:31

TRAVIS BANKS PROMO- great!
He lets us know that he is “prepared” just like WALTER said he was heading into this rematch with Pete Dunne.

MARK ANDREWS vs. JOSEPH CONNERS- 5/10
Andrews wins a decent underdog babyface vs. mean heel opener.

DAVE MASTIFF COME ACROSS THE HUNT OUTDOORS- The Hunt are angry and hitting metal things and screaming. Mastiff gives them a decent pep talk for feud against Gallus. This was too much of angry bearded British men screaming.

GRIZZLED YOUNG VETERANS PROMO- great heel stuff

PIPER NIVEN VS. RHEA RIPLEY VIDEO PACKAGE- GREAT!
They face off next week.

JOHNNY SAINT TWEETS AN ANNOUNCEMENT- We’re getting The Hunt & Dave Mastiff vs. Gallus. Next week’s show is shaping up to be pretty good.

KILLER KELLY vs. XIA BROOKSIDE- 0.25/10
They did a spot where Kelly worked over Xia’s... eyelids? Forehead? I don’t know. Whatever it was, it was f*cking weird. Jinny and Jazzy showed up on the ramp to distract Xia. They weren’t there for more than thirty seconds, but in this thirty seconds we got three separate camera cuts to them. After Kelly took advantage of the distraction to attack Xia from behind, they left. Then Xia won about thirty seconds later, making their appearance basically irrelevant. I almost gave this one a dud.

TONI STORM IS INTERVIEWED ABOUT KAY LEE RAY EARNING A TITLE SHOT- bad
Whoever has been producing and scripting these last few Toni Storm interviews needs to stop doing so immediately. She came off extremely annoying here. Hearing her call the title a “shiny-shiny” made me understand why Vince decreed that only certain words could be used to refer to championships, and those pointless camera cuts need to stop.

NOAM DAR vs. LIGERO- 5/10
Good storyline advancement here, with Kenny Williams showing up to watch at ringside, but revealing to us that he is not going to be Dar’s protégé by tricking Dar into thinking he would help him when Dar asked for Williams’ chair after using the fake injury trick but then pulling the chair back, leading to Ligero rolling Dar up for the pin.

THE TAG TITLE MATCH IS ALSO NEXT WEEK- Like I said above that show is looking stacked.

NXT UK TITLE MATCH: WALTER(c) vs. Travis Banks- 7.25/20
The crowd is dead silent for WALTER. It’s kind of eerie. People are just staring at him. The catcalls finally began once his entrance finished. This was a great match for the time it got, and a nice strong and surprisingly clean victory for WALTER. Even as a heel, I think WALTER needs to win all but the biggest matches cleanly, both to make WALTER look strong and to make the few babyfaces he has to cheat to beat look even stronger than they would if WALTER was cheating against everyone.

A decent episode of NXT UK.
Hold #712: ARM BAR!

Upcoming Reviews:
FIP in 2005
ROH Validation
PWG All-Star Weekend V: Night 2
DGUSA Open the Ultimate Gate 2013
ROH/CMLL Global Wars Espectacular: Day 3